Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow conditions La Thuile 2005 /2006

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone. looking at La Thuile in Italy for a cheap holiday for one [ not for 'one' as in the posh sense put for one person lol ], can anyone recommend it or let me know what the snow conditions were like last season so i can try and use it as a yard stick?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andybabes, We skied there in 04/05, 05/06 and 06/07. The snow is VERY well managed by the pisteurs and due to the North Facing slopes it is generally in good nick. The Col area gets massive amounts of snow but in bad weather can be closed dure to high winds and avalanche risk. There is a very nice red run back to the village and a rather dull red run, the alternate to this a GENUINE black runs. If you ar nervous then get the gondola down. Apart from the runs to the village the main body of skiing is between 2200 and 2600 metres so altitude is not a problem.

Never stayed in the village but it does have a reputation for being fairly quiet. I can recommend several excellent eating houses Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
andybabes, We skied there in 04/05, 05/06 and 06/07. The snow is VERY well managed by the pisteurs and due to the North Facing slopes it is generally in good nick. The Col area gets massive amounts of snow but in bad weather can be closed dure to high winds and avalanche risk. There is a very nice red run back to the village and a rather dull red run, the alternate to this a GENUINE black runs. If you ar nervous then get the gondola down. Apart from the runs to the village the main body of skiing is between 2200 and 2600 metres so altitude is not a problem.

Never stayed in the village but it does have a reputation for being fairly quiet. I can recommend several excellent eating houses Very Happy

Hi Frosty thanks for that wont really be gettin off the blues as only boarded for the first time in feb this year, any more info on eating, runs etc etc would be greatfully received.
cheers
andrew
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andybabes, Then the bowl above Les Suches will suit you fine. Loads of confidence building stuff. If you want more info then give me a shout nearer the time. Eating is good value and usually delish.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, thanks for that frosty, can you tell me which of the two blacks back down into the village is the easier if there is such a thing with 'black' runs
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Im not frosty, but been to la Thuile many times

There are 3 blacks down into the village, can't remember their names just numbers

3 starts the highest of them all and has a very steep narrow section, then can link into black 2

Black 2 starts below and to the left of the gondola, and has a chicken out bit so you can miss the worst bit. It does get icy as they make a lot of snow for it.

5 is probably easier starts to the right of the gondola building, if its open, it links into the red.

They are all proper blacks however
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andybabes,

This is a pic from Jan 2007.

However they did a great job and it was possible to ski the black down to the village. I really loved the skiing in La Thuile and there was loads of great snow above the village when the rest of the Apls was struggling. I would love to go back and stay on the Italian side.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Busy pistes in La Rosiere

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carroz wrote:

They are all proper blacks however

andybabes I was inferring that there is no real easy cop out. If you are not happy on blacks then you can take the red. That said if you are happy on reds they just take it very steady and you should be ok. Myself and the boss tackled black 3 and it was fairly icy, we traversed, sat down at the edge and turned the skis then traversed back (several times). The 4 kids under 10 that we had with us zipped down without a problem Embarassed
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman,

I can do blacks but don't really enjoy them. The days I skied down to La Thuile the black was totally empty and there was a good covering of snow (if a little suggary).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
La Thuile was brilliant for us late last season, a resort that hasnt been runined by.... well.... us holiday makers!! not busy, good runs, quiet village, ideal if you know how to make your own fun and want some hassle free skiing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice photos

Can't wait to go - 49 days 9 hours and 10 minutes to departure - not that I am counting or anything

Laughing snowHead snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I went to La Thuile with my 13 year old daughter last March and we absolutely loved it. The snow was perfect and we had one of our best skiing holidays ever. We drive to Greece every summer and decided to go take a look at the resort in the summer on the way (not far off our route!).. Wow it looked so different, we couldn't believe that some of the rough and rocky areas we'd skied down could possibly be runs!! And one of our favourite mountain restauarnts (near the top of the chair lift) had a swimming pool outside where we sat and drank iced tea, where we'd been drinking hot chocolate a few months earlier! We are now thinking of booking for New Year but wondering if we may be taking a risk with the snow and its by no means cheap! Has anyone been before at that time of year and how was the snow? Be great to hear your comments.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy