Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bl**dy Hell

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Erm, I don't have a problem with stickies. This is because I have no idea where they are, apart from a tiny number - four, to be precise - at the top of Apres. You're surely not arguing about just 4 or 5 stickies, are you? I think this must mean that there are a whole load of others which I simply haven't located. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
 brian
brian
Hurtle, there's a few at the top of most of the snowHead s fora, 3 on this one for a start !

I asked the mods to move the weather thread I started yesterday to the piste but they have declined.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, Well, there's a thing! Thanks. It's 'cos I do all my reading from the Main Menu that I've missed them all. As mentioned elsewhere, I never access a thread via a forum, just look at the most recent threads in the Main Menu and read them if the thread titles look interesting. Who cares what forum they're in? This, mark you, is probably why I strayed into BZK by mistake. Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, the way you access threads, it probably doesn't matter which section a thread is in - which might beg the question why have sections. My snowheads bookmark is http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/ - so I use the forum in a different way from you, and have an overview of what's going on by section. In the sections I do use, I sometimes mark of as 'all read' once I have seen the particular threads I want to read - so I quickly see if there is something new.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
While we are at it, only perfect photographers should post photos and only Nobel Prize for Literature winners should post anything with words in it Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No need for all that - just a bit of common sense. Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian wrote:
... I asked the mods to move the weather thread I started yesterday to the piste but they have declined.

The consensus among the moderators was that this forum is the most appropriate one for all things to do with snowfall - both currently on the ground and that predicted. The accuracy of some of the weather forecasting has been widely appreciated, as have the regular reports (and photos) from snowHeads at the various resorts.

On a personal note, I am not surprised that this forum is showing greater activity this season (and hence threads dropping to the 2nd page), we have more snowfall and more people sending back reports from resorts - both of which are a good thing snowHead .

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 15-11-07 10:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good - I agree snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, I think that's fair, actually (I feel less testy today, work's going better wink ). I do hope that posters can keep the speculation/forecast comment in threads separate from actual observed-on-the-slopes stuff as much as possible, though. Then sHs can decide for themselves which thread are worth a quick look, and which are (ahem) more 'Dawn Chorus'y NehNeh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, Ray Zorro,

but... the only challenge here is if as I do you come into Snowheads by clicking the 'view new posts since last visit' then forums don't matter? snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles wrote:
Ray Zorro, I think that's fair, actually (I feel less testy today, work's going better wink ). I do hope that posters can keep the speculation/forecast comment in threads separate from actual observed-on-the-slopes stuff as much as possible, though. Then sHs can decide for themselves which thread are worth a quick look, and which are (ahem) more 'Dawn Chorus'y NehNeh

Maybe a tag at the start of a thread?

Report - Steep Hill 2 feet of snow in 2 days
Forecast - Steep Hill 2 feet of snow in 2 days

That way it's easy to spot the factual reports from our snowHead on location and the forecasts from the desk jockeys Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why is this thread posted on SNOW REPORTS ?

I can't even find a FORECAST in this thread let alone an actual on the ground SNOW REPORT !

Who is the offending party who started this up Twisted Evil

Seriously, though, the more posts and threads the better, some are very interesting and some not so. But, please let ME decide what threads I want to read and or contribute too !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beeryletcher wrote:
...........Seriously, though, the more posts and threads the better, some are very interesting and some not so. But, please let ME decide what threads I want to read and or contribute too !

Sure thing - what's being suggested is that we should be able to see clearly what's fact - ie reports of snow actually on the slopes - and what's speculation.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy