Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

early January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for a small resort for about 5 days from the end of December beginning of January preferably Austria or Italy. Can anyone suggest anywhere suitable for a virtual beginner & an intermediate skier with a ski school that you can start any day.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't think of anywhere that has a ski school you can start group lessons any day, you'd need to go for private lessons, which would make a better use of your limited time, anyway. However, that is one of the busiest weeks of the year - New Year - and you'll need to get booked up extremely quickly. Some ski schools will already be fully booked even for private lessons. I don't know Austrian and Italian resorts well, but people who do will be along soon, I'm sure. If you could wait until the week following (from 5 Jan) you'll have infinitely more choice, and nice quiet pistes. Also, statistically, a better chance of good snow. You'll need to give people some idea of your budget; many places will be reluctant to take a booking for less than the standard 7 day period over New Year - you might need to pay for the full week and not use two of the nights. Again, the following week being so much quieter, you will probably be able to negotiate a better deal. Are you planning to drive, or fly?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks-unfortunately my budget is limited & I'm stuck with school holidays. I would prefer ski school as I'm going with my son (aged !7) & we're both different levels. I'll be flying.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
trevor,
The overwhelming majority of small resorts will be suitable for skiers at this level . Lessons wise I thinkpam w, is spot on. You need to see if there are flights available. Then you need to contact the tourist offices in the resorts you are thinking of. You will probably find someone willing to put you up for five nights but it might be a bit out of the main resort. Quite a few resorts will let you do web based searches for accommodation, for non Sat-sat stays though you are probably best e-mailing or phoning the tourist office directly. Looking at the snow at the moment sounds like Austria is the place to be.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There seem to be flights available to Munich so ideally I'd be looking for somewhere within reasonable train distance from Munich.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
trevor wrote:
I'm going with my son (aged !7) & we're both different levels. I'll be flying.

How's your son getting there? Walking? Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
trevor, there is a train from Munich that goes to Salzburg then Bishofshofen, Radstadt and Schladming, all of which are in the ski amade area.

Have a look at http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp for train details. Or you can get a taxi transfer from Salzburg for €40 return pp.
Have a look at http://holiday.skiamade.com/enquiry/ to find somewhere to stay for your dates. Loads of places do part weeks. As for ski schools, they all start at the beginning of the week. Might be worth thinking about private lessons in the afternoons.

Hope that helps. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy