Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please recommend a British lady ski instructor in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are skiing in St Anton with Mark Warner in February. Previously we skiied in LDA in 2006 and 2007. I am not a beginner but also not quite an intermediate and prefer to ski with an instructor who gives me confidence - the alternative is skiing on my own. In LDA I skiied with Charlotte Swift and am looking for someone similar in St Anton. Any recommendations please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beemee, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beemee, welcome to Snowheads. But face it, there isn't anybody else like Charlotte! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For what it's worth, my experience of the ladees in St Anton, hmm, I'll rephrase, my experience of the ski instructors in St Anton was that they were all good fun and not at all like ESF. Unlike ESF they didn't terrorise my 4 year old daughter, but instead, and in contrast to ESF, taught her to ski, bought her hot chocolate and left her rareing to go again. She is going to be disappointed when she finds herself in Alpe d'Huez at New Year. I think what I'm trying to say is it shouldn't be hard to find a good instructor to take lessons with there. They might even buy you a hot chocolate:)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beemee, Welcome to Snowheads - glad you took my advice! Very Happy snowHead someone with a recommendation will be along in a minute with some serious help. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton Ski School employs a lot of Dutch, Scandinavian Female instructors for there language abilities. They also employ (but not many now because of EU law) Australian,NZ female instructors. There are some British but not so many.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know an instructor there who used to be part of the Romanian national skiing team. Apparently she's quite well regarded by her Austrian colleagues. PM me and I'll look for her card.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beemee, PM means private message. Click on send/read messages and then on create message. Just like email!

stanton, can't you recommend anyone then?

horizon, Are you sure she's good with rather nervous peeps?? I wouldn't like all my hard work to be undone!! rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, to be honest no idea. I've met her by chance when she overheard me talking in Romanian to my friend. We all had dinner but I never got to ski with her. My friend did, on another weekend, and he said she was a superb skier, but he's not the nervous type. Very calm chap in fact.

She didn't seem to have a high-strung personality, though, which is why I recommended her.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I recommend the Ski School of St Anton, we off pisted it with Mr Harry Wolf, who runs the snowboard school but is also an expert skier. He was excellent and kept us safe and confident throughout the day. My sister also took lessons for the whole week and she is a level 5 skier. She happily recommends the school and both instructors spoke fluent English.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy