Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Dry Slope Near Frimley

Poster: A snowHead
Visiting my sis in Frimley just after Xmas and need to feed my dendix habit. Where would snowheads suggest? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ickabodblue, you have a choice of two: Aldershot (my slope, to answer your question from the other thread) and Bracknell. Aldershot is Dendix, mostly OK, but a few very thin patches need watching for. Bracknell is now all Permasnow. From what I hear from their club, the surface on the main slope is now in a pretty poor state and in the process of being renewed, but the learners' slope is in reasonable nick. I've only been there once myself (June last year) as personally I hate the surface (it's worse than Snowflex), but the freestylers like it. A bit further afield you've got a shorter slope at Sandown Park, but I've never been there (it's too short to hold races).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aldershot is good. I went there in the week- first time on a slope in years. Found the staff helpful and friendly. The 3 slopes are ok, but a lilttle featureless. A mogul section, for example, would have been nice. If your sister would like a bit of tuition, they have loads of different things on. The one that I liked was the daytime sessions with an instructor- £13.30 for 2 hours practice with an instructor to hand and refreshments included after.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to all. Aldershot it will be! I've never tried permasnow but I'm not keen on snowflex and I definately ain't no freestyler. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GrahamN, you missed the dendix slope in Guildford
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dunk, of course...profuse apologies. Is it long enough to need two bristles, or just the one? Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If lessons you want Aldershot. Bracknell told my brother he would never be able to ski.
Some very nice lady at Aldershot sorted him out.

Bracknell hasnt got a sprinkler system. DONT go on a dry day.

Tux
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tuxpoo, Wasn't really thinking of lessons for me but thought I might get some tuition for the kids. I guess I'll have to book quite soon 'cos I suppose it will be busy during the hols.
My neice went to Bracknell and loved it but then they assessed her as ready to start race training and I wouldn't have put her anywhere near there. That and the fact it is permasnow has kinda put me off, though I've never skied on permasnow so I shouldn't dismiss it...... but I will. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ickabodblue, One of my struggling clients last year was assessed as doing competent snowplough turns at Bracknel - well - disaster - I took them at their word! Sad Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, Slightly off thread but what is the point of them doing that? It gets me really annoyed. Do they think that because they say you've reached level 102 that you have? Mad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GrahamN, good for beginners or early intermediates and great for practising shot swings, it's amazing how many turns you can do on a 30 m slope!
Once you have perfected forwards then you try backwards short swings Very Happy In my case fitness permitting wink
I will count the bristles on Sunday as it will be my first venture on plastic since Aldershot in the summer, new boots, new skis could be fun. Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ickabodblue, I don't think I should go into the nature of the problem on here. The unfortunate person ended up doing a racing snowplough down the first part of the glacier from which I had to rescue them. I made the mistake of believing that they would not 'sign off' someone who couldn't actually do what they said. Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, Good job he was with you. Just think what might have happened if he'd decided to ski with friends instead of getting lessons. I'm off to local dry slope now where no2 son will do level 4 for the third time which I am very happy about!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, would it not be possible that if they went on a dry day and had unserviced skis, that they could snowplough on plastic but struggle on the slippier, faster snow? I know that for me on a snowboard, things were very different on real snow to the dendix/snowflex.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just got back from Bracknell as the kids needed a skiing fix- If it was me I'd have walked away. The slope is an absolute disgrace. Half of it is missing and the other half is bare and the edges of individual segments are curling up ready to trip you up! DO NOT go there. It would have upset my children too much if I had stormed out but I can't believe they can charge money for this. The whole place is a tip. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Elizabeth B, No - he was actually taught to snowplough incorrectly and in consequence the turn didn't happen. Shocked Shocked

ickabodblue, Too true
latest report
steve, that matches pretty much what I've been told too, but i didn't want to go any stronger than I did in my earlier post as I've not actually seen it for myself. Sorry you had a bad time. Aldershot next time? They have actually been replacing some matting this autumn - just try not to use your edges too much on the runouts, which is where the slightly bare bits are.
snow report
steve, Wow, 11 years ago living near Heathrow my preferred slopes were Hillingdon and Bracknell, Hillingdon is long gone and cant believe the state Bracknell now appears to be in. The slope was always in good repair back then but it was dendex.
snow conditions
GrahamN, We live near Basingstoke so Aldershot is equidistant-ish, may well try it next time. I certainly won't be forking out another £40 for that experience at Bracknell!
snow report
I went down bracknell last night, quite early before the freestyle started. I couldnt even stand on the big slope (snowboard) there is no bristles left halfway up, just sheet plastic. Atrocious.

I stuck to the smaller slope until the lessons got in the way as that has been resurfaced. They are resurfacing the main slope but at about a 6x6 sheet of carpet a week.

I think for £16 this was absolute rip off. I am going to complain! Mad

tux
snow conditions
I would. I thought the one at Aldershot was showing some signs of wear, but nothing like you experienced at Bracknell.

Personally, I went there once, about 12 years ago and hated it. It was in good nick then, but it just had no atmosphere. I really liked Hillingdon- gutted to hear about the fire. Aldershot is a fairly close second to it though.

Value is better too, Tux. Is £12 for 2 hours and they have sessions on Monday and Wednesday daytimes, where they offer 2 hours of skiing with tuition (group) and tea and biscuits for £13.30. Bit better than £16 to slide down a sheet of plastic huh!!
snow report
I would. I thought the one at Aldershot was showing some signs of wear, but nothing like you experienced at Bracknell.

Personally, I went there once, about 12 years ago and hated it. It was in good nick then, but it just had no atmosphere. I really liked Hillingdon- gutted to hear about the fire. Aldershot is a fairly close second to it though.

Value is better too, Tux. Is £12 for 2 hours and they have sessions on Monday and Wednesday daytimes, where they offer 2 hours of skiing with tuition (group) and tea and biscuits for £13.30. Bit better than £16 to slide down a sheet of plastic huh!!
snow report
GrahamN, I went to Aldershot a few weeks ago as I refuse to go to Bracknell now - I didn't have any complaints about Aldershot - but went to look at Bracknell on my way to a meeting in Wokingham last Monday. They are resurfacing the main slope, and seems to be a very slow process - I believe they can only do it as new matting arrives. They are unable to say when it will be fully operational at present. I decided against taking a photo as feel it would be courteous to ask permission - which I wasn't sure would be forthcoming. I won't be trying the main slope until the resurfacing is finished - I think they said they can use the bottom quarter for tubes but I think otherwise its the nursery/middle slopes only - and I couldn't see the state of those very well. There is matting lying everywhere and it certainly looks like a work in progress now. meanwhile I will be back at Hemel I hope Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy