Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno Snow 2007/ 2008

Poster: A snowHead
They've had the cannons going all week and looks like its been snowing today Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.skipasslivigno.com/en/meteo/web_cam.php
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Livigno.0to3bot.shtml
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still dumpin snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had quite a bit of snow and forecast more over the next week - all the cross country piostes have been bashed in the town centre - looks like all the lifts will be opening on time for last weekend in November! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JacquieCC,

Welcome to Snowheads. I'm heading out at the end of February.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Johnboy - looks like we will have a long winter! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JacquieCC, welcome to snowHeads snowHead , it's nice to have a snowHead en-residence in Italy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro,

Agreed, we need more reporters from that part of the world
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi folks! I'm new to snowheads so go easy on me!!! Heading to Livigno in January. Can anyone give me any general info re Livigno. Many thanks in advance.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMICKERS, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

all I know ......its in Italy......hope that helps Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMICKERS,
What date you going in January?
28 of us going on the 26th.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi,
for those of you who are not too sure where Livigno is or what it is like - I will be biased as I have lived here for so long. However it is one of the highest ski resorts in Europe with the village at 1864m - we all have very good lungs here! Last winter it was one of the only resorts to have snow all winter from first snowfall on the 8th Dec through to the last lifts shutting on the 1st May - snow wasn't brilliant but we were very lucky to have got away with it when lots of places had green grass and football tournaments! Despite Livigno's height and obvious attraction for those looking for sure snow it was once the sort of palce where the apres ski was more important than the skiing - it has in the last 5/6 years, with the decline of the Tour operators coming here, upgraded the quality of accommodation and services greatly and has one of the best snowparks in Europe, 115 kms of downhill skiing or with the pass which covers Bormio and St.Caterina 225kms of skiing, 40kms of cross country pistes and is one of Italy's largest cross country centres. The layout of the village is strange in that despite the height it is a long flat valley - the village being 14kms long. Hence it is a great family resort too with no sliding down steep slopes to go to/from the bar, no whinging kids that don't want to walk up the hill to the apartment (and I have 4 so I know what that is like). Brilliant resort for handicapped skiers due to the flatness and the mobility in wheelchair bound clients. It is a very unspoilt village - no high rise apartment blocks, no ultra modern buildings - very few apartemtns where they put 10 people on 5 lots of bunk beds - quality of accommodation is really good. Night life is good and it is also - last but not least - a duty free shopping area. I basically think you should all come - forget France - Italy is the place to go - good food, freindly people, decent weather and it is loads cheaper than France, Switzerland or Austria. Up to the 22/12 and from 05/04 there are offers on accommodation + skipass and basically you can go into luxury apartments - 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for 4 people including skipass for €50 pppn or a standard apartment 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom for 4 people including skipass € 26pppn. I have one of many companies that organise incoming tourists and the best thing to do is just surf the web and see what suits you best and you can get some really good deals without waiting for last minutes always make sure you check the prices that the different companies give you - that they are the same as if you went direct. Smile

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 12-11-07 18:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JacquieCC,

That just about sums it up. I was last in Livigno in 2003 and had a fantastic holiday.

SMICKERS,

Where abouts in Norn Iron are you from? I am from Portrush.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was Livigno in March past and going in January again. Another good thing I found about it was the ease to get about it in the evening/night. Being 14km long you wouldn't fancy a long walk in that at night. They have a great taxi service, most bars/apartments had a Walkie Talkie typoe thing in contact with them, but I saved the number in my mobile, and late at night you just rung and there was a taxi there in a few minutes.
ski holidays
MhicEasmuint,

Last time I was there it was 6 euro for a taxi anywhere in the village.
snow conditions
johnboy,
Yeah I think that was maybe it if you were in it on your own, but there was usually more of us and we only paid €2 each.
ski holidays
MhicEasmuint,

Pretty good and despite the length of the village it was really easy to get about.
snow report
Yeah very easy got about, we were staying at one end in the L'Ables apartments and next year staying at the other end in the Nevegalls.
Unfortunately a member of our group had to make use of the medical centre at one end of the village.
latest report
Folks many, many thanks for all your advice and help. It is greatly appreciated.

Johnboy, I'm from Crossgar in County Down.

MhicEasmuint 8 of us going on the 19th.

Were staying in the Marco Galli apartments above the bank. Anybody know or heard anything about them?

Again, many thanks in advance.
ski holidays
Hi all,
can't keep up with you lot - I tend to log off when I have sent a reply then up pops an email saying someone else has posted so out of curiosity I go back on!
Anyway, for his sins, my husband is the president of the taxi consortium here in Livigno - taxis cost a minimum of € 6 for up to 3 people and then € 2 for every extra person - so if there ar 3 or more of you it is € 2 per person.
Sunny but cold today - when I took my son to school at 08.00 it was -20°C on the Marcos' pub clock/temp guage.
Marco Galli has many apartments but if they are bove the bank they must be close to the church - not sure what they are like but generally the San Rocco area is where all the main tour operators go so not many of these apartments have been refurbished and despite the fatc that they are close to Marco's which is a great nightspot people generally find they can get a much better deal in much better apartments staying away from that area.
I will give you this pricing and let me know if it is better or worse than you have paid - these are the prices you would pay direct.
This is based on a 4 bed apartment with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom- 4 people - kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, oven, kettle, washing machine, Sat TV
Apt 19/01 for 7 days - 530 Euros or € 132,50 each
Ski pass for 6 days - €144
Ski and boot hire + shop insurance: € 69,30
Ski school - 12 hours per week - centre of town - € 90

Transfer on Airport shuttle from Bergamo at 11.30 or 21.30 on Sat € 60 return

TOTAL - €495,80 or £ 352 per person for transfer, accommodation, skipass, ski school, ski hire

Am interested to know what people pay going via a tour operator - however take into account the difference in quality of apartments.
ski holidays
hi jackie -

any idea when the resort is opening. might try to sneak an early season one in. snowHead
latest report
JacquieCC, oly english?
snow conditions
The resort is opening on the last saturday in November but some of the smaller pistes won't be open if there are not lots of peeps around - they will all be open from 8th Dec as there is a big Milan holiday that weekend and the place is really buzzing for 4 days.
You can know off about €100 pp on the prices above for the same stuff.
snow report
JacquieCC,

We paid £316.00 for H/B in San Giovanni 23/2/08 (incl flights from Belfast and transfers from Bergammo with Panorama).
ski holidays
JacquieCC many thanks for all your information.

8 of us are travelling out on 19th from Belfast for 1 week. The total cost for the entire package was £470 (Sterling). Accommodation, flights, transfers, ski school, ski pass, boots and skis.

Hope this helps.
snow report
JacquieCC could you possibly tell me how much food, beer, wine approximately is in Livigno? Many thanks.
snow report
Hi Smickers,
Pizza and drink €10-€15 - if you shop in Livigno and eat in - the fruit and veg is really expensive whereas meat - all good quality as in a duty free resort it is a good seller, booze in general -is very cheap - there are lots of good reastaurants around the Marco's pub area where I presume you are staying - the Cenacolo, the Valtellina, the San Giovanni hotel is said to be good but I have never been in it (although the owner is my husbands cousin - never met him though as half the village are 'cousins'), Oblò is anothger good restaurnat and is handy for the disco Kokodì afterwards. One note about the disco - this will now shut at 02.00 as it is now illegal in Italy to sell alcohol after 02.00 unless on special license as in New yeras or a wedding. The Hotel Bivio has go t to be the best restaurant in town and also has a really good bar called the Kuhstall underneath (another cousin owns this!), then up near Marco's there is Daphne's bar, the Bellavista restaurant - I could just carry on and on but these are the ones that immediatley come to mind - especially if you are in groups they are not massive but big enough to have a good atmosphere whilst not seeming like a canteen.

Johnboy - for the period you are coming the San Giovanni would cost € 315 for 7 nights H/B or £224 - I presume you have just taken hotel and flight+transfer - hence if you add on the return transfer of €60 you might just make it with a Ryan air flight and have a few Euros to spare. If there are 8 of you you can also get a taxi which works out to €37,50 each way each a bit more expensive but may allow you to get one of those flights that cost €0.01 - I love them!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JacquieCC,

Is it still snowing?

What temp is it?

What is the snow depth on upper/ lower slopes?
snow conditions
Hi Johnboy,
it snowed only about an inch last night, the village has about 40cms of snow and the top has very little as it was windy when it snowed - however we are due more snow next week - also it was -23°C last night and is below-10°C even during the day so they have been making snow all day long and through the night. They don't rellay need to make it in the village but they are to create a more durable base so the runs go down to the village until the last lifts shut on the 1st May - up top they are also making snow but if we are lucky next week we will get winds from the south and that is when it absolutely dumps it.
The cross country tracks are also open and I do believe they are making sow up top to build the snopark so it is open from the 8th Dec. Will keep you all posted on that as I knwo there are lots of boarders out there that might want a cheapie before Xmas,
Smile
snow report
johnboy, You are keen to get the info, you not going for months yet!
snow conditions
Peter Ross,

Gotta get excited about it though Very Happy
latest report
I know what you are saying! Laughing
snow report
I know how you feel guys, I'm out on the 19th too, I cannot wait Toofy Grin
latest report
In the same boat here, any time i see any of the rest of the group skiing is always mentioned!!
ski holidays
Looking lovely on the cam today
snow conditions
It's melting on the costa del sol. Wink
latest report
bh1,

Don't think it is melting as the temps are still well below freezing, however I did notice a brown area appear on the Costa cam. Perhaps they are excavating something?
snow conditions
JacquieCC,

Any more updates?
ski holidays
hubby is out there at the moment and says the skiing is really good i am flying out on wednesday and cant wait.....hope all is well with you jacquie and hopefully will bump into you in the next few days.....i know gary said he was being tailgated the other day by the usual racing taxi drivers so he pulled over to let him passed then realising it was renzo........... possibly rushing home for his tea!!!! take care x
hannah
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy