Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The "getting abuse from the skiers" rapid response thread.

Poster: A snowHead
Getting outnumbered and abused in some thread? Post that thread URL here and your snowboard brethren can be all over it, restoring the balance in the greatest debate since chickens and eggs, board or ski?

Providing that thread isn't in apres zone, I'm scared of there.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, try dawn Chorus, that's really scary Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i've noticed that the younger skiiers tend to get along fine with snowboarders... I don't really get why there seem to be cross-faction hatred from some people Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DaveC, twin tip skis, helping to increase the love Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DaveC, stick-in-the-mud old farts who don't dare try it for fear of pain and looking like a twerp, but secretly wish they could.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard wrote:
DaveC, stick-in-the-mud old farts who don't dare try it for fear of pain ....

Lizzard, That's probably me (well at least the old fart bit)! Toofy Grin Having said that I get on well with boarders, and have even met a few from here eg Masque,Stab and Dobz snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, to be honest mate, you seem to be actively encouraging anti-board activities.

Are you a closet skier and just scared to admit to aspiriring to a sport that requires a little effort to be good at?

methinks the lady protesteth too much
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Old fart alert!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, who are you calling an "old Fart"? Why would I want to spend precious time learning to do something when I can get all over the mountain quite happily already? Even the flat & uphill bits where you snowboarders see to get rather, err, stuck.

You don't see many snowboarders touring do you? Ah, you can't get uphill. Oh. Never mind, you can admire my tracks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, YOU. And since you evidently can't snowboard, you aren't very well qualified to slate it are you?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, How do you know?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does snowboarding make you young and cool, even if you are old and fart-like?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Murdoch, you said:

Quote:

Why would I want to spend precious time learning to do something when I can get all over the mountain quite happily already?

... from which I felt entitled to infer that you had indeed not bothered to learn.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, probably not. However, if we could convince people that boarding will make them young, there is a fortune to be made. Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch wrote:
Lizzard, who are you calling an "old Fart"? Why would I want to spend precious time learning to do something when I can get all over the mountain quite happily already? Even the flat & uphill bits where you snowboarders see to get rather, err, stuck.

You don't see many snowboarders touring do you? Ah, you can't get uphill. Oh. Never mind, you can admire my tracks.

i can with my custom s series split board http://www.seisports.com/?,browse,13,52,121,042394 long live snowboarding and live for the day and enjoy the moment (that special one when your waist deep in pow) and skiers cant cos they get stuck in the deep stuff

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 4-11-07 11:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
rob@rar, probably not.

Oh well...
latest report
rob@rar, asked
Quote:

Does snowboarding make you young and cool, even if you are old and fart-like?

My answer is "not yet is hasn't". I'm still waiting. But learning something new is definitely good for keeping your brain younger and flexible, even if it makes your bum sore. And it's good for expert skiers to be reminded just how different even the easiest slopes look when you're a beginner. Plus, it's fun.
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
DaveC, stick-in-the-mud old farts who don't dare try it for fear of pain and looking like a twerp, but secretly wish they could.

Oh dear. Absolutely spot-on, I fear.
Sad
snow report
this is snowboarding
http://youtube.com/v/Rd8AJdcnw4A
snow conditions
powhound, I never, ever tire of watching that. It's got to be the greatest snow vid of all time.
snow conditions
powhound, that's just one long fall. I'd want a parachute. Shocked
ski holidays
i think that shut the 2 plankers up
snow report
Any of you on Facebook should be able to see this (probably more realistic for most of us) video: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=5365537604&subj=508424277

This is my lot last season - note the way Rob (green pants and striped jacket) completely fails on several occasions to land that jump off the roof at the end!
snow report
im 38 now and ill be riding till im at least dead
snow report
powhound, no, we just know we're right and have better things to do.
snow conditions
Lizzard, Hilarious! Some of it looks seriously painful, though. Anyone hospitalised?
latest report
Hurtle, no, amazingly enough! One of them did smack his hand on a rail and had to have it x-rayed, but the only resulting damage was that I had to do his lunchtime plonge shift while he went to the doctor.
snow report
Lizzard, Rubber people!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
powhound wrote:
David Murdoch wrote:

i can with my custom s series split board http://www.seisports.com/?,browse,13,52,121,042394 long live snowboarding and live for the day and enjoy the moment (that special one when your waist deep in pow) and skiers cant cos they get stuck in the deep stuff

I guess these two posts explain why there's a rivalry rolling eyes

David - the question isn't "why would you bother", it's "why is it bad just because you don't want to do it?". That kind of attitude is quite possibly why skiiers get called "old farts" Wink - fwiw, I don't snowboard at all, and don't intend to try because personally I'm happy with skiing.

powhound - pretty sure you'll find skiiers are fine in the deep stuff.

I guess I'm lucky enough to be able to not care less what the people I'm riding with strap to their feet (excluding blades Wink).
snow report
hahaha awesome thread Laughing

Quote:

Are you a closet skier and just scared to admit to aspiriring to a sport that requires a little effort to be good at?

Damn, you got me wink
snow report
DaveC wrote:
powhound wrote:
David Murdoch wrote:

I guess these two posts explain why there's a rivalry rolling eyes

David - the question isn't "why would you bother", it's "why is it bad just because you don't want to do it?". That kind of attitude is quite possibly why skiiers get called "old farts" Wink - fwiw, I don't snowboard at all, and don't intend to try because personally I'm happy with skiing.

powhound - pretty sure you'll find skiiers are fine in the deep stuff.

I guess I'm lucky enough to be able to not care less what the people I'm riding with strap to their feet (excluding blades Wink).

i was only making a statement i know skiers like the deep stuff but why all this rivalry
latest report
powhound wrote:

i was only making a statement i know skiers like the deep stuff but why all this rivalry

Seems like it's just a throwback from back in the day when skiing was reserved for rich people and skiiers had "their" slopes "invaded" by snowboards. I guess it'll die out in a generation or so... It does cut both ways though - I was watching a snowboard movie with my housemate a couple of nights ago and there was a section with a "gangsta" boarder going around spraying skiiers and shooting off and a section of skiiers crashing.

I guess whatever you choose to slide on though, there'll always be arseh*les in the world Smile
latest report
DaveC, Oi. I never said it was bad. What attitude?

It's that Lizzard causing trouble again.

Why would I want to do it though. Never seen (and I've done quite a lot of seeing) anyone do anything on a board that I can do on skis (except ride sideways and why would I want to be able to do that...)
snow report
Lizzard,
Quote:

I had to do his lunchtime plonge shift while he went to the doctor.

Whitegold would never approve of your Management style wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
So how come there are a number of boarders, that even me in my limited circle of experience have met who also own two planks and ski?
ski holidays
peer pressure Laughing
latest report
Damn, do some DIY for a day and I miss all the action Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

Why would I want to do it though.

You'll never discover the answer to that question until you try it for yourself.
latest report
Why are the skiers in the snowboarding section anyway ???? Is it the yearning to be with the 'in' crowd, mixing with the cool people?
snow report
Lizzard, Doh. I have done it a few times. You'll have to do better than that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy