Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dad's phot album(2) 1927/8 ski & ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An even earlier page from my father's photo album from a ski holiday in Switzerland (Gsleig (?) it says) in 1927/8. But bottom right, what is that between the sleds? . Looks like a ski bike! I tried one as the Newest Thing in 1962, I think. And then it was the Newest Thing again a couple of years ago.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball, definately a ski bike, all wood construction, I can still remember seeing kids in Wengen using those to get home from school in the mid 1970's
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But the runner seems a bit narrow for the slopes. OK if the piste is hard, but the one I tried had a short ski front and back, and you could add another a little over a foot long on each foot. Extremely easy to use and fun for an afternoon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More great photos. Just a thought, is there a skiing archive (SCGB?) that might be interested in copies of these photos?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, More modern versions use a short ski, but the early versions seems to have mainly been used to go down snow covered roads and tracks, as such they could get away with a very narrow runner (that said I have seen them used on pistes) they were also used without any skids under the boots where more modern versions have mini skis for the feet
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I saw an extraordinary one in the summer. It was an actual bike, complete with mudguards, brakes and a bell & it had 2 little skis attached to the front forks and the bit where the pedals go. Very ingenious.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, I don't know, does anyone else?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk, I understand that the SC (of GB or not GB, whatever they choose to be) have a library, but is it open to non-members?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't know that either, but I am a member so I'll find out.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy