Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I want to ski this weekend!

Poster: A snowHead
I can get to Zurich airport for 7:45pm on Friday night with a return flight on Sunday at 7:30pm. That should give me the possibility of finding somewhere to have two good days of skiing.

Can someone tell me where i should be heading to? Austria looks good, but whats within a couple of hours of Zurich (and are the roads OK for someone unfamiliar with that part of the country, at night?) that is currently open?

I... Need... To... Ski snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well according to ViaMichelin, Innsbruck is just over 3 hours from Zurich Airport (289 Km), and from the map, that looks to be the closest ski area in Austria.

I'm not sure what (if anything) is open in that area at the moment, apart from the Stubai.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MorganW, we'll be in Laax this weekend Smile And a friend is seriously thinking of doing much the same as you to come with us

Laax is about 2 hours by car from Zurich airport, you'd have to check the SBB site for public transport.
snow report
 brian
brian
MorganW, Flims/Laax and Davos both open next weekend.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gents,

thanks for the info... now to find accommodation Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking into this further, Davos looks a winner. Seems that there will be plenty of skiing available (two parts of the mountain open, if I interpret it right?) and the snow cover looks good.

Roll on Friday!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We all want to go skiing every weekend rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All booked in! Staying at the Best Western at Davos Platz - looks very close to the Jakobshorn lift, which I believe is the only part of Davos open this weekend?

£105 for the flights, £80 for the hotel, £40 for car hire, £38 for 2 day lift pass... back in the mountains Priceless!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MorganW, Have a blast Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MorganW,

Not jealous at all Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Smile Surprised that prices from London City Airport for departure in four days is so reasonable... certainly was expecting it to be more. Will have to see how this weekend goes - it will be my first DIY weekend and I'm hoping that everything will go to plan. Crossing fingers that hiring one of the 'vans' from a car hire company will do the trick in transporting four of us plus ski and snowboard bags.

Laax looks an interesting alternative for a future weekend. Although I found the official website a little confusing in defining their glacier area, or the area covered by the Glacier ski pass. My brain cells weren't up for it, or I probably wasnt looking in the right place!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good work. Full report upon your return please. Lucky peeps.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll be skiing this weekend too, Sunshine opens on Thursday after getting totally pasted Monday and more snow forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also opening this weekend near Zurich: Flumserberg, Hoch Ybrig, Ski Mythen, Toggenberg, Braunwald

Weather forecast for Saturday looks perfect. Sunday not so good.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 13-11-07 20:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm skiing this weekend too - in Austria... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Dont we all Sad Sad
snow report
nessy wrote:
Also opening this weekend near Zurich: Flumserberg, Hoch Ybrig, Ski Mythen, Toggenberg, Braunwald

Weather forecast for Saturday looks perfect. Sunday not so good.

Does not so good mean rain??
latest report
kitenski, no bad weather = snowfall. In common with most people, I kind of like blue skies Happy

Mind you the forecasts are not in agreement about Sunday. On the sf.tv forecast Sunday is only partially cloudy.

http://www.sf.tv/sfmeteo/prognosen_auss.php
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
never been in Austria, but i found this place, seems very cool.

Salzach River Valley. The Salzach is a Danube tributary that cuts through some of Austria's most breathtaking scenery. Three travelogues are available here. The first is Bischofshofen, located roughly a half-hour southeast of Salzburg and home of one of the world's premier ski-jumping stadiums. St. Johann (im Pongau) (pictured) is a classic ski resort town that provided me with dozens of Christmas card-like shots. Also available is Villach, a small town in the far southern province of Carinthian (Kaernten).

Vivicita
Find out which are the best Brussels Hotel - Brussels Hotels guide
ski holidays
Looks like the opening up of Parsenn in Davos has been brought forward to this weekend. Joy! Little Angel snowHead
snow conditions
nessy wrote:
kitenski, no bad weather = snowfall. In common with most people, I kind of like blue skies Happy

Mind you the forecasts are not in agreement about Sunday. On the sf.tv forecast Sunday is only partially cloudy.

http://www.sf.tv/sfmeteo/prognosen_auss.php

I guess I'm different, I prefer snowfall so that = good weather to me Smile

Have fun MorganW, take lots of pics! Going green
snow report
Flims Laax has a few lifts open this weekend so no need for the 1 hour treck up to the glacier. Bad luck for eng_ch though. She will have to go to Flims to get up the mountain.

http://www.laax.ch/flash/index.php?#/de/laax_aktuell/laax_aktuell_news
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy