Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
DebbiDoesSnow,
INDEED Smile, a big glass of wine Very Happy
Charli, re your "mountain of possibilities",
I do that, but I put them in the sitting room, and the rest stays there till my return,
and most of the time it is a mountain Sad,

I better do the packing, my ususal bed time before any hols is 4 am and then I get up at 6 for the plane Sad
by the time I water the plants and all .....

see you all soon Smile
yeeeeeeeeeeeeees !!, we are skiiing again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just a quickie for those going/about to go to La Plagne...

Just got back - rotten timing as last night it dumped!!!! The hotel was around 2000 and there must have been three inches of new stuff at least. Yesterday skiing was nice too - there was fresh powder at the higher parts (Glacier etc) and the snow didn't start to get heavy again until about 2100.

All in all, some great, if variable, conditions.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
heavy snow and fresh powder today. Heavy heavy snow and forgot to mention lovely powder all day oohh and heavy snow oooh and fresh powder. did I mention that it was heavy snow anyway a lovely day with heavy snow and fresh powder ooh and snow!!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having the best time ever, LP ROCKS big time snowHead Boarded with Mouth & her OH today, they worked us HARD Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cockofthenorth, GO forth and multiply...................................................
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus, after all that heavy heavy snow yesterday, no time to lie in and multiply, had to go out and enjoy some more fresh snow, yes snome more fresh snow and lovely sunshine, in fact beautifull sunshine with more fresh snow!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin . hows the weather in Lytham??? forgot to say over hear its lovely sunshine and fresh snow
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cockofthenorth, do you know when the lifts close to Champagny and Les Cloches as we want to do the trip over from Tigne again before the season ends.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cockofthenorth, OH GOOD........................... Very Happy Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
redrunmarcus, He'll be driving home soon wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, with your tyres...................I am going to stay longer next year...... hopefully...... so that will mean no chance of snow in April........... Skullie
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
redrunmarcus, you can bug off I'll book your flight for the end of march!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin snowcrazy, The lifts close on the 25th april I know that a few of the lifts will be closed before that but not sure which ones I think (talking to Cyrill in Montchavan) that some of the lifts will be closed in Montchavan. but I am posotive that the majority will be open in Les Cloches and Champagny, enjoy!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cockofthenorth, thanks for the info, now just have to wait for the weather to get better again Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
News from Romains website about the lifts in 1800 for Montalbert access.
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, thanks for that been trying to work it all out is there a massive benefit to this for us.... Puzzled Puzzled ??????
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
redrunmarcus, I guess the 'advantage' is Montalbert residents can go down to 1800 and up two lifts to get to the top of the Colosses lift without going through Plagne Centre, I presume it's SAP's improvements to allow more building in the village from next year.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Yea I suppose it cuts out the poleing accross Plagne Centre....but that was good for my triceps!!!!
latest report
Not sure if all that this will do is increase the bottleneck at bellecotte. Puzzled
ski holidays
Anyone still around that is interested in joining us for one last trip down the north face of bellecote later this week PM asap. Weather looks promising for later in the week.
snow conditions
OK am back.

best week of season for me.............. can't type much as nursing a broken finger from a fall in Bellecote. It was worth it though!!

Bring on 2008/2009..............

cockofthenorth, Your hp sauce is on my bedside table still Razz Razz Razz
ski holidays
what about this
ski holidays
Just remembering...............................................shirt sleves must have been Feburary Cool
snow report
redrunmarcus wrote:
Just remembering...............................................shirt sleves must have been Feburary Cool

well it certainly wasn't last week that was for sure!!!
ski holidays
Mouth,
but it could have been, last week in LP was warm enough for short sleeves Smile,
snow report
helena57, I was skiing in a fleece latter part of last week, it was beautiful. Cool
snow report
thefatcontroller, I bet anybody seeing you didn't say that Toofy Grin
latest report
boredsurfin, And who said 70's comedy was dead Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, you are now required to read all 28 pages of this thread in preparation for your visit next April Very Happy
and bookmark this webcam Toofy Grin
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/Images/montalbert3.jpg
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, Now that's what you call a narrow piste with steep sides Toofy Grin
latest report
9 months and counting Razz
snow report
Charli939, Yep, the resort closes tomorrow, and the last week they reduce it down to just the main piste into the village, but ironically the snow up in the forest stays until the end of May snowHead
snow conditions
Charli939, Ah but the best thing about that is piste is it takes you out of Montalbert...............running fast.............................
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, aint skiing great! no sooner than one holiday finishes and we are counting down to the next one! When I used to book hols one year we had next years booked before we had gone on this years, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Keep running....the Lesbians and telemarker's are still after you as well Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
Lesbians and telemarker's

They are two seperate things Confused
latest report
thefatcontroller, Shocked faster.....
snow report
boredsurfin, Only joking, everyone knows not all telemarkers are lesbians, there are the gays to consider. This is one fecking steep hill.....need help.......................
snow report
thefatcontroller, I'd offer to help you, but if its steep you may be a lot better off without my assistance... Toofy Grin
snow report
hello monty bear people, just to inform you that conditions are very spring like, went to do the north face today but a lot of slides had fallen noboby had touched the canadian I think again due to a slide, also a lot of wind crust on top, so we headed to find some spring powder on the friolin which again had lots of big slides but did eventually find some spring snow!!. Once that was done got very hot and headed back to monty for lunch and a few beers eeccuupp!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
cockofthenorth, last day of the season eh? I wonder where those few beers were had??

What a season eh? Here's to next.... can't type much as finger still strapped Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy