Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
freeze levels seem to be rising early next week
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, 'fraid so. Pack a snorkel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
achilles, i went for Cham instead of Morzine for a trip next week, seems like the better choice with freeze levels maybe around 2,000 - 2,500 m
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops wrote:
freeze levels seem to be rising early next week

not really surprising given the time of year! Looks like they will dip again early next week, then rise thru the week only to fall off to below average by the end of next week (but it's still a long way away)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, freeze levels seem to have been adjusted down a bit now by the various websites for the next six days, much better Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, Week after looking very promising too Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, hope temps stay down as long as possible until the EOSB Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, In the position that I may be getting a months gardeing leave very, very shortly and with 3 foot of snow in the Alps it would be rude not to ruin my kids education for a second time this season and take them skiing Embarassed . Watch forcecasts like a hawk, long way away but 7+ looking cold to low with snow. Please snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, go on it'll give the other kids a chance to catch up Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The GFS is showing quite different temps to the ensemble beyond monday, any thoughts?

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any weather gods willing to suggest the forecast in the 3 valleys for week commencing 5th?? I have yet to master the wigglies!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure about the wigglies, but looking out of the window - it's snowing. Quite hard.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tobymory, me too. Looks like take your waterproofs & ski high at the moment but it could all change. I like the news about whats happenning out of the window snowHead

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 31-03-08 8:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well my car battery was flat when I got in it to go to the airport, dashed to the train station instead and made the train by 2 minutes, only to watch the train on the next platform leave - I was sitting on a train due to leave 30 mins later ! I think I am heading to the wrong Bristol station for the bus to the airport too !

But it is snowing so as long as I can get my flight I do not care
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, snowHead snowHead

I hope it stays.
snow report
tobymory, You have probably picked the best early April week in the 3V for the last 25 years!
Another 15cms today. Little Angel
ski holidays
My bunions are aching - I reckon we'll have heavy snow in the UK this weekend ! snowHead
ski holidays
some decent looking forecast for austria later this week. could be some fresh snow from wed through to sunday, temps look just colder enough. Fingers crossed as i'm out for a last long weekend, so one powder session would be great.
latest report
we're off to Obertuaern (Austria) on Sunday, grabbing extra 4 days, as flights and hotel prices rock bottom...forecast looks good, lower temps and snow falling from Wednesday onwards, and that's on top of 250 cms already there...madness really, it was +7 in Feb and sunshine all week...the season seems to be better later than earlier these days.
snow report
Seems to be plenty of perturbed and rather unpredictable weather around next week; the FL will be critical but it looks pretty grim for lower resorts. The rapid rise in temperatures the last few days, coupled with the long daylight hours have wreaked a lot of havoc below 1300m or so. At higher altitudes April looks like being a good month for skiers.
latest report
The models don't know what to do with next week, although they all seem set on reasonable freezing levels, if not slightly below average, as for precipitation who knows.

latest report
Quote:
The models don't know what to do with next week

Let's be thankful for that. If they settle definitively on some of the more dire possibilities we could look forward to an extremely unpleasant week. There's a limit to how long I can spend shopping in Albertville because it's raining to 2500m!
snow report
pam w, same here, I am in Morzine. At least the first few days look OK...
ski holidays
Getting Stoked for a week in Val d'isere on Saturday. Forecast is for snow next week & lots of it. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
pam w, norris, Really weird but snowing down to about 11-1200 metres here in Gstaad/Saanen ... but rain/sleet blow that
latest report
cc_7up,
We are in Val D on Sunday, can't wait - looks good! Laughing
ski holidays
06z is out, freezing levels are dropping for next week, fingers crossed for some snow..
snow report
o degees in Flumserberg today, not bad at all, snow coming apparently
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pig of a day in Cham with the slopes shrouded in cloud around the Brevent and the linked area, but snowing quite hard and I would say from around 1300 ish up, so hopefully some nice conditions in the morning if the stuff does not freeze solid over night
ski holidays
Misty, snowy, sleety, rainy - the lot, this morning. OK up at 2000m, I think I could feel some powder beneath my feet as I pottered along from one red stick looming out of the mist to the next. My brother-in-law fell and pulled stomach muscles - left him and hubbie in a restaurant in Notre Dame de Bellecombe and came back to Les Saisies for the car. Like the moon it was, absolutely nobody up there, empty chair lifts. As for next week; lap of the Gods.
snow report
I like this forecast from Geof Monk today:

"A protracted period of cold northerly winds with snow showers, especially over northern
and eastern upland areas, with at times the snow falling steadily for a couple of hours or
so. Freezing levels will remain low, and wind speeds will vary – but there should be
periods when they ease."
Very Happy
snow report
Dunno about the wigglies, but Looking out of the hotel window here in Ischgl - DUMPORAMA!| Laughing

It's been belting down all day, At one point (around 2.30) we were the ONLY people daft enough to be riding up to the top of the ViderJochbahn (O4) chair - no choice we were trying to get back from Samnaun. 50+Kph winds, horizontal snow, and visibility down to millimetres Shocked

Pistes are all 'off piste' and the snow looks set to continue throughout the night. Tomorrow = POWDER DAY (if only we can see it Shocked ).

Loads more snow on the way tomorrow, brighter weather on the local forecast for Friday. It's like Christmas (only with more snow Laughing )
ski holidays
4.30 this afternoon, looking out over the village from our hotel
snow conditions
cc_7up, janeb, so am I! Glad you said about the snow next week cc_7up not long now until departure! snowHead
snow conditions
sharon1953, We,re in Obergurgl from tomorrow, snow looks fantastic but 75 kph winds on Weds Sad
snow report
looks like warming p towards the latter half of this week but no clarity about just how wet or snowy it will be yet. Still good to be out here. January seems a long time ago now
latest report
off to Les Deux Aples next week ...anyone able to venture an opinion about likely snowfall ? too many squiggly lines for me
Very Happy
ski holidays
Pedro_2004, my not very educated guess is that there'll be some good new snow. Looks like a fantastic end of season; just as well after several extremely warm and soggy days!
snow conditions
The 8 and 9 day forecast for VT show over a foot of snow and freeze levels around 1300. WooHoo for the E.O.S.B Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:
WooHoo for the E.O.S.B

It looks like absolutely epic conditions for the EOSB.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy