Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - Winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
easiski wrote:
Sometimes it does feel as though I'm talking to myself!

Definitely not - there are always plenty of people reading and enjoying your posts and pictures - please don't stop. Smile

Caroline and I are still hoping to get a few days glacier skiing in July Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, Could get out there to ski 25/26/27 using BA into Lyon. Buses between Lyon and Grenoble and to LDA fit in but the Transisere site is showing no buses running back to Grenoble on 28th, is that really the case? Don't really want to hire a car, if I'm on my own it makes it an expensive weekend.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, there will be buses, but not as many - 28th will be interseason timetable, which is why it's not showing on the site yet, I imagine.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, Thanks, the flight back from Lyon is early evening so it gives me plenty of time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
did not really make it out to LDA this season, but read the reports nevertheless, so thanks to all who posted, Easiski especially and Lizzard too
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, Still look forward to your reports C. First thread I look for in the mornings. Especially now I recognise the areas that you mention and photogragh. Wish I could have got another week in this year but will be back next year without doubt.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, Please stop posting pics, makes us want to be there instead of here Sad, but only 13 weeks until we return Very Happy . The snow looked good when we were leaving on Saturday morning.

Looking forward to the 'Les 2 Alpes - Summer 2008' thread Very Happy .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, and no you're not talking to yourself!! Look at it everyday and like Mogs it's the first thread on snowHeads I read...sometimes the only one!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, keep it up please (as long as it is convenient to you) so I can relive the LDA experience!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
R32 ditto
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, I'd like to second what kitenski andWhitegold, said. The reports have been brilliant and I've checked them out every day since we were there for the first weekend of the season!

Also like to say thanks very much for the excellent lessons last week. It was great to see the girls doing so well, and the lesson we had with them was a blast Very Happy

Hope you have a great end of season!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all. I do know many people look at it, but sometimes after 3 days when it's only me I get a bit discouraged - perhaps a smilie from time to time???

today was very nice but cold. Actually ridiculously cold for the time of year. rolling eyes the snow OTOH was really nice, and I spent most of the day on the glacier where the pistes had a really silky feel. There was still plenty of virgin snow to turn in on the Echines des chevres, but one little lad had trouble so we had to abandon. Fortunately, no lost skis today, and no marmottes either! I did go back and dig for another 25 mins or so early in the morning for the lost ski, but to no avail. Sad did my best.

A not very good pic of the tracks in the top part of the Thuit to give you an idea of the fresh from yesterday.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B, You can also get a train from St Exupery to Grenoble train station and a bus on from there. It all depends on the timing. sunday is the last day of the season. Go on .... you know you want to ..... snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smile
snow report
easiski, I'm still wavering but worried most about the extra 3 days holiday I would have to take which will have a knock on effect on next Winter. Could change my mind yet though, is anyone else out there then?
ski holidays
Colin B, Evski is out from Weds - Sun with pals. The twins are here and Fran and Mike will be out for the weekend too.

I'm very sorry to say that my batteries packed up again today. I was aiming at the couloir Diversoire and the camera wouldn't play ball at all. The day started off nice, but went downhill fast, with high winds and fairly heavy snow in the early afternoon. It's raining down here (not hard) and still snowing at about mid-face level. this is getting totally absurd! rolling eyes rolling eyes The snow was exceptinally good on the Bellecombe and not shabby on the Grand couloir, but it would have been much better if I could have seen the bumps! Shocked Deversoire (the red into the Thuit, not the Couloir) was good firm, grippy snow and the Thuit (blue) was nice. Spent the rest of the day on the Cretes which was fab conditions but miz viz etc. About 3-5 cms of fresh this afternoon. Nursery slopes where the cannons are are looking in very good condition, and will obviously see the season out - quite rare. Sorry about the photo, will replace batteries and try again tomorrow. forecast for more snow and cloud tomorrow - yuk! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Really awesome conditions, not only in the Alps, also in the pyrenees despite the lack of snow of the first part of the season (since march)......

Some smiles for you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy But when I think that maybe this week I could be there skiing all this stuff...and now I'm looking at my inflamated knee Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad
ski holidays
easiski, I'd like to echo SteveKirby, comments. Thanks for the reports, always the first I look for since December.

Thanks again for the lessons, we all thoroughly enjoyed them. Enjoy the great end of season conditions and we'll hopefully see you next year, just have to get summer out of the way now wink snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
easiski, thank you for great reports. I'm afraid I don't know how to contribute meaningfully to this thread, since I have yet to visit your resort, but do greatly enjoy the reports and photos nonetheless. Hope you have a good summer.
ski holidays
easiski, Smile
ski holidays
Just catching up after a couple of days working - ugh - see, lots of us read even if we don't say anything! Very Happy Just picked up on an earlier post that you've got Zags - am planning to test them next week cos I like what I've read about them, but you're the only person I know who's skied on them. Which ones have you got and what's your opinion? How do they deal with challenging terrain and also groomers? I'm thinking ahead to LG next year, you see!
snow report
vetski, I had them at Wengen! I have the Rouge which is no longer made. However, much as I like them I would caution anyone to buy a pair until they've proved a better build quality. They are very delicate and delaminate regularly! I thought it was just a model problem, but have heard about other models doing it too. I love them to bits though - even more now I've dealt with the bindings. Wouldn't buy another pair though. Sad

Thank you all. Photos coming if poss later. Bit more snow down here last night. rolling eyes rolling eyes

Grimsby Ranger, Sorry to say I would much prefer warm weather and sunshine for the end of the season!! Powder and snow are fine, but it's nice to have some good weather to finish on - we've had enough snow now! Shocked Shocked Shocked I still had to wear 7 layers under my jacket yesterday and use both pairs of boot heater batteries. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
easiski, sorry, didn't notice Embarassed ...possibly cos I was concentrating on all the brutal exercises someone was flinging my way! wink I'll speak to the Zag people about that and see what they say. Ta!
ski holidays
easiski, Sounds a tad chilly to me Smile Smile
latest report
easiski, please keep posting I still look at the thread most days although I've no idea when I'll have a chance to return. snowHead snowHead
latest report
easiski, Cool
snow report
lampbus, you'll be back out there next year, fully recovered! Very Happy Hope physio's going well and that the after-effects of bimbling have worn off.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well this weather is too wierd for words. It's been windy all day, but with some sunny intervals off and on. the morning was great and first thing the view was quite spectacular from my balcony (had to go out in my nightie to get this one!)

We went up to the hidden valley (which is really the top part of the Gours) first and this is the entry: fabulous powder as you can see.
Very Happy Very Happy

As we skied down we found 2 guys searching for a lost ski. the kids offered to help, but the guys said it was OK, you can see them in the third pic
ski holidays
My pics get muddled so to carry on (the early morning one is below the others now). If anyone can tell me how to get them in the right order using the quick upload thingy that would be great.

so we continued on, and Zotov's Leap doesn't look so scary now it's really full of snow:

there was a fab sun/wind effect up to the right of Couloir Electrique:

and finally a pic of Chalance really full of snow:

The day did deteriorate, although some spots of sunshine peeped through, but there was snow in the air and a quite vicious wind getting up late on. I finished with my ladies down the Diable which is very holey at the bottom, but still skiable (no longer pistable though). It was heavy and soggy at the bottom, but it's not normally skiable at all at this time of year, having no cannons on it. Very Happy

A good day though OTW, and more snow forecast next week. Shocked Shocked

Off to prizegiving now.
ski holidays
easiski, Superb pics, especially early morning from balcony Smile
ski holidays
easiski, Smile . Although it should be a Crying or Very sad as we're not there.
Lots more snow on Sunday according to snowforecast too.
latest report
R32, Still a pleasant day although quite cloudy. Second total day off in a row Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy No news from the mountain, but there was some fresh Fri night. I hope it doesn't snow too much now. Shock
ski holidays
easiski, you deserve a rest, enjoy Smile
snow report
easiski, Cool
latest report
It was pretty miserable today. Rainingin resort and snowing from about 1800m upwards. Thick fog for the most part. Sad However there was about 10cms of fresh at 2,400m albeit fairly sticky stuff. I only had 1 lesson in the end and we stuck to Cretes. At least the wind had died down. Very Happy Snow good at this level though, and the Valentin was nice soggy at the top and horrid soggy at the bottom. Nursery slopes were in good order as hardly anyone was skiing them. The traverse across town from the Valentin was very deep, damp ruts though. Having said all this, there's an amazing amount of snow, and a friend skied down the Diable which is pretty amazing in the last week of the season. Toofy Grin Pic is from the top of the red eggs (Telecabine du Diable) looking up towards the Super Diable run.
snow conditions
easiski, Smile
latest report
easiski, Looking at the BBC weather forecast on Sunday there is a very big low with rain that should travel over the Alps Tuesday and Wednesday followed by a hot spell. Would think you will see the rain as snow, no rest for wicked. Thanks for the posts and photo's this season couldn't live without them, hope to catch up with some time this summer in the UK if you are over here.
ski holidays
easiski, , now two friends of mine are heading to LG to ski tomorrow until thursday (maybe the last day they ski L2A or ADH). I suppose that they will found good conditions, but I want to ask you if you have heard some reports from there...

If the conditions are brilliant they maybe hire a guide to attempt seriour stuff, but have a problem, no one speaks correctly french or english (only understand and speak some words), so if you know a good guide to attempt "nice" things and speaks spanish......
snow report
Headplant, Flying visits, but will deffo go for another Gloucester meet probably in early June. Very Happy

AlTom, No clue I'm afraid. However the Bureau des Guides in LG is quite big and there's sure to be someone who speaks Spanish. Certainly there are Italian speakers there which might be better than French or English. How's your knee doing? I seem to have damaged mine now. Sad

Miserable this morning, will take camera, but likely to get similar pic as yesterday's.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy