Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno Snow 2007/ 2008

Poster: A snowHead
johnboy, my mate has just texted, says a few bare patches but even if it doesnt snow before you go it will still be great. He says get the yellow and red buses, the blue ones are slow for skiers Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know how reliable this is but its showing some snow for next week Madeye-Smiley

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=51
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, must be the colour, I got the blue one thinking it went round in a loop, it took me halfway to Milan before it turned around Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

johnboy, my mate has just texted, says a few bare patches

Hopefully that doesn't mean bare as in no snow at all. I thought they had good cover all over with 67cm bottom, 140cm top. Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Garfie, He did say that the overall conditions were excellent.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

He did say that the overall conditions were excellent.

Let's hope so!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman,

Cheers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't wait - sure it'll be grand as long as the sun is out, there's wine available and there's enough snow to get around the mountain.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mrs johnboy, johnboy, My mate says the Federia area is great between 9-10 and 4-5.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, sure leaves some time for a leisurely lunch Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy, says SCORCHIO!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
7-day forcasts are notoriously unpredictable, but J2Ski site is showing 38cms in total for the next week down to resort level. Fingers crossed Madeye-Smiley as 2.5 weeks to go and a freshen up is always nice
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hoping there is snow for easter as we go in 3 weeks on sat Razz
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gillipepper, will try to leave you some, as will be there the week beforehand Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mark Hunter wrote:
7-day forcasts are notoriously unpredictable, but J2Ski site is showing 38cms in total for the next week down to resort level. Fingers crossed Madeye-Smiley as 2.5 weeks to go and a freshen up is always nice

Well I'm quite happy of the forecast continues to go in thgis direction - now saying 47cms by next Thursday Cool
snow report
And now showing 76cms for coming week. Nice Very Happy

Though to be fair, another site predicts considerably less. Personal experience has found the data on J2Skis to be reasonably accurate, so here's hoping!
snow conditions
Just back. Hot and sunny all week. Upto 12 degrees in the village Shocked Only slight frost at night.

Pistes still in excellent condition though. Only slightly heavy on South facing slopes in the afternoon. T- Shirt skiing though!!!

12 hours from Livigno to Coleraine. I am knackered.
ski holidays
6 sleeps to go.. Madeye-Smiley
Group of 14 of us out there on the 8th, cannot wait. Forecast looks perfect..

Anyone here tried the day out on skidoos? Any good?

Any other top tips appreciated.. Only two of the group been to Livigno before, and I don't want to just do what they know.

Top site BTW Smile
snow report
banzai,

Welcome to snowheads. Where are you staying?

Ski Carasello in the morning, then Mottilino in the afternoon. The taxis are only 6 euro to anywhere in the village and they carry skis, so well worth getting one back from the Mottilono side in the evening. There is a taxi rank beside the Gondola. Although there is a free bus, but it can be crowded.

The Apes Bar at the bottom of Carasello is excellent Very Happy
latest report
If possible book the night organised by the reps in the Tea Bork, deadly nights craic.

http://youtube.com/v/NV_5V5VXi4g

The is a natural half pipe on the Mottolino side which is good craic.
snow conditions
MhicEasmuint,

How did you get down from Tea Bork? Down the black on yer back bottom? Laughing
snow report
Awh this was at night, we got a lift up in skidoo's and then we had to walk down, but they didn't take us down the black.
We skied down it during the day after a few stops at the Tea Bork, there was quite a few on there backsides. lol.
ski holidays
banzai,

Forgot to mention the sledging if your rep can organise it. Think it was at lift 17 at 5.00pm. Only 10 euro, lasts an hour, great craic.
ski holidays
Cheers guys.
Most of us staying right at the bottom of the Carosello, Hotel Sporting - cheap deal on half board and flights to Innsbruck - others in an apartment right in the centre, name escapes me right now.
Quote:

The Apes Bar at the bottom of Carasello is excellent

Given hotel location - superb.

Tea Bork looks interesting, may have to take the young single female group contingent there! Twisted Evil Little Angel
snow conditions
banzai,

Tea Bork is just above where you are staying overlooking the Gondola Station
ski holidays
Well that forecast has certainly been revised down (surprise surprise) 38cms predicted over the next week with 16cms due on Tuesday/Wednesday.

johnboy, welcome back - sounds like you had a great time. You don't happen to know if the Italians have a version of the French Carte Neige by any chance?
snow report
17 cms predicted for today (Tuesday) and tomorrow, so that looks to be holding up.

Mind you, temps expected to reach a max -12 to -7 degrees C

Beyond, the next 7 days suggest a further 41 cms.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 4-03-08 9:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Apparently 20cms fell on the 1st March Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone seen the long range forcast. GOing in 17 days (22nd MArch) . Hoping for lots of snow Razz
ski holidays
Quote:

Anyone here tried the day out on skidoos? Any good?

I got back last Saturday after a very long 16 and a half hours to get back thanks to delays at Gatwick affecting our return flight.

Weather was great, hot and sunny every day but on the Friday the weather began changing to the snow thats there this week.

We tried the skidoos as organised through Directski. They charged us €35 each for 2 of us to share a skidoo for 40 mins (20 mins each). It was great fun and must be done. Although I do recommend booking it yourself at the little hut by the lake at the far end of the town (North end). There you can get 15 mins on your own skidoo for €25 or 30mins on your own skidoo for €40. If you take the blue route bus it stops right outside the hut. Just turn up and pay for it, don't go through the tour operator.

Bum-boarding (like toboganing) was great fun as long as you are with Panorama or Airtours. They use the slope under lift 17 and let you use the chairlift to get back up the slope on. We did it with them a few years ago and it was great fun and you did about 20 runs. This year we were with Directski who DON'T have access to a lift, they made us walk up the slope to then slide down on the bum-boards. Trust me this is very knackering! I managed 3 runs before I was totally out of energy. Directski also joins with the Irish tour operator (cant remember their name) to do this so if you are with them or Directski then be warned!!

The Directski/Irish tour operator also ran a Pub crawl on the first night. Although this great fun it was a bit of a con. For €10/12 (cant remember which) they walk you round 4 pubs and supply a shot in each when you leave (I swear some shots were fruit juice! Sad ) You have to buy your own drinks at each pub though. At the last pub (Gallis) they literally cram you in a taxi to take you to the nightclub 'Kokodi's' where you get free entry (worth €5 if you state your tour operator). Be warned though, the drinks in Kokodi's are much the same price as the rest of Livigno until 01:30, after that they start at €7 a drink!
Thursday night in Kokodi's is Spicy Night. The flyer says 'sexy night all night' but thats a load of speal just to get you in. We got in at 10pm and found the strippers (3 girls and 1 bloke) didnt come out till 01:00!! As above, state you are with a tour operator to get in for €5 instead of €8 and buy all your drinks vouchers for the night, before 01:30! Oh they also con another €2 out of you to look after your coat for you which is not optional! Saying that though, Kokodi's is a good club and worth a visit.

Tea Borg is also a great night, have done it in the past but gave it a miss this time due to cost. Directski also offered Husky Dog sledging which looked great fun but we also gave this a miss due to the cost.

For those of you going to Livigno, please bear the above in mind. Have a great time though, I know you will. Hence why this was my 3rd time in Livigno! Smile
ski holidays
gillipepper, one site suggests 62 cms between now and next Thursday, though their prediction for Tuesday/Wednesday this week doesn't seem to have come to fruition Crying or Very sad
snow report
FIngers crossed that they get it right 62cms would be brill. Really getting excited 14 days to go Very Happy
ski holidays
Slopes now looking nicely freshened up and most sites I've looked at suggest between 12 - 19 cms on Sunday with snow down to 1800. Which sounds bloody perfect as I'm off tomorrow!! Wooooohhhoooooo Cool snowHead
snow report
hubby is off out next weekend with mates so let us know how you get on mark and have a great time!
snow report
Hi hannah34, thanks and will do! Might even see if I can get myself up to speed with the BlackBerry and send in some "on the spot" reports!
snow conditions
Hi

Looking forward to going in 7 days. On count down.

Hopefully the snow will still be there wink
ski holidays
Just testing the BB out:-)
ski holidays
Well that all seems to work - other than the smiley rolling eyes

A bit slow, but not horrendously so.

gillipepper, the next 7 days looks as though Livigno could see some really decent snow. All the reports now suggest the conditions are "excellent" Cool Off to the airport in 11 hours.....wooooohooooo snowHead
ski holidays
Mark Hunter,

Enjoy Very Happy
snow report
Conditions still fantastic out there - just back last night (2.5hr transfer from Innsbruck, 7hrs back - doh. Bergamo flights next time).

Lots of snow there during the week, great powder skiing for three days, other three gorgeous bright sunny. Perfect, but for a bit of a draught up top some days.
Bit icy on a couple of runs down to chair 1, our boarders playing skittles with skiers a few times Laughing

Great resort, great people (Hotel Sporting, Inghams), great skiing, great laugh.
Cheers for everyone's tips, all came in handy.

Gutted we didn't book a fortnight. Crying or Very sad

gillipepper, enjoy. I'm not jealous at all, honest!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy