Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard Rental in Val Thorens/Shops in the South-West

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Second time snow boarding. This season i'm going back to VT as it was so great last season.

Last season I rented all my kit from intersport. I am tempted to buy my own boots this year and am liking the Burton Hail boots.

However, I still plan on renting the board and bindings.

Just wondering if any guys on here worked out there in rental shops as I know nothing about equipment and would like to learn about how binding positions and board length effect the sport. Would be good to chat to someone about it all. Also, perhaps can get a better deal or better equipment than intersport?

Thanks,

Chris

EDIT- I live in Bristol and would also like to know of good shops within my area, willing to travel a bit. (To buy my boots).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tesla, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Tesla wrote:
EDIT- I live in Bristol and would also like to know of good shops within my area, willing to travel a bit. (To buy my boots).
This has come up recently, general opinion seems to agree that there is no decent bootfitting option in Bristol but it's worth travelling to the midlands to see CEM in Bicester or Lockwoods in Leamington.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^ this is for boarding though rather than ski boots though.

Have a look at this thread about shops in Bristol in the boarding section of Snowheads, the people there will be able to give you better advice than I can Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roga wrote:

Good point, I assumed the same degree of care should go into fitting board boots. Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beedeji wrote:
roga wrote:

Good point, I assumed the same degree of care should go into fitting board boots. Puzzled

I don't know to be honest but I guess they probably need as much care, can't see why not.

I think there are a couple of independent board shops in Bristol that, for all I know, might be great at fitting boarding boots as opposed to the lack of choice we have with ski boots here. I'm also not sure if Lockwoods and CEM do boarding boots either.

The people who'll know will be over in the boarding thread though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beedeji wrote:
roga wrote:

As noted above - go here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31774

And look up BSB snowboarding.... Best snowboard shop in the south west, let alone Bristol and I can assure you....boot fitting is expertly handled. rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy