Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bergamo airport to St. Moritz/Celerina

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Folks,

The multimap/ mappy websites have this down as a less than 2 hour journey - can anyone tell me if this is right? what sort of road is it, are there any passes that will be closed and/or will i need snowchains

will be travelling mid Feb next year - weighing up options between here, Passo Tonale and Madonna di Campiglio

any advice, experiences or suggestions gladly accepted as always

ta
d
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In winter I reckon this is more like 5 - 6 hours.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've seen quotes of 2.5 hours for the route, but I've no idea if that is a realistic estimate. It's not less than 2 hours. I'd also question the source of the 5/6 hours in the previous post - based on experience or some other evidence? Try contacting companies that would do a transfer from Bergamo to St Moritz and see how long they'd take.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
doogo, see this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=393243
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Going via Lake Como, Chiavenna and the Maloja Pass, which is a fairly good road, in normal conditions it would take about 3hrs I reckon, in a car.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All,
thanks for the input - the link quells the worries about the pass being shut - as always ye guys are a font of useful (and sometime irrelevant but equally interesting!!) information snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doogo, We had a week in Madesimo year before last and had a day out in St Moritz, have also stayed in Madonna too, it is a steady 2.5 hours to the Italian resorts from Bergamo and I would imagine not much more to reach St M. My recollection is that the Swiss roads were superior and easier driving although that maybe related to terrain.

Enjoy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
northantsred, thanks for that - just catching up on the thread now! which one did you prefer - St. Moritz or Madonna? i'll be travelling with 2 second weekers, a sporty 3rd weekers and my wife and I are happy intermediates
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
doogo, We had a day as a tourist in SM so I can't comment on the skiing, although my mate has it down as one of THE places to ski in the whole world...MdC is very pretty but the skiing is not enormous and the town is very quiet. It's millionaires skiing during the week(empty pistes) and fills up with weekenders but nothing more than 15-20 minute queues. SM is definitely a place I am going to visit to ski at some point. Sorry I can't be any real use....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
doogo, it's all your fault. I mentioned this thread to said mate and what's he gone and done? We fly out to Bergamo on 28th Feb! Wife is being very considerate as I have promised to forgo golf trip in April!!!!
We are heading to St Moritz so any advice or ideas on accomodation would be welcome.

Greg
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
northantsred, we're a party of six and i've had trouble getting accom in St. Moritz itself - www.myswitzerland.ch is a very efficient website (i think it is state run!) with lots of accom choices - just seems to be a busy time.... we're hiring a van to get us there - using holidayautos or hertz (via ryanair link) same sort of prices - journey seems to be straightforward - only 1 mountain pass to get over (Maloja) - found a very good website with up to date details of alpine passes www.alpineroads.com/passstatus.php
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy