Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - Winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, Shocked Sad RICE and a nice glass of something to go with it, perhaps? Hope it gets better soon.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle, Turns out to be a damaged medial collateral ligament. I'm not supposed to ski but ....... the plan is to do Chalance on Thursday. I also have work on Fri and Sat .... We'll see, after 3 hours at the doc's today a huge brace and loads of drugs .... (yuk). (don't tell anyone!) Shocked

Today was really foggy and originally my lesson at 12 was cancelled, but when I headed up to the town it looked better so we went for it and it was OK. Cretes only, snow OK, but I didn't risk skiing down. Pic was taken in the red eggs going down showing the edge of the Diable run and the snow in the gully, showing l'Y on the next ridge over. we saw a snowboarder riding int he trees, but he was faster than the egg so I couldn't get him in!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

the plan is to do Chalance on Thursday.

something nice and gentle then wink Must have been caused by the shock of having 2 days off!!

Hope it soon heals.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, oh dear, do be careful!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, Hurtle, But I have forgone my telemark lesson that I've been trying to have for about 5 years. I was soooooo looking forward to it. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Of course today is beautiful and clear (would be).

I'll see how it goes before I decide about Chalance though. It's in the best condition it's been in for years - it shouldn't be too heavy either, can't miss it all. The pain is only intermittent! (Mind you it is bad when it's bad). Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Take it gently easiski. I also damaged mine a couple of years back. There was no way I could teach for about a month - I tried and failed.

Just look after yoursefl.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, wot snowaddict says! If the reason the doc said don't ski was that you could make it worse, then perhaps it's best not to ski.

If, on the other hand, all you're battling with is your own pain barrier...keep taking the pills! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, your doctor is no doubt correct but i was back on skis about 3 days after giving my MCL a good tweak Wink . my one tip (which I didn't do at the time then regretted) is to do lots of stretches to maintain your range of movement
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, hope you are better soon. Stop posting about Chalance, though - it is so-o-o-o tempting to come out for a couple of days - and I really mustn't!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess it all depends on how bad things are. I just stepped off a poma lift, didn't fall or anything, but my MCL obviously decided to fail as I stepped to the right. My knee was the size of a water melon within a few hours. After seeing the physio and getting exercises and stuff, they thought I might be able to ski again and instruct pretty soon if I wasn't stressing it too much doing ploughs etc. Tried after about ten days but it was hopeless. Was due to go on a ski holiday a month later after the injury and did manage to ski, but could only do blue and gentle red runs. Survived the holiday and then rested up for another week or so before I was able to get back to instructing.

They key is lots of exercises, lots of stretching, lots of painkillers, lots of anti-inflammatories and lots of ice!!

The problem is that when ski-ing is your livelihood, it isn't easy. At least this is at the end of the season thank goodness for you easiski. No time is great, but I guess this is more preferable than right slap bang in the season. Just take care.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, what a shame, I'm sorry and I hope that you'll be ok in a few days.

In other terms, my friends informed that the high parts of LG are in superb conditions; yesterday the TK triffides were closed and today they open and the snow in the glacier to col was awesome, no people and tons of snow. they also ski pan de rideau and coulior Y in more than boot deep...Superb...

The snow holds in good powder to P2, then really heavy to P1 and no snow to town

One little pic from the Pan entrance:
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, Ouch Sad. Hope it gets better soon.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, hope the knee is better soon.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thank you all for your good wishes. First, I don't think the doc is right - I think it's the lateral ligament (outside knee pain) and second I think he's gone completley OTT with the treatment because he couldn't be bothered to let me explain when and where it hurt. Serves me right for going to that doc - but I deffo won't in future. 3 hours and nearly €300 later I still don't feel that he bothered correctly. Anyway I'km going to see the miracle man Gian-Luca tomorrow and will believe what he says!

I've cried off Chalance tomorrow, but will work Friday and Saturday with my regular brace on. Not bending the leg is a right pain, and seems to be making it stiffer and sorer than what I was doing! Shocked Twisted Evil

Nice day today, saw Evski and his mates who've now arrived, and the weather forecast looks good until the end. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski, outer knee suggests lateral (which is what I twanged last year). Didn't take too long to heal, but it was painful, esp if I sat with it bent for a long period, such as on a car journey.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, Exactly, and certain lateral twisting movements hurt. When it hurts, it hurts, and the rest of the time it's just a dull ache. Never got a chance to explain that though! Evil or Very Mad

Lovely day today Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Should have been able to go out and actually ski abit in the next few, pleasant, sunny days - LG open later now - until 11th May! Bah!
snow report
easiski,Never been to Les 2 Alpes but always look in on this thread for the great pics, hope you feel beter soon. Re the drugs what do you expect going to a French quack. I broke a toe years ago and got signed off for 3 weeks and that was after I had talked him down from 5.

Look forward to the summer season pics
latest report
hi easiski hope your leg gets better soon

will need to contact you soon re summer skiing, we are all booked so Mrs C and I together with baby C, Mrs C's sister and sister's boyfriend and Baby C's grandma/grandad will all be up for a lesson or two, oops no all but baby C will be up for a lesson!

we are there sat july 26th for a week, i guess the glacier will be quieter midweek than weekends?
latest report
Roger C, when we've skied there, Saturday seems to be the best day.
snow report
Roger C, I've noted that week for you in the diary. I would have thought that you'd get baby C started good and early!!!! Shocked Shocked I don't think it makes very much difference if coming in the school holidays as you are. the race clubs still ski on Sat morning but leave earlier than normal. Otherwise there isn't any difference whatever day of the week. Unlike winter the local grenoblois don't come up in droves at the weekend.

Nice day today, much warmer (phew), too hot in Grenoble yesterday - note to self: wear less warm clothes if going down. rolling eyes

Magician physio Gian-Luca has had a proper look at the knee and says it's a tendon, not a ligament and is not that serious and certainly doesn't require daily anti-coagulent injections in the stomach. Very Happy Even better I don't have to walk around with the knee held immobile with that huge brace which is good news cos that was hurting my back and my right leg. I think I'll take it easy though.

Should have some pics later.

Gilberts Fridge, thanks for the kind words. I must say though (except for this doc, who I won't go to again) I have much more faith int he french health system than the NHS!
snow report
Good news on the knee easiski, Very Happy

Have really enjoyed your pics through the year - thanks for bothering to take them and put them up each day. snowHead
ski holidays
easiski, good news about the knee. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, that sounds much better. Hope it heals completely very soon.
snow conditions
easiski, wonderful news, but stay away from the Snowpark for a day or so Cool Very Happy
ski holidays
Great news about the knee!

Have a gentle run for me at the weekend 'cos I don't think I'll manage to get onto snow this weekend.
ski holidays
easiski, Very Happy
ski holidays
It was a lovely day today, sunny and warm Very Happy Very Happy The first time for almost all season that I haven't had my boot heaters on. I hope it stays tomorrow cos I've taken them out now. Shocked

It was hard early on at the Cretes and the runs down were closed until about 11 or so. the snow transformed though, and after 12.30 the Cretes got a little slushy and later I skied down the Grande Pente (I know, silly of me) which was really nice at the top and a bit sludgy at the bottom. It was still possible to get all the way down though without taking off the skis and without skiing over any grass. Cool this is extremely unusual.

Photos of looking up the mountain from the Petit Cretes chair, and looking down GP from the middle and then up again so you can see the line possible.
ski holidays
Here are also 2 pix of the pisteurs tidying up the safety mats at the bottom of the mountain. don't forget that they have to put all this up and then take it all down again (it might frighten the cows!) Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski,

Bloody cows rolling eyes
latest report
johnboy, pisteurs scare me too wink
latest report
easiski, glad to hear your knee's better. Honestly, the lengths to which you'll go to get out of telemarking! Toofy Grin Fun had on our bash lesson, but it is a killer on the knees at the early stages, though I have been told by several that it's less stressful than alpine when one gets better at it. I clearly haven't reached that stage, I got through almost an entire tube of Voltarol gel over the week, plastering it on my knees twice a day. Magic stuff. (P.s. - tried a pair of Zags. AWESOME is the only word for them. May need to rob a bank.)

LG open till 11th...the temptation...achilles, are you resisting successfully?
snow conditions
easiski, so sorry to hear of your injury & hope it is soon better. I had a good week as an EOSB virgin & now am looking forward to L2A 21st June with much excitement! My standard's not gone up massively, but I made some progress: I skied a bit faster (still slow though!) and learned to cope with a wide range of conditions (wind & driving fine snow, fog & flat light that caused me to nearly fall over while standing still but watching someone ski past Shocked, icy starts and deep slushy finishes!). The biggie for me is that I felt in control 99.9% of the time and in a lesson from euangoneskiing managed to finally do a few linked parallel turns snowHead - couldn't make that happen again on demand though, just the odd one here & there when the slope/snow were kind to me! Am going to take myself off to Xscape a few times and see what I can do there and then see what you can magic out of me in June - hope you're ready for that challenge!!
snow report
vetski, glad you liked the Zags. Very Happy

Butterfly, Looking forward to it. Very Happy

It was very warm yesterday and beautifully sunny. the snow on the Cretes got quite slushy fairly early (but not heavy). Unfortunately there was again too much wind to do the lessons on the glacier - it's not the same as just skiing in it. Sad Anyway, here's a pic of looking down the Valentin when I came down at about 14.00.

I won't be skiing today, but may go to LG later next week if the knee is feeling a bit better. I don't want to risk making it worse and having a problem in the summer! Shock It's a nice day again today and really quite warm, so an excellent day for the closing of the season.
snow report
Quote:

It's a nice day again today and really quite warm,

easiski, it sounds like very nice weather for sitting on the terrace with a cool drink. Take it easy! snowHead
latest report
pam w, No time - got to do lots to the van before heading off next weekend. Also the double glazing to finally sort out!

You won't believe it ................................. It must have been snowing a bit higher up this afternoon as it was pouring down here. Sad rolling eyes Shocked Still hoping to get over to LG later in the week and maybe ski down this side - see how the knee is. Also Euangoneskiing thought he liked the idea and also Jutta if she can get someone else to feed the kids. Apparently all the regular services like creche and school dinners stop when the tourists go home. Shocked Seems a bit unfair to me .
latest report
easiski, sorry to hear about the knee but hope the good recovery continues.
snow conditions
Richard E, Thanks.

Yesterday morning there was snow down to about 1700m and it's going to rain/snow again this afternoon after a lovely start to the day. May do LG tomorrow (good weather forecast and there'll be fresh snow down to about 2,000m if it's right). Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, good to see you back on skis! Hope you do get to LG - I always think the instructors deserve some time to themselves
snow conditions
eng_ch, cheers. Not sure now as I still have an awful lot to do on the van and the ru**y wood panels won't go back in place! Shocked

This is what was happening this afternoon - you wouldn't credit it would you?
latest report
It's been warm lately, but there's still lots of snow around. I went to LG today with Lizzard & Mr. Lizzard and then we skied back down 'our'side in the afternoon. Lots of pics en route and I'm just about to download them and write a TR, so look there. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy