Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
Not until the end of feb, so I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but keeping track of things is the only thing that keeps me sane through January! It looks pretty good from the web cams, but its always nice to hear from someone on the ground.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 13-01-08 23:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mark2010, well I'm off to Cervinia on Weds, so I'll post a report. I'm sure we'll get over into Switzerland a few times snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
can anyone confirm if the 70cm of snow reported for Zermatt over the weekend is correct and that it is not a typo and should be 7cm, heading out there next saturday.........also predicting another 40cm during the week, if both stats are true then we could be in for a treat?? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, you're right. It was only 70 mm and another 40 mm forecast this week. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tasch station Zermatt New snow
I didn't arrive until Sunday so I didn't actually see it fall but there is a lot of new snow on the mountain. The pistes are in excellent condition without exception. Off piste needs to be treated with real caution though as there is so much new snow: all the unpisted itineraries are closed because of avalanche risk and off the edge of the pistes, you can find yourself sinking into the snow beyond your knees if your skis are off.

However, the link to Cervinia and all the runs around it have been closed this week - one of the lifties said there was 4m of snow up there but he might have been mad (he did have a bit of a look about him )
What I do know is that there were very strong winds up that way (~60kph) while in Zermatt it's been beautifully calm.
Tonight, though, the wind has really picked up down here, gusting and wailing; there's a lot of snow in the air but unfortunately it's all just being whipped off the rooves and trees.
Hopefully it will calm down a bit by morning.

Here's a pic from Sunday of Tasch Station, below Zermatt to give an idea of how deep the new snow was.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thats great to hear! Have never been to Zermatt before, but its been on my resorts to go to list for a long time so am really looking forward to it. To get good snow would really make my whole year so I'm delighted it's building up so well!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://snow.myswitzerland.com/snow_reports/Zermatt%20-%20Matterhorn/res601.html
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Zermatt/3day/mid
http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_846_ens.png
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MS_075460_g05.png
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul the Horse Eats Snow
Wednesday was a flat light day. There were a few inches of new snow up on the hill though, which made a far bigger difference than I expected, particularly off piste. However, avalanche risk is still high. Tragically a 12 yr old boy was killed skiing with his parents on a run that was marked on the maps as an unpisted itinerary, however it wasn't open when they skied it.

Today the sun came out and, for the first time this week, the higher part of the Zermatt domain and the links to Cervinia were open.
Up high, the snow was light and fluffy and actually deep enough to get stuck in upside down, as Paul the Horse found out Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Matterhorn from Zermatt ski slopes
Here's a pic of the Matterhorn looming at the end of the day today.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like your catching it at just the right time am off there myself on the 26th- try and leave some freshies

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 19-01-08 18:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh yeah do you have any news on the Stockhorn area- are they intending to open it on the 20th?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There was a good 3 inches of new snow in the town today and more higher up - sorry, I didn't stop to measure how much Wink but probably about 6 inches up high.
Finaly we made it over to Cervinia but it was sooooo windy, we stopped for lunch (the main lure of the place after all ) and headed straight back over to Zermatt where there really wasn't much wind at all.

At last it's considered to safe to ski some of the marked off piste itineraries which has been the highlight of the day snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Off there tomorrow, conditions look fantastic. Thanks for the update.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got back to the hotel after spending my first day skiing here in Zermatt. Skied the Sunnega area today with a Ski Club Group and conditions were fantastic. After a lot of snow last week, the last I believe on Friday, today we had clear blue skies Smile Snow forecast for Tuesday I believe but there has been enough to last for some time given it's pretty quiet. Unfortunately the PC here in the hotel wont allow me to post photos.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey Colin any sign of the Stockhorn area opening?
snow report
Loads of snow in Zermatt overnight and it's snowed all day, just beginning to ease off. Unfortunately that meant that much was closed today. We skiied Sunnegga area and there was 6 inches plus of powder on the pistes first thing at around 2500 metres Very Happy . The little bits of off piste I did found some bits knee deep. Even more lifts were closing by late morning leaving only the lower bits of Sunnegga open, not sure about Gonegrat but Klein Matterhorn wasn't open at all this morning. As I'd tested my trousers to destruction I came down early to buy a new pair and that job done it's time for an early pint.
paddyman7, I'm told it's normally February before the crevasses have filled up with snow Shocked
snow report
Colin B thanks for the updates. Enjoy the pint(s).
When are you using the Summit ski school, please will you let me know what you thought when you get back?

Why was so much closed and closing, was it just because it was snowing Shocked or were there other weather factors involved.

Edited to tell Colin to ignore the ski school feedback request - spotted your update on the other thread - Thank you.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 22-01-08 16:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
minx, I've posted on the other thread on Summit. Strong wind further up.
snow report
Colin B, nice one buddy. They have the official opening day of stockhorn as the 20th of january on the website sods to that you say and I belive you- local knowledge is probably the only way. Gotta find me one of those when I arrive
snow conditions
Conditions when I left on Sunday were near to perfect, this should set the resort up for a wonderful season. You lucky people !
This was the sixth time I have skiied Zermatt and one of the best . I noticed that the access to the Trftji bumps has gone- so no Moguls. Lots of useful new lifts , however. Managed,at last, to get to the Valtounenche side of Cervinia for the first time ever. I got sandblasted on a horrible draglift on the way back to Zermatt. Thank G-d for the Gandeghutte restaurant !
A new Restaurant on the Findeln piste called the 'Adler Hitta' really was the business , food just as good as the nearby Chez Vrony without the stuffiness ! The woman who runs Chez Vrony was really stuck up !
We went with Ski Total who were just about OK ( tried to cut too many corners on the food and hospitality) and nowhere near as good as Inghams whom I've been with many times before.
The best night spot was, without a doubt was the rebuilt Post. Best place for people watching were Elsie Bar ( allsorts of rich people) and the Mont Cervin Palace (rich vulgar Russians !)
Zermatt despite the changes still retains its Magic- my favourite ski resort on the planet.
Cheers,
Charlie.
ski holidays
A great sunny day today although it was windy up high and I dont know whether the Cervinia link opened at all today. Skied with the Ski Club today and got a lot of miles in spread over all 3 areas.
snow report
Another beautiful, sunny day here in Zermatt I skied much of the day over in Cervinia where the pistes are in great condition but getting a little slushy lower down in the strong sun. Little wind also so all the lifts open today unlike the last couple of days. Forecast for tomorrow. my last day Sad , is more of the same snowHead
ski holidays
Colin B Have a great last day Sad Very Happy
Thanks for the updates.
snow report
Another sunny day yesterday, I skied a lot on Gornergrat and a little on both Klein Matterhorn and Sunnegga. It's the same today although I haven't skied (leaving very shortly). Still plenty of snow on the pistes after last Tuesday's dump. Anyone on the way here needn't worry about the conditions. Fantastic place btw but bring plenty of money.
snow report
Skied to from Klein Matterhorn via Testa Grigia to Valtournenche on Fri. Snow cover was good till almost the bottom, and even there it was only small patches that needed evasive action. Conditions generally very good all over Zermatt and Cervinia. Today Klein Matterhorn largely shut due to 60km/h winds, but then I was leaving the resort Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Thought I'd give this a bump and see if anyone has any updates. It doesn't seem to have snowed here in a while...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy