Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for the occasional trip into powder

Poster: A snowHead
I'd like to but another pair of skis for this season. Something to use in powdery stuff - and more importantly when the others are in for a service.

I already own a pair of Fischer RX-8, and love them. Their forgiving nature matches my level of incompetence, but I love the 'feedback' they give me as an advancing beginner/early intermediate.

Everyone loves the 'Scott Missions' but what should I look at in the Fischer stable? ..what else covers the good-feedback but 'off-piste for beginners'? ....... 85 kg , 1.80m and 53 years-young.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Watea 94
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre, the Rossi B3 is good as it works well on and off-piste and will give you plenty of scope to grow into as you improve. I have Missions and they are great skis but I do think the B3's would be better for an early intermediate.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, chris, Thanks. I'm really looking for a 'test-list'.

chris, I've skied the 'Missions', they neither phased nor excited me Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agenterre, Watea 94, Elan 888, Nordica Enforcer
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry, but I just don't get how a 2nd pair is going to work for you? Are you going to decide when you leave your accom that "today" is the day for "occasional trips" into the powder, and thus take these new skis?

What happens if halfway into your first day you suddenly wish you had your other set of skis??

Why not either keep the RX-8 or get a more all mountain ski??

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:

Why not either keep the RX-8

AgnesTerry wrote:
Something to use in powdery stuff - and more importantly when the others are in for a service

Sure sounds like he's keeping the RX8s
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Greg -
kitenski wrote:
Sorry, but I just don't get how a 2nd pair is going to work for you? Are you going to decide when you leave your accom that "today" is the day for "occasional trips" into the powder, and thus take these new skis?

Yes

Quote:
What happens if halfway into your first day you suddenly wish you had your other set of skis??

I go back to the car/house/hotel and change them

Quote:
Why not either keep the RX-8 or get a more all mountain ski??

I will keep the RX-8s for piste ... why compromise?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hmm, ok, rather you than me, I''d prefer to ski what I find rather than wishing I had my "other" pair of skis.... Wink

I tried it once, took a pair of 155 slaloms and my 171 1080s with me on holiday, decided "today" was a piste day, so took the slaloms, first run we spotted some lovely off piste spring snow that I skied ok higher up and then promptly sank into lower down the mountain, and wished I'd just bought my 1080s.....

Cheers,

greg
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agenterre,Volkl Bridge, Head IM82, Atomic Nomad Crimson, BD Voodoo. I have a feeling we might have this descussion face to face.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Atomic Nomad Crimson

Really? Hunh. Might have to try it again then.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I have a feeling you may be right ... next week, what days are you closed? When are you 'quiet' ? ...no I'll rephrase that ..when does the shop not have many customers ? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre, You need a pair of ski's to make your get away from the pixies in Wengen NehNeh
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agenterre, Next week , i'll be there only Friday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agenterre, Next week , i'll be there only Friday.
ski holidays
Agenterre, As recommended by SZK Cool
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=30908
latest report
Or some nice new B3's Toofy Grin

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31421
snow conditions
carroz, I think we've got ourselves a pimpfest wink
snow report
spyderjon, Nah ... you need punters for one of those wink
ski holidays
Agenterre, I like Volkl Gotama's but if it is occasional maybe even Mantra's would do the trick or as SZK suggests Bridge
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy