Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Laser eye correction

Poster: A snowHead
Im considering having it done.

Any experiences?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where have you been the last 2 months?

Just joking. There must be about 15 different thread on the same subject, spread from 'piste' to apres...

A search turned up:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=732383&highlight=lasik#732383

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=726738&highlight=lasik#726738

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=718540&highlight=lasik#718540

and more...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Renry wrote:
Im considering having it done.

Any experiences?

Been covered lots, do a search. snowHead

Me and the wife had it done 2 years ago. Best thing ever, especially if you like sports. Get it done. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks. Embarassed

sorry for missing previous thread and thanks for the links. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry, had it done about 8 weeks ago.. having a few dry eye issues and night vision is currently rubbish.. but hopefully it will sort itself soon. When my eyes are nice and moist I have 6/5 vision.. (one line better than 20/20)... but when they dry out quality of vision is pantsa nd I get a headache.. currently having to put fake tears in a couple of timer an hour. I woudl still recommend getting it done though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Renry, I have had to wear glasses since the age of 14 but my contacts are really good so I will not get it done but friends have been very positive about it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Renry,

After 20 odd years of skiing Europe with glasses I moved to Whistler, and nearly gave up skiing. Many days i went home before lunchtime, unable to stop my glasses from fogging up, although goggles with a fan in them helped. In the end I had my eyes 'lasered'..

Wow, what a success! I can honestly say that nearly 8 years later it has transformed my life.

The only downside that I noticed and have discussed with many folk since is that with glasses you take them off , go to sleep. Wake up, doze, put your glasses on when you are ready to connect with the world. After laser you put your book down, can't disconnect from the world and can't go to sleep. You wake up, can see everything and can't doze.. Took me 6 months to get past this.

Do it! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
colinmcc,
Are you going over to the Davos thread to let them know about the off piste there. I think I had a lesson from you there many moons ago. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
abc wrote:
Where have you been the last 2 months?

Just joking. There must be about 15 different thread on the same subject, spread from 'piste' to apres...

A search turned up:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=732383&highlight=lasik#732383

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=726738&highlight=lasik#726738

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=718540&highlight=lasik#718540

and more...

Give the guy a break, he obviously cant see too well.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i had mine done about two years ago and had a lot a trouble with one eye as they got there sums wrong. after a further lasering on the eye and then going back a third time to have two cuts made in my eyeball everything ok, yes you do get dry eyes as when they laser your eye it kills some of the nerves that sense when your eyes need moisture oh and you will still need glasses for reading.............but would i have it done again YES its great being able to walk into a room from the cold outside and your glasses not steam up and to be able to chose any sunglasses you want, walk in the rain etc etc Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had it done 2 years ago. could see 10 minutes later with better than 20/20 vision. No dry eye issues either.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had mine done last year, best £2k I have ever spent. Worn glasses for 20 years and I sometimes forget that now.

Day time vision perfect, night vision good but tends to drop off if i get tired.

Find the same probs in a morning about 10 mins before Im fully awake and focused.

Booze. If I've had a skinfull the night before my vision is poor the next day.Still enough to see ok but not great really

Hope it helps
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I did look into it a few years back, but some of the horror stories put me off. As an example, andybabes mentions the cuts in the eye. They make a flap, so they can get underneath, but that flap will never heal. You could leave it 20 years and then just lift it up again. This leaves a small risk of infection, etc.

There are exercises you can do, which may help improve your eyesight. The same people who advocate these exercises say that once you've had laser surgery, that the exercises cannot help, ie, to improve your eyesight further. To me, that closed off another option, if you had lasering and it didn't work.

Having said that, I know a few people who've had it done and said that it was the best decision they've ever made.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowdaddy wrote:
They make a flap, so they can get underneath, but that flap will never heal. You could leave it 20 years and then just lift it up again. This leaves a small risk of infection, etc.

Sorry complete rubbish. I had this procedure done 2 years ago and the 'cut' for the flap heals like any other cut. 2 years in I have no issues. Recently I had a slight tear in my retina (nothing to do with the surgery). The NHS doctor was amazed at how good a job they had with my laser surgery, he said it was nearly impossible to see the cut and it was healed perfectly. snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gwaelod, the doctor who lasered my eyes said that it would never heal completely....
snow report
gwaelod, Although the flap may well heal (ie bond back to the underyling surface), the mechanical strength of the cornea is always reduced, see here. The strength of the cornea is provided by transparent fibres called stroma, and making the corneal flap involves cutting across some of these. It would appear that the cut stroma do not repair themselves, so after the procedure the corneal strength relies on the remaining (uncut) stroma. Elsewhere I have seen a typical reduction in corneal strength of 30% quoted. This could mean in certain rare situations (eg car air bag going off in a crash) that the eye is more likely to rupture.
ski holidays
Got a consultation Monday 3rd December. Hope to have it done later that month.
latest report
Renry,

Go for it snowHead snowHead
snow report
Had mine done on Friday, still a little sore but pleased with the results so far!
snow conditions
Scottland,

Congrats. snowHead Driving yet?
ski holidays
Not, not had to yet really.

I will be tomorrow though, I feel fine to. Debating whether to take my friend to his board lesson at CFe or not, not sure with the night driving yet as I still feel a little sensitive to light.
snow report
Scottland,

Take it easy. Drove morning after but didn't do night driving for a few days. You will find it the best thing you have done once settled. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy