Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno Snow 2007/ 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks Hannah. Never really thought of it that way. I've just been thinking it's great because when we went to Pamporovo last year the snow was very scarce. But when I think about it your definitely right.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sorry feel as if i have put a dampener on it for you Sad the snow is pretty amazing when it comes but safety first and all that....mind you they have had major snow last week and as you said this week more is due so maybe that is going to open up to blue sunny skies and lots of snow to ski on for the coming weeks.....hoping to get out there shortly ourselves but it will be a last minute rush due to work.....we were there the first week of december though and it was pretty good then.....have never had a bad week there yet in the last 5 years of going so fingers tightly crossed
hannah
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How bad does it have to be before they close the lifts/slopes? Would it only be if there is heavy snow/high winds?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
we have only ever been caught up in it once and it was very windy and really heavy snow. we were just going up on trepalle chairlift when it came in really quick. luckily we only had to ski down to the restaurant. they did stop the chairlifts once everyone was off but the gondola was still going to get people down. i have never seen them close the gondolas only the chairlifts and only in extreme weather that anyone would be really daft to ski in
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not at all Hannah34!! Don't think anything could dampen my enthusiasm at the minute!! Have you been speaking to your friends who are currently in Livigno recently about what the conditions are like? Many thanks in advance.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just been looking at various webcams. Looks like it's snowing heavily today again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes we spoke to them on saturday hence the reason we found out about the 2 lads and the avalanche.....conditions are pretty good when its not snowing and blowing apparently....its the most snow livvy has had for a while...not long now smickers....hopefully will be there ourselves again shortly
hannah
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok so it is lookin good for next wk. Sunny Sunday and monday more snow on tues/wed. Hannah do you just book last minute and who do you normally book through. Quite fancy another week after easter!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we always do a diy....we have a motorhome that we use on occasions if we go for more than a week. i fly out to friedrichsafen, zurich or basle midweek with the kids and hubby picks us up en route in the motorhome and we drive in, park up and ski.....stay for a couple of weeks then a midweek flight back for us...very cheap way of doing it. especially with midweek penny flights with ryanair and no luggage to carry.

this time we will only be going for a week due to work so the plan is as follows....

set dates and personally mail apartments in the resort found through the aptlivgno website or from previous bookings, we have never struggled to get an apartment whatever time of year and have never paid over the odds either. hubby leaves home on the thursday evening loaded with all the luggage and drives to kent. gets on eurotunnel free with vouchers from tesco...drives through france staying at a formule1 somewhere on route. fills up with diesel in luxembourg.
we fly out late friday night after school and hubby meets us wherever we land. we all stay in a formule1 or ibis overnight. drive into livvy very early saturday morning avoiding the traffic.....have a week skiing with the convenience of a car......fill up with diesel before we leave.....drive back to whichever airport and fly back late saturday night....we sometimes fly in with easyjet to one airport and flyback with ryanair from another depends on cost. i always fly back to the uk to the same airport though due to car collection for me.
we have done a couple of easters in livvy and the snow has been fine over the last few years it just gets a little slushy in the afternoon. with the snow they have had this year and easter being so early it should be pretty good.
any more info let me know
hannah
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
webcams look gorgeous today and hardly any snow forecast for the next 6 days Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yea I have a webcam from livigno.cx on my laptop and its been sunny from early this morn. Getting excited now! Would'nt mind a wee fall of snow in the middle of next week just to freshen things up! Do you know where the nearest ski hire shop is to l'ables apartments in san Rocco Hanna?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Do you know where the nearest ski hire shop is to l'ables apartments in san Rocco Hanna?

We were in l'Ables last year and there is a Ski Hire shop behind a building which is 2 buildings down from l'Ables so you don't have far to go.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mad.....there is lots around at that end of the town so you won't struggle to find them close by and they are all pretty much of a muchness and same on price
hannah
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smickers, I was in pamporovo last year and the snow was very poor and I am going to livigno this week as well. You never know we might meet up for a few pints. Looking forward to the holiday and hope that we get a chance to give it big licks
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hurrah finally got time off work....we are off from the 2nd - 9th feb......mad rush now to get flights and apartment booked....there is still lots of availability......30cm of snow forecast for this saturday night by the way
hannah Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

30cm of snow forecast for this saturday night by the way

Suits well for those of us arriving on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Got home today, great holiday, snow was excellent. About 3-4 inches fell midweek and kept everything in shape nicely Smile

I'll put up some pictures when i get the chance
latest report
element,

Excellent. Welcome back to wet n warm Ulster Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Now in resort. Didn't get up top today as it was too windy.
Just finished a great feed in the Bellavista restaurant.
snow report
just come off the phone to camper friends who said it was very windy and had blown some snow around.....have fun....hope its better tomorrow for you.
ski holidays
MhicEasmuint,

What did you do all day man!!!!
ski holidays
We skied around the bottom beginners area and helped the 12 beginners in the group. 3 of them gettin on well, at to top on the reds today including the 8 year old who is flying.
Got good days skiing in today.
Going to the Tea Bork tonight, should be good craic.
One of lads lost wallet on slopes yesterday with 800 euro in it.
It was handed in, someone had skied over it on the off piste bit and it stuck to there ski so that was fortunate.
So far so good.
ski holidays
Element didn't mention our wee trip up the Carosello 3000. By the time we had got to the middle lift-station, the snow was falling horizontally, hence the assertive "Get Out" sign. Wisely, we got out. Perhaps unwisely, we decided to take the chairlift to about 3/4 up the mountain. Bit scary that, the lift operator at the top was genuinely shocked to see us, gloves frozen solid and ice forming on our helmets.

Still, it was pretty good fun, though not ideal, hard to see any bumps or patches of ice, hence the falling. Hard to see anything whatsoever for that matter.
snow conditions
MhicEasmuint, that was very fortunate about the wallet, your mate should buy a lottery ticket soon!
snow report
Yeah, and another one of the lads lost hjis in a taxi but was fortunate enough to get it back as well.
Lucky enough on that front!
Great weather for skiing, clear skies, there was a dusting of fresh snow last night!
snow report
Only 2.5 weeks to go.

Anyone out there right now?
snow report
L 80cm

U 151cm

Seems to be spot on average for the time of year.
latest report
Heading out on 22nd March. Hopefully snow will be good. Getting exited. Goggles and ski pants arrived n post today and hubbys snowboard nag arrived yesterday.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One thing I forgot to mention in my initial post, be wary of people displaying the "Man-gina" in Marco's Pub.

Overweight men in their 40s should not do this. Under any circumstances.
snow report
just got back from another fabulous week....had one day of snow on monday but visibility still good so able to ski....woke up tuesday to powder as it snowed all thru the night.....had incredible glorious sunshine for the rest of the week....couldn't have been better....
hannah
latest report
Only 8 sleeps now. Damn high pressure. Good for spreading slurry/ bad for snow!!!
snow report
johnboy, got a friend going on Saturday, shall try and get some info off him.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

Cheers Very Happy
snow report
We are heading to Bormio on 28th Feb, how long would take to travel to Livigno from Bormio. Any idea?
ski holidays
only about an hour....its just under 40km.....probably alot less on a week day and also less chance of getting stopped at customs with all your cheap alcohol!!!!!
snow report
forgot to say it also depends on road conditions....it really isn't that far but if your doing it with snow chains on it can take a while
snow conditions
I'm in Livigno from the 23rd Feb with a mate of mine.

Anyone know how the snow is holding up out there? From the forecasts its looking worse the closer it gets to next Saturday.

We're staying in Casa Bastiana if anyone has heard of it or stayed there?
snow report
Garfie,

Welcome to snowheads. I am in Livigno the same week. No snow on the horison, but not worried as they have plenty of snow at the moment. Alot can happen in a week anyway.
snow conditions
Hi, going out on the first of March and am a little worried as it hasn't snowed for a few weeks, could anyone who is going out the week before let us know how conditions are? Thankyou! Very Happy
latest report
joe90,

I am there the week before. Don't worry, the snow will be fine. Welcome to Snowheads.

3.5 sleeps Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy