Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone

First-time posting, so here goes...

I've been looking into booking a week in Les Menuires in early January - looks like a cheap way to ski the 3 Valleys. But there's one word that seems to crop up again and again: "ugly". Can you give me some frame of reference here? Are we talking uglier than Tignes? Or how about Plagne Centre in La Plagne?

Thanks
Sam
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Firstly, welcome to snowHead SamTheEagle (why am I thinking of big blue birds all of a sudden Shocked )
My frame of reference for ugly resorts is always that you can't see them when you're skiing. Max out the ski time and it's not an issue Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SamTheEagle, Just means a couple of big hotels 'benidorm' looking things. Not that many alpine type buildings. Its a good resort if snow is good but not the best in poor conditions but VT is easily accessible.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is ugly, but you don't look at the buildings when skiing knee deep powder on piste (Feb last year!).
We are going back again this Feb, it is substantially cheaper than Meribel and the rest of the 3V...
The biggest, ugliest block has been knocked down now Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CarlT, Yes they are working hard to improve the reputation of the place. It wont improve the great skiing but it will push up prices. I found much of the LM area very reasonable in price.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SamTheEagle,
welcome to snowHead 's
Are you going to take photos of your hotel or ski ?
If its the latter you'll have a blast snowHead
Nightlife is OK to rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably on a par with Tignes or La Plagne. But there is the option of sitting on the terrace with your back to the buildings and looking at the mountains instead.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, you're right but it doesn't have many nice bars facing that way and there seems to be the biggest mish-mash of lifts and pylons I've every seen going out of a resort. And there's not many tree's to hide them! Reberty 2000 is OK if a little barl-ess though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome to snowHead 's. If you can ski you probably wont see much of Les Menuires. There is a vast area to ski. A cheap base for 3V, so what you will probably want to get over the valleys to La Praz, C1650 et al. Dont worry about the apartment blocks, ski the mountain!! The apartment is for sleeping in. Hope this helps.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Sam,

I would agree with most of the comments here - Les Menuires is ugly and has a bit of a bleak feel about it and stevew is right about the mish mash of lifts and pylons. However the skiing is very good indeed particularly high on the ridge between Les M and the Meribel valley where there are many long and fairly quiet red pistes such as "Les Quatre Vents" - and best of all you cannot see the village from there!

Access to Meribel, Mottaret and Val T is very good. It is a cheap way to ski the 3Vs and I am sure you will enjoy it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks a lot for all the feedback (and the welcomes!). You've made my mind up for me - definitely going to opt for Les Menuires. Here's hoping there'll be lots of snow!

Cheers
Sam
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SamTheEagle wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the feedback (and the welcomes!). You've made my mind up for me - definitely going to opt for Les Menuires. Here's hoping there'll be lots of snow!

Cheers
Sam

Where you thinking of staying ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not sure yet. Want to stay in a hotel - currently researching a few hotels that were listed on the skiclub.co.uk website. Any recommendations?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SamTheEagle wrote:
Not sure yet. Want to stay in a hotel - currently researching a few hotels that were listed on the skiclub.co.uk website. Any recommendations?

We stayed at L'Ours Blanc in February. http://www.hotel-ours-blanc.com/
It is a very friendly ski in - ski out hotel that is run by a french/english family.
The food is excellent, the rooms are of a very good standard and there is also a hot tub, sauna and steam room.

We tried to book again for next February, but they were fully booked for the week we wanted. Unfortunately, we left it later this year to book.

We are now booked to stay in the Les Menuires Club-Med...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy