Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland - Snowiest start to the season for 55 years

Poster: A snowHead
according to Swissinfo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy Can't wait!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
The areas hit most were the northern slopes east of the Susten pass, the resort of Samnaun, the Silvretta mountain range and northern Graubünden.

And Laax would be in northern Graubünden Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, it could all disappear...but things do look very nice in the Parsenn, where I shall be in January. Where's that smiley with crossed fingers?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, not by the weekend it won't - temps are falling. Max temp at 1100m on Fri will be -3, evidently
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
coo...... groovy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle,

when r u there as we are due out 5th to 12th
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
in the blick today or yesterday they said that because of global warming/climate change we will get more snow. Where were those theories last year when the world was ending?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...and this is the season I'll be mostly going to Canada Twisted Evil
snow report
 brian
brian
The automatic weather station at 2300m on the Schilthorn (Murren) is registering 74cm of new snow Shocked Total depth there is 131cm !
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Check out those schneehoehes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm getting my fair share in Flums right now !!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What are you doing in Flums then Frosty? Have you bought there?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nessy, yes, although TBH I'm not actually there yet just web cam watching. We've bought an apartment just round the corner from the Slalom bar in Tannenboden, its a new flat and ready on the 8th Dec. We'll be there from the 14th Dec to 11th Jan and then at various times through the season. PM on its way.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's even showing snow at the closest web-cam to our Swiss Resort and that is not even as high as 1500m - Now all its got to do is hang around until February rolling eyes
ski holidays
Megamum, According to metcheck its snowing down to the valley floor around Flums, where do you ski in Switzerland ?
snow conditions
Central switzerland West of Lucern about 1300-1400m

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 15-11-07 23:00; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Megamum, K*******p?
latest report
nessy, Nope Very Happy
ski holidays
List of Swiss ski resorts here, if anyone can be @rsed to pursue this guessing game: http://skicentral.com/switzerland.html

I reckon it's Brienz Meiringen Hasliberg, on the grounds that their website appears not to exist, thus keeping the place effectively incognito.
snow report
 brian
brian
Lizzard, Brienz is a fair bit west of Luzern, but then again Megamum may be double bluffing, you can't be too careful where kids are concerned (and yes, I reckon she's crazy enough to take baby goats in the car to Switzerland).
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Could be Rigi ?
latest report
brian wrote:
Could be Rigi ?

looks like fun, is there going to be a prize? Can I have "Beckenried-Klewenalp " if there is?
latest report
ise, Best let it die.......PLEASE!! - some of them get very heated with me 'cos I won't say.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, oooh - you could be on to a winner there! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, Schwartzenberg?
snow conditions
Titlis/engleberg.

I measured the snow in my garden, 50 cm @ 1200m
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
List of Swiss ski resorts here, if anyone can be @rsed to pursue this guessing game: http://skicentral.com/switzerland.html

I reckon it's Brienz Meiringen Hasliberg, on the grounds that their website appears not to exist, thus keeping the place effectively incognito.

http://www.alpenregion.ch/ is their web site, not exactly unknown home of the meringue and Reichenbach Falls from Sherlock Holmes. And site of one the coolest ski car parks in the alpes, the cars are parked between trees in a wood, awful use of space but very nice.
snow report
 brian
brian
Ooh, west of Luzern now, cheeky move Megamum. Could be Soerenberg, but it seems a little too big.
snow conditions
Quote:

some of them get very heated with me 'cos I won't say

Makes you all as daft as each other, frankly. Laughing
snow report
Lizzard, I agree rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
My guess is that it isn't on Lizzard's list.......and that it begins with M
snow conditions
Elizabeth B, Glad to see you're having so much fun.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 15-11-07 19:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Elizabeth B, a-ha, could these kids be in mortal danger ?

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy