Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to ski, versus how skiing works...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
comprex, I agree. Very interesting idea/thread. But not a response to what I just posted. wink [ducks]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle, I think maybe, just maybe, the ability to be polite and kind to also relates to respect for having learned from. But you're right, it is not a direct response to
Quote:
Does anyone think we ought to establish a points system for being POLITE and KIND? The reason I ask is that, as the many ISIHAC fans on here are well aware, "points mean prizes!!" Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex,
Quote:

the ability to be polite and kind to also relates to respect for having learned

Fair point. (Note to self: work harder to earn prizes.)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
veeeight wrote:
PMTS

<ducks>

I am glad someone else teaches this - I teach this to everybody and it cures most ills. It provokes the skier to extend their inside leg but the focus is on getting the new inside ski in position. If the pupil just focusses on extending the inside leg they usually neglect the new inside ski and it then do not tilt it enough or pressure it enough soon enough...if at all....and may well end up in a small V...classic symptom of someone who does not understand the importance of their inside ski......if you think and do PMTS you will automatically fall onto the new set of edges and automatically extend the old inside leg...it is impossible not to. I promised not to try and write about technique because I knew it read like garbage.... you've all trapped me..darn. I saw the comment about PMTS on the youtube video of WC starts free skiing and I totally agree they think PMTS..unless someone understands what it is and tries it they won't see it - you can't see what the skier is thinking...you see the results in their movements..and the results are not consistent like a machine - but I can see that in this video..I am not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or another...somebody out there remember ??? It is hard to see it even when harb demos it because the result happens so fast it is very hard to isolate the movement visually in the demo. I demo it bit by bit at very low speed or standing still so the pupil understands what it will feel like..and what is going to happen. That didn't make sense did it ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
krunchie63, note the tumbleweed............
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

sniffs V8 bait, laughs uproariously, takes a slug of single malt to chase down the rest of it and chomps down anyway. God is on our side because He hates the Yanks. God is not on our side because He hates idiots also

krunchie63 wrote:
.and may well end up in a small V...classic symptom of someone who does not understand the importance of their inside ski

That open V has been in a lot of mags and other pics, frankly, I reckon a lot of folks look at those pics and say "That's not style. That's brutal training over think, racer wannabes lookit wot theyre doin to owr byootifull sport" It is seen as an inevitable consequence.

Quote:

...if you think and do PMTS you will automatically fall onto the new set of edges and automatically extend the old inside leg...it is impossible not to.

Hah. I don't think you have any idea* of the fear of that "fall" and what well-meaning people come up with to avoid it. Pretty much the province of under-30 males.

* truly meant in the best possible way. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, Georges Jubert described it as the 'dive into the fall line' - much nicer expression to my mind! (Hence my title 'dave to dive')
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You lost me ! This is a classic cross purpose discussion..I will leave you to it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, I noticed that. Very nice. Can I steal it?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, Now I get your tagline. Very appropriate!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy