Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
up at Kleine Scheidegg right now. absolutely perishing! locals say it'll be snowing hard tomorrow... there goes the visibility then..! looks like snow on/off for a while now. should be great for you Easter weekers! enjoy...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carled, could you give me the link for laax in switzerland as i'm heading out with the boy for the british championships, be really nice if it snows the sat 29th night then is sunny all week. an updatable link would be fab! thanks in advance Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Just hope this cold snowy weather lasts until 5th april

I certainly hope it doesn't. Visibility is going to be rubbish, with freezing temperatures, high winds, probably lots of chairlifts shut and terribly tempting but dangerous conditions for the freeriders. Some days of snow, fine. But then it needs to stop before the weather gets warmer again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
anyone know where i can get a good long range forecast (with wigglies, as that's all i understand now Very Happy ) for Banff, Alberta Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowangel. wrote:
carled, could you give me the link for laax in switzerland as i'm heading out with the boy for the british championships

I'm not carled (at least, I'm pretty sure I'm not), but is this what you want?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
paulcl, excellent and i think (but i can never be sure i'm wrong) that its telling me exactly what i want to see Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, which link do you use to get the white-background wigglies? The one I've saved is on black. Dunno if it makes any difference to the info, just curious.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
quick update on current conditions from Davos... snowing and sunny.. at the same time... Puzzled

No shortage of snow in Eastern CH - not the best year ever, but it's good conditions Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any one going for the week? Can't make the test but I was tempted so much that I booked in for mon to sat leave a little snow to make some fresh tracks with Laughing papa c
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyph wrote:
kitenski, which link do you use to get the white-background wigglies? The one I've saved is on black. Dunno if it makes any difference to the info, just curious.

I use this for white:

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_746_ens.png

Not idea what to change to get black though Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andyph,

I have a feeling that the "black" ones are pulished on the Wetterzentrale website for named locations, via this link http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavnmgeur.html & selecting "Ensemble t850 & Nds"

whilst the "white" ones are for whole degrees of lat & long as shown by kitenski above...

FYI: An easy(ish) way to find the locations for lat & long is to go into google maps & type in (say) 47,11 into the "search maps" box - 47,11 is half way between Langenfeld & Solden.

NB use a minus figure for westerly longitudes.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 21-03-08 12:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's dumping down in chamonix at the moment - looks like the whole area is getting hit. Since this is the weather "outlook" thread, i'd just like to say that in 10 minutes time, it's still gonna be dumping down in a fair few places in the alps Madeye-Smiley

http://meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Been dumping here since around 4am. Over 30cms so far.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here too, and still dumping, even down at Moutiers. Prepare for a long drive up the mountain if you're arriving tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers, geoffers, mystery solved. I've used Google Earth to get precise lat/longs for my destination, input into one of the US forecasting sites for a range of exotic graphs. But I still prefer Wetterzentrale for regular cheap thrills. 7 sleeps to go...
latest report
pam w, you were up to know it started at 4 Shocked

heavy snow here all day, still snowing and more heavy snow due tonight. then on and off snow all day to be finished with heavy snow sat night!
I have forebidden it to snow sunday night so i dont have to clear the terrace of snow on monday! LOL
latest report
Leaving Wengen tomorrow... Sad And, of course, it is absolutely binning it down with snow. Hasn't stopped snowing all day (although strong winds shut most of the resort) but it was still warm and wet in the village at 3pm. Since 3pm about 6 inches of fresh fluffy white powdery gorgeousness has just fallen... and it's still coming down now. Should look particularly impressive in the morning. We've just been out being utterly childish in the main street having snowball fights and trying to ring the bell on the bernerhof cow with snowballs. snowHead

Masmith (and all you others heading out tomorrow) you are lucky s.o.b.'s Enjoy...
snow report
snowangel. wrote:
carled, could you give me the link for laax in switzerland as i'm heading out with the boy for the british championships, be really nice if it snows the sat 29th night then is sunny all week. an updatable link would be fab! thanks in advance Very Happy

I'd be interested too since our place becomes free on 29th having been let for the best part of 2 months Wink
snow report
snowangel., hubby got up to go to the loo and peeked out the window.... and I think you might just be out of luck with clearing that terrace. snowHead
ski holidays
pam w, we live in hope, windy, and very very cold with extremely clear skies at the mo. i'm hoping it will hold off till wednesday then dump beautifully over night giving another blue bird day on thurs. I can dream eh!
snow report
snowangel., different weather down there. Here it's snowing moderately heavily - heavier than forecast. And a big dump again tomorrow, according to Chamonix Meteo and Meteo France, who are not often both wrong. Some sun will be nice, though. Yesterday morning was so fantastic; another one of those would be OK!
ski holidays
quick question for the experts, next week, commencing 29th March, the GFS seems to be flip flopping (broadly speaking) between above average on the 12z runs to below average temps on the 6z.

So the question, is what's going on that makes them vary so much run to run? I assume there is a front coming in from some where and they can't agree when it comes/if it stalls???

Cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
mcfcPaul, I'm off to aprica a week on saturday! Can you post a link for the live webcam as I am having trouble finding a good one. Thanks.
snow report
Matt Exley,
http://www.apricaonline.com/webcam/
ski holidays
Matt Exley wrote:
mcfcPaul, I'm off to aprica a week on saturday! Can you post a link for the live webcam as I am having trouble finding a good one. Thanks.

Try the e-motion.

http://www.apricaonline.com/e-motion/

It gets addictive that webcam Very Happy.You can even zoom in to see the current temps displayed on the digital clocks by the side of the road, zoom in where the pay toll is you'l see what i mean. Which hotel you staying in Matt?.
snow report
mcfcPaul, that link is cool and i'm not even going there!!!
snow report
mcfcPaul, staying in the Hotel Bozzi. Do you think the conditions there will be good when I go?
ski holidays
where's Carled now then, appreciate his thoughts on next week....

My take, based on the 6z GFS is:

More snow to come Thursday, then quickly warming up until Sunday, with a possibility of a cooldown and further snow Sunday onwards. The models then appear to disagree as to wether it stays cold or warms up...

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd like the Green top wiggly and the Blue bottom wiggly please. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Axsman, same here - I am there 5th april .
snow report
norris, I'm in Ischgl 29th March to April 5th. Forecast looking pretty good right now Laughing snowHead
snow report
Axsman, Morzine for me, just hope this weather pattern lasts ....

I think you will be in for a great week
ski holidays
Got no idea what all that means Blush .

madonna di campiglio on the 29th , any white gold forecast. Mr. Green
latest report
now this I'm liking, hopefully the GFS doesn't understand April Fools day....

ski holidays
I was thinking the same thing kitenski Very Happy Forecast for Saalbach looks damn great for around April Fools... I damn hope they're not taking the wee wee...
latest report
Bring on those wigglies! Toofy Grin
snow report
kitenski, i got married in 2foot of fresh powder april fools day 2 years ago! should be rights be a snowy day Very Happy
latest report
06z out now

Thats a MEGADUMP alert right there for Monday

ski holidays
looks like snow preceded by rain....f/l over 2000m on Sunday, then cooling down.....
latest report
Devil is always in the detail with the wigglies. Verily, they are fickle soothsayers...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy