Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

replacements for salomon scream hot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have used Sally scream hots for the past two years , and have improved my intermedate skiing no end . My question is ,what are the equivelent or comparable replacements?[/b]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Screams got replaced by Scramblers, which in turn got replaced by X-Wings.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Scramblers were shoite. Punter skis. X-wings better by all accounts.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lordlaff, I skiied on Scream 10s (Hot and Extra Hot) a lot in the past 4 seasons. This last April I had several days on X-Wing Blasts (there are several X-Wing variants) and they are very, very similar - very capable ski in most conditions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a pair of Scream Hots - lightly used (6 weeks max) which I need to dispose of (I know it's not the right place to mention it, but just in case anyone desperately wanted them!) I am only allowed to take two sets this year Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lordlaff, I had Scream 10 Hots for about 6 weeks worth of skiing and loved the all round ability, but did feel they needed a little more float in really deep stuff. Now I have X-wing Furys (done 3 weeks last year on them) and they do everything the Screams did and more. They are 1cm fatter all over and they make deeper snow and crud seem much easiser. They turn very easily in all conditions, and seem to handle any speed thrown at them when carving on piste. Almost as quick edge to edge as the Scream 10 Hots, and easy enough for most turn radii. They do prefer big sweeping fast turns though. The only area where they may be weaker is on very (and I mean very) hardpack, where they wash out a little (but then that stuff is no so much fun anyway - so why go there!). I'd say that if you are really getting into Off-Piste, and want a ski that really works there, but also like to burn a piste or 10 as well, then these are spot on.

Summary - best skis I've used. In the past I've used (regularly, not just one offs):- B3's, Scream 10 Hots, Fischer AMC76, Atomic 10:EX, Elan Reactor and various GS models.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Consider Fischer AMC 79 - you may get them cheap from German ebay retailers. Got more for £120 ish last year. Excellent ski
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been on a Fury and they are an improvement for Salomon in recent years. I put it on par with a Mission at the time but that was hard-hardpack/ice only.

Both lack the tosional rigidty for this tho, but then again they do ok considering it is exactly what they aren't designed for, IMV

FWIW, if you want a ski that blows both out of the water...and bearing in mind that I haven't skied them in deeper stuff which would be their forte...then get on the Movement Spark...way more fun and classier on hardpack than either..by a stretch, and I doubt it would give much back in the deeper stuff.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy