Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How much would it cost me.....?

Poster: A snowHead
Seems like quite a few of you chaps and chapesses on here have property in the alps. How much would a 3/4 bed property cost in a decent resort in the alps? (Ball of string I know but ball park me!)

Just getting curious!

(Dont tell the mrs)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lots!!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
do you mean a chalet, or an apartment? If the former, in an obscure resort (ie ours, Les Saisies), a 4 bed decent place, well located, will cost over a million euros. A 3 bedroom apartment would be more manageable - guesswork, 300K upwards. There are plenty of websites you could trawl.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
A 3 bedroom apartment [in Les Saisies] would be more manageable - guesswork, 300K upwards.

I saw a 2 bedroom apt in an MGM building in La Rosière go for about €300k recently.
(Just as a reference point, of course, who would want a place there?)

David
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parents were looking at a small chalet excellent location in chamonix close to lifts centre of town etc. not v nice decorbuilding fairly sound.. Garden level: garage/laundry, bedroom and cellar. Upstairs: reception room, kitchen, bathroom, WC, bedroom, balcony and terrace. pushing £800k (they want to move from current home in scotland)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mattmulkeen, There is a Chalet in Montalbert on the market for around €950,000 but for a more sensible answer have a look here.
www.maisonindividuelle.co.uk
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mattmulkeen, Are you very rich??? Bedrooms are a luxury in the alps. Square metres are how the french do it in the main. Price around here is roughly 3,000 euros per square metre give or take.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
138m2 in Chamonix £800k=£6000+ per sq metre in reference to my above comment.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mattmulkeen, this will give you an idea of price in the Serre Chevalier. http://www.dyon-immobilier.com/fr/vente/.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm- how long a piece of string and what do you mean by decent resort? www.alpineangels.net gives you a decent idea for haute savioe morzine and samoens and les gets

Saw new build chalets not huge in Vaujany for about 450000 euros.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mattmulkeen, Funny how everyone assumes France is the place. For half the amounts being suggested you can buy in Austria. IMV it is just as easy to get too (often cheaper as well), just as driveable (no tolls in Germany), and in summer it is just great. Pick somewhere like Zell am See and you've got a well sorted winter and summer resort plus the insurance of Kaprun and the kitzsteinhorn glacier just up the road. You'll find places if you do a bit of googling.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mattmulkeen, depending on what and where it is, Chamonix Valley property typically ranges from €4,000 to € 10,000 per square metre. I have seen higher and lower as well, generally for obvious reasons. No reason to focus on France as BS suggests. Recall that most French resorts have limited summer rentals if renting is part of the plan.

Also recall that (to generalise) the whole idea of doing a place up with long term profit in mind is somewhat alien to your average French family - partially because the eye watering costs of buying and selling, not to mention potential tax liabilities, etc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Funny how everyone assumes France is the place. For half the amounts being suggested you can buy in Austria. IMV it is just as easy to get too (often cheaper as well), just as driveable (no tolls in Germany), and in summer it is just great. Pick somewhere like Zell am See and you've got a well sorted winter and summer resort plus the insurance of Kaprun and the kitzsteinhorn glacier just up the road. You'll find places if you do a bit of googling

Cheers chief! And to everyone who has responded! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
in summer it is just great
I'm sure Austria is great, in fact I know it is. Just wanted to point out that the right parts of the French alps are also great in the summer. And autumn.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, I agree. But some get a bit ghost towny don't they. Austrian villages are inhabited all year round.

Look at the value though...
http://www.worldpropertyshop.com/property_for_sale/Villa_in_Salzburgerland_Austria/2421/
http://www.worldpropertyshop.com/property_for_sale/Townhouse_in_Salzburgerland_Austria/2067/
Proper houses for the price of a small apartment in some French resorts.
latest report
This one's tempting:
http://www.worldpropertyshop.com/property_for_sale/Villa_in_Salzburgerland_Austria/2456/
THREE apartments in a big villa in Saalfelden for £215,000 (that's the price for all three!). Live in one, rent the other 2.
Easy drive to Saalbach, Zell am See, Maria Alm, Kaprun, Lofer, Leogang... even Kitzbuhel isn't that far. Biking, golf, lakes... it's all there.
snow report
(Slightly off-topic) pam w, is that Les Saisies as in the place next door to the obscure place known as Crest Voland, where every single school in Newcastle seems to like skiing? Confused
ski holidays
mark_s, ah, Crusty Vol-au-Vent and the most excellent Hotel Bartavelles! Though the hotel is being converted to apartments, and Newcastle Schools were with me in 2Alpes last season.
snow report
Bode Swiller, Ahem!
snow conditions
It all depends on where you are considering purchasing. Pick what you want it for exactly then the area you would like to be. Chalet or apartment? DEpends on how often you are there. The former needs far more maintenance, danger of burst pipes in winter etc if property is left empty.
snow report
Lizzard, I was wondering why I ended up in Alpe d'Huez last season...NehNeh

The place we stayed at was poor in comparison to the Bartavelles though, and I think we would have starved save for the fact that there was a pizza shop right next door to where we were staying Very Happy
ski holidays
mark_s, Hotel Belle Aurore perchance?
snow report
Quote:

But some get a bit ghost towny don't they
... apart from L2A of course rolling eyes . easiski, I assume that's what "Ahem!" was directed at. Happy to oblige but, honestly, there are other alpine nations outside of France. I did it in geography aged 7. Australia and Swaziland and India I think it was.
snow report
chris wrote:
Mattmulkeen, this will give you an idea of price in the Serre Chevalier. http://www.dyon-immobilier.com/fr/vente/.

the prices there are suprising low. A future investment i think.
latest report
Christopher, I'm a cheapskate. Why else would I live here? wink
latest report
chris, I see Dyon are flogging an apartment in my complex for silly money. http://www.dyon-immobilier.com/fr/vente/le-monetier-les-bains/5-pieces
latest report
Helen Beaumont, jeeeezz!!! No chance when you can get a big chalet for that. Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
chris, I think it is actually bigger than 75 sq m but even so............. . I think (!) it was for sale for about 450,000 or perhaps a bit more and was one of the ones completed last Christmas. I would need to hunt out the price list to confirm.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, have you experienced it there too? Laughing
latest report
mark_s, no. I just happen to know it's next to a pizza place. I was offered the manager's job there last season, but I did something else instead.
latest report
Christopher wrote:
chris wrote:

the prices there are suprising low. A future investment i think.

Indeed, as long as there isn't a property crash in this country. wink

I'd be extremely nervous if I owned property in Bulgaria at the moment.
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
This one's tempting:
http://www.worldpropertyshop.com/property_for_sale/Villa_in_Salzburgerland_Austria/2456/
THREE apartments in a big villa in Saalfelden for £215,000 (that's the price for all three!). Live in one, rent the other 2.
Easy drive to Saalbach, Zell am See, Maria Alm, Kaprun, Lofer, Leogang... even Kitzbuhel isn't that far. Biking, golf, lakes... it's all there.

That's a hell of a deal!
latest report
Bode Swiller, I know, it was just the assertion that Austrian villages are inhabited year round and French ones not ..... Personally I love Austria in the summer (much better than in winter).
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
chris, I think it is actually bigger than 75 sq m but even so............. . I think (!) it was for sale for about 450,000 or perhaps a bit more and was one of the ones completed last Christmas. I would need to hunt out the price list to confirm.

Isn't that one the one reserved by the developer. It looks nice but price is steep for 3 bed apartment
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy