Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Mayrhofen next May

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone skied Mayrhofen/Hintertux in spring/summer? We've booked a week there next May.

Our little baby will be 8 months old by then so this will be her first trip abroad, and the grandparents will also be coming along, as part-time baby sitters wink

Our cunning plan is that, by going in May, the weather will be nice enough for granny and grandad to have a nice walking holiday, whilst we get some skiing in on the Hintertux.

Would appreciate any feedback on best places to hire skis, how easy it is to get from the resort up to the Hintertux, what to expect from snow conditions at that time of year, etc? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hintertux, along with Zermatt, is the best remaining skiable glacier in the Alps.

Mayrhofen slopes will be closed. But Hintertux will be open and in good shape.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dan30, I went during the May/June half term holiday last year (or was it the year before Confused ) and it was great. It even snowed as we were leaving. Conditions were very good for us, but I guess they will vary from year to year. You should find loads still open to play on.

Take a very high factor sunscreen!!

You can hire skis at a couple of shops in Hintertux itself or there is a shop at the top of the second gondola that was also open.

I would recommend the Badhotel Kirchler http://www.badhotel-kirchler.at/ as a good place to stay.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a regular bus between Mayrhofen and Hintertux
I think it may be mostly hourly in the summer
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dan30, if it's the Whitsun week then you'll find quite a few Brits staying in Lanersbach - probably more going on there for grandparents and closer for excursions to Mayrhofen. There might also be something that'll pass for apres ski... Hintertux itself will be dead as a dodo in the evenings. Post bus (or are you hiring car?) can get you to the glacier and back. Big range of hotels at www.tux.at

Ski hire... Intersport under the Hotel Neu Hintertux is very good or there's the place at the Tuxerfernerhaus on the mountain.

I'll second that recommendation of the Bad Hotel (if you have to stay in Hintertux) as they have a nice big pool.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dan30 wrote:
Our cunning plan is that, by going in May, the weather will be nice enough for granny and grandad to have a nice walking holiday, whilst we get some skiing in on the Hintertux.

I have been out at May half term for the last two years. I took walking boots both times expecting to have to stop skiing at lunchtime and find something else to do. Both years it has snowed down to the Tux valley at some point in the week and been cold and wet the rest of the time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy