Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowhead stickers

Poster: A snowHead
As the season is fast approaching (wahoo! snowHead ), I thought I'd raise the idea again of some snowhead stickers (I think someone raised it at an early stage of snowhead development), so that we can more easily identify one another (without resorting to strange hats, flowers, etc), and spread the snowhead word on our worldly skiing travels. snowHead Also it would be interesting to see just where the stickers get to - take a look at some of the lift pylons!! (or am I just being sad and regressing to my childhood urges to put stickers on stuff?)
Personally I'd like a small one for my helmet(!), and some slightly larger one for my skis (this will also help with identification in the massed rows of skis, that is of course until snowheads becomes so popular everyone has them on their skis!).
Unfortunately, being an engineer, I have absolutely no artistic talent, so any ideas? Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep,i'd stick one on my board to help with identification when meeting groups on hols or snowdomes.
Who's the boss in here now?
Gotta be a good way of raising some funds.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd have a few.... will put one the Austin 7, of course, to balance the vintage sports car club sticker on the ski-tube.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
May I suggest that they might be made of vinyl, after all we want them to last don't we snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This was an excellent idea the first time,and still is.Somewhere within our collective there must be a printer,graphic's person whatever.Our first snowHead winter is just round the corner.I would be proud to spread the word on my snowy jaunts.Admin,any chance we could make this happen.I know there are problems(funding,distribution etc)But,make the decision,and the bits will fall into place.
Think I spotted 760 reg users;so,print run a 1000 and we should sell the lot?
Anyone offering any help??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This was an excellent idea the first time,and still is.Somewhere within our collective there must be a printer,graphic's person whatever.Our first snowHead winter is just round the corner.I would be proud to spread the word on my snowy jaunts.Admin,any chance we could make this happen.I know there are problems(funding,distribution etc)But,make the decision,and the bits will fall into place.
Think I spotted 760 reg users;so,print run a 1000 and we should sell the lot?
Anyone offering any help??
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Didn't U have some done late last season? Much needed, if possible with the www address as well...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To combine two proposed promotional items, aren't stickers old hat?

Snowheads promotion will come very naturally, and very electronically.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I like stickers! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If someone could find a printer I'll happily donate some suitable artwork
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurrah for stickers! snowHead But I am still looking out for my hat Cool
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What about self-adhesive hats then?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

What about self-adhesive hats then?

Oh God ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cathy Coins, I'm not sure about hats but I do know of a couple of places that can do very reasonably priced embroidered fleeces
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glossy paper self sticky labels on line from Vistaprint ~ £5 for 140 plus upload charge for our own design of ~ £3.50.
Not a lot of money.

Can I suggest when we have the artwork available, it be posted on snowHeads so you could print your own onto whatever material your printer will cope with. Anyone with access to a laminator could easy make a sort of ID card on a string. Can you get sticky back paper to go through the kinds of colour printer we might have at home ? Anybody know ? I recall someone once put the snowHeads logo onto a T shirt. How is that done ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That was Jonpim with the t-shirt.
latest report
kuwait_ian, it's done using iron on transfer paper - bsaically (reverse) print your design on the paper and then using an iron transfer the design to your t-shirt. Only really works with light coloured tops although there are papers for dark shirts but i've not seen them work too well. Really easy to do and can yield great results.

If someone can do a design i'm sure someone on here has some small piece of server space to host the picture then everyone can download it and use it to create their own labels? snowHead
snow report
Linds, ask him to get his bottom back in here, please, to tell us how to do it. Or not - just to say 'Hello' would be better than nothing. We're suffering withdrawal symptoms - need a shot or two of his Nitrous Oxide Wink Wink
Edit TVM Dan, beat me to the post.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 2-09-04 10:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
kuwait_ian, you've also got to be careful with the make of the paper, some of the brands really are pretty pants.
snow report
kuwait_ian, I have used Vistaprint for my business cards and promotional postcards (the ones I will be abusing people with in London in a week or 2) and the quality is pretty good. Good reliable service as well.
latest report
I have a local printer who can do full colour onto vinyl up to 1200mm x 600mm but they work out far more than the glossy paper say 25p for a 25mm x 100mm sticker about 50p for 200mm x 50mm (suitable for putting on skis possibly ? ) vinyl will last much longer (several years ) than paper

Fleeces should work out to something between £20 and £30 which would include a donation to snowheads
snow report
I'm definitely interested in some merchandise. I'll monitor this thread to see what happens
latest report
I can tell you how to do the T-shirt!

You use special fabric transfer paper - print off the image you want on a normal printer, then iron it onto a t-shirt

I did it loads when i was doing textiles at school- vv easy
latest report
Should have said, the prices for the Fleeces I quoted above are for fully embroidered logos, multiple colour fleeces available in both Mens and Ladies sizes, personally I think they would be much more viable and visable for a winter sports holiday than a t shirt
snow report
Nadenoodlee, is there a trick to it, cos I did it once and the quality was rubbish - the prints started to come away from the fabric within one or 2 washes...
I probably bought cheap transfer paper (and can't iron)...
snow report
flying_squirrel, Yes there is an art to it, they don't last forever but usually quite a few washes. They don't like being folded or rather crumpled across the design. They are very good for tour shirts and the like but for a lasting image then you really have to get it done properly where they use something more substantial and flexible - i think it's some sort of vinyl??

There are different types paper/film. You can now get cool peel, where once you've transferred the image you leave it to cool and the paper backing comes away very easily, the old paper was a hot peel and used to affect how the image transferred. After playing around with various brands and makes i have found that Hewlett Packard gives the best and most consistent results.
ski holidays
some of u will know that I've been looking at getting stickers done.

Thos that kuwait_ian mentions above though cheap woulod not be durable enough for skis/boards/helmets/butts etc. But if anyone does want to get some made up here are some images U might like to use.

It's been suggested that a '.com' would be well added to the image. If anyone wants to do that, take the highest res. version as a starter and mail me the result so I can add it to the library.

D G Orf, do u have any artwork already? I'd love to see anything u have snowHead

More interesting are the vinyl stickers. I have looked into these but it's a bit of a wedge to get started. Simon (Mr T), U figured it might be a bit of a money-spinner. Not having bought a sticker in years, I don't have any idea what they would/should sell for - any clues?

Hats hats hats, yes, I have so been meaning to get this done!
latest report
I'd be up for some stickers for my skis, vinyl, plastic or similar preferably so they would last. I'd also buy either a Snowheads hat or fabric badge to sew on a hat of my choice.

AW
snow report
oh btw. the ones that I had before were simply a 'quick fix' printed at home and not really durable at all.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin, somewhere arround I have some artwork I played with ages ago I shall send it over

Yes vinyl stickers are expensive, that's why I suggested the embroidery route as it seems much better value for money as well as longer lasting
ski holidays
I'm sourcing some vinyl stickers at the mo. for a client, I'll let you know the best price I can get
ski holidays
By the way see David Goldsmiths latest post concerning profitable ski clothing, after that I definately thing the Snowheads clothing line would offer a lot of potential
ski holidays
As a snowboarder, can I just say that the idea of clothes designed by a committee of skiers . . . just . . . well . . . offensive.
And as for your habit of clamping your cojones in clinging gortex . . . uuugh! all that heat, all those dead little wriglers! Come on guys, we need room to waggle and keep things fresh.
snow report
Masque, I'm sure we'd remember to make the *rse waterproof, so you can sit in the middle of piste just over the brow of a hill.
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Come on guys, we need room to waggle and keep things fresh.

David@traxvax, make sure you remember to make the arm & leg holes XXXL so Masque can get the cast(s) in. Hmm. I'd suggest 4-limb zip-away, but that pre-supposes a functional opposite limb.
ski holidays
comprex, maybe extra long zip pulls so he can use his teath ?
ski holidays
May have to print some special stickers for Masque and his buddies?
Could I suggest:

"Stack no more than 3 high"--for the benefit of the blood wagons as they collect his mates from various parts of the hill.

"This way up"--as a personal reminder, as most plankers rarely have any idea of direction.

"If found,Tel *******"--this at least would give them 1/2 a chance of finding their hotel room again Wink
snow report
Can't you just feel the love here . . . Cynical . . . moi?
snow conditions
Smiley of the Century. Brilliant.

Who needs stickers with smileys like this?
ski holidays
I liked the notice I saw on a shopping trolley:

"If you find me, I might be lost"
snow report
Car Bumper Stickers .....

Get your own back. Live long enough to be a problem to your kids.
Preserve Wildlife - Pickle a Traffic Warden.
Jesus Saves - But he couldn't do it on my salary.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy