Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed on Fischer RC4's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

hope someone on here will be able to help.

I am about to start racing, not seriously but as a way of improving my skiing and my fitness and wondered which skis i should get.

I have been advised that the Fischer RC4's are a good ski to get but am a bit confused by all the different models. the 2 i have been told about are the Race SC (seem to be very common in shops and on ebay) and the Competition (finding it really hard to find info on these but did find 1 article that said they were for beginner racers). which one out of those would be the best for me? also someone mentioned the salomon equipe SC race but i don't know much about them.

any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dougmonkey, What kind of racing are you going to be doing ?

There is info on the range on the Fischer website.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dougmonkey, I have a pair of the 'World Cup' variants of the RC4 for skiing on plastic (and a pair of the equivalent Rossignol ski for snow) and wouldn't want to drop down to something softer in the Fischer (or Rossi) range.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dougmonkey, I think that the Race ( I have a Pair as training skis) would be a good choice for learning to race on, a bit more forgiving than the WC although if you get really serious about racing you will want to upgrade.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the replies. i will be racing on plastic, but will take them on snow when i go away next year (not to race but just ski on).

i'll keep an eye out for the race model. thanks again
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dougmonkey, Worth keeping an eye on here if you want a new pr. Ski Bilek Would suggest about 160cm without knowing your stats. if you want to use on plastic and snow.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dougmonkey, agreement with kevinrhead here. I originally got some 160cm Race SCs and they were fine to start with (and for my first year's dry-slope racing). I did change this year though to some 155cm Dynamic iPerform 1.2s, and noticed a huge improvement: better edge grip, tighter turns (I think the current model is now termed 2.2). Actually there was only about 2cm difference in the length of the running edges. I have noticed that the Dynamics are going through the edges quicker than the Fischers; that may be due to the Fischers having a harder edge metal, or just that I'm skiing them much harder now, or most probably a bit of both.

If you want a single pair for plastic and snow 160cm is probably the only choice, unless you're a small guy. The 155 gives you a tighter turn, which you really need on plastic, but at the expense of reduced fore-aft stability, but that is probably needed for snow. I've skied 160 on piste fine but it's a real challenge in soft snow (I'm 90kg+).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GrahamN, 155's at your height? were they out of 120's NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dougmonkey, I am a
Quote:

small guy

I too have the Dynamics in 155... similar comments and (slower snowHead ) experience to GrahamN, . If anything I find them a bit too easy to turn... but they are great fun to ski on. The edges do need the occaisonal tweak, but not as much as some other skis (Rossis) - where I could feel the edge go off after 4 runs. IMHO you should look at Slalom skis, rather than the detuned versions, as you'll soon want the stiffness that they have.

Which club are you going to ski at ? There will be people there who'll have some advice too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for all the help people. i was in bartlett's the other day when my girlfriend was getting a new pair of boots and i had a chat with terry. he sorted me a out with a nice pair of used 166 rc4 worldcup slaloms for cheap. so that's all good Very Happy thanks again for the help.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy