Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Don't do anything silly and knacker your knees for the coming season.......

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks, trying to get some physio through doctor, everything is so slow, still can't move neck as far as it should go a few weeks on, bf is frustrated!!

I have tried doctor eeyores advice on painkillers and am finding Guinness better than the cheaper stuff from the chemists, like paracetamol and ibuprofen though I'm not sure I'll get away with it at work

Megamum hope you're recovering ok, better keep of the dance floor a bit
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, OMG - I haven't picked sloes this year!!! And the demijohn is almost dry - wonder if I can just top it up with more gin rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum wrote:
Nik, That slipped in without me noticing -

Nice chat-up line....Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, If your knee is a bit twingy at the end of the day, when you sit down, make sure you put your leg up & put ice on your knee. A pack of frozen peas is good, as it moulds round the knee. I found ice packs invaluable for my knee injury a year or so ago & I still put ice on if I've overdone things.

Hope it recovers soon wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
seems Ive arrived a little late to this thread but to confirm the seriousness of this injurie, we the reader must know to exactley which record/ dance track did you first notice the pain and indeed had you noticed any sighs of pain on your daughters face before this accident occured? Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shorty, It was the rather fast line dancing number that has the 5,6,7,8, bit in it, by Steps. My daughter was encouraging me at the time - they learn the steps at school country dancing class - she is still too young to be embarassed by me and I still occupy the top echalon (sp?) with her (at least for a little bit longer Toofy Grin ). Oh, and NO! I'm NOT posting the video footage that DH took on his mobile phone!

Update: I tried the exercise machine tonight - I took it easy, but got no twinges - has to be good news
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum wrote:
Oh, and NO! I'm NOT posting the video footage that DH took on his mobile phone!

Update: I tried the exercise machine tonight - I took it easy, but got no twinges - has to be good news

1) I think you ought to - purely clinical reasons, of course.

2) Pleased to hear it Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did a good one a month ago:
Was hopping over a low wall from a slight incline in a communal garden to the street, launched in usual manner (This is a short cut I take almost daily.) right foot lands on wall but slips due to earlier rain and old shoes with less tread than before glides across wall although due to inate balance I remain upright and break the fall with my left shin resulting in a 5cm split over the bone and a bizarre bursting of the skin a little to the left of impact from which quite a lot of blod decides to pour. bug. I limp back to my doctor friend who looks upon the wound gravely and says "You've done that in the worst possible place for healing quickly" double bug as I realise it is in exactly the place my power band on my boots does up! Still healing nicely now, just a case of not picking the oh-so-tempting scabs!
Should be healed in time for the season (fingers crossed.) snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
keep fingers crossed it makes picking scabs harder
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agreed, I can't reach that far down with my teeth Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kaiser, Don't pick it. I did much the same thing many years ago after ...eh, skiing into a tree Embarassed
It was a b*gg*r to heal, took ages, wasn't till they threatened a skin graft that it finally healed up. NObody is taking a cheese slice to my butt!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ouch! I was a little worried about that as they had a job stitching it up due to the skin being so thin and tearing. It is on the mend though and at least it's not on a joint so no inadvertant opening of the wound.

For some reason everyone is teling me to "take care" whenever I leave them or end a phone call (I fell over drunk the day after the leg incident and opened my eyebrow rather well - didn't have the guts to show myself in hospital again though so no stitches and a big scar! - apparently I look "hard" now!) Iam actually taking notice of this "care" instruction though and am terrified of doing anything remotely risky before I get the chance to let rip on the slopes!

I must be getting old! Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kaiser, Getting old! good grief no, it's just pent up enegy while you wait for the snow. Take care Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kaiser, I don't know how the medics here will feel about this suggestion, but when I was a teenager my face (mainly nose) had an argument with the road due to a bike accident (I have posted the full story elsewhere). My school nurse at the time advised my mum to ensure that kept the scabs moist with vaseline. This stopped a lot of the itching and resulted in the scab just falling off one day leaving no scarring whatsoever. It might be worth trying.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Interesting idea... (Strokes chin thoughtfully.) But I shall accept the facial disfiguration as the just rewards for too much happy-sauce and not enough looking where I was going, anyway I think I should skip putting vaseline down my trousers Shock
snow report
Kaiser wrote:
as I realise it is in exactly the place my power band on my boots does up

Megamum wrote:
that kept the scabs moist with vaseline.

Kaiser wrote:
I think I should skip putting vaseline down my trousers Shock

Um, exactly how long are your boots?? Mind boggles!
snow conditions
I think I was referring to the possibility of getting carried away!
ski holidays
Kaiser, Surely not!! Surely Fenland Mountain Rescue Team members are masters of self-control!
ski holidays
Not always when it comes to a mass debate! (Think we might have gone a little off thread here - although I suppose self abuse and self destruction may be related Puzzled )
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy