Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just bought my first board

Poster: A snowHead
Just went out and spent about $1000 (CAD) on a new board, bindings and boots. Got a 2008 rome solution 163 board, 2007 ride rx bindings and 2007 salomon synapse wide boots. Also got a cheapo bag to put them all in. This gear any good? I love the lace up system of the salomons and I had them heat moulded so they feel real comfy and the ride rx bindings seems well made, fully adjustable with aluminium base plates and suede lined straps.

Can't wait to get on that hill in Fernie Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PhotoTim, you'll be fine with all that but admit it you're just showing off. Enjoy it you lucky git.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PhotoTim, the Rome Solution is awesome ! My BF has it and Ride bindings. I have the Rome Blue with Ride bindings.

You have excellent taste sir Razz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
debbi, ANother Rome convert eh? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah thats good, the guy in the shop was actually talking some sense then!

Swirly, I am showing off a little bit, I love it when I post a thread mentioning my amazing year-long trip snowboarding and mountain biking in the wilds of BC that I get a few people commenting on how jealous they are Laughing Very Happy

Heading off to Fernie in a few days. Its -8deg out there already and the snow has been falling!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PhotoTim, Oh and I have a new Rome Blue with flows for the coming season
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope you get the board de-ionised before putting it into the bag, so many people ruin boards by not getting them de-ionised. And see if the shop will chuck in some flux capacitors for the boots, makes such a difference, especially around 88 mph.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PhotoTim wrote:
Heading off to Fernie in a few days. Its -8deg out there already and the snow has been falling!

Go away you 'orrible rubber-of-salt-into-wounds!!! Smile I hope it goes tropical the day you arrive Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhotoTim wrote:
...and 2007 salomon synapse wide boots...

I'm assuming that's to get the 6 toes in then wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier, na I got 4 toes like a normal human, but they are webbed. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, pistes? where we're going we don't need pistes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PhotoTim, To help fund this trip you need to sell photos of the EoSB race (hint hint) Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, I know I know, I need to sort those. Trouble is now I'm in canada I'll be having too much fun in the metres of powder to sort those pics Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhotoTim, you should start a snow report for Vancouver / Whistler ????
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhotoTim, Excellent choices! I ride a 2005 Rome Solution and swear by Salomon (now a owner of a pair of Dialogues) - dead comfy, stiff enough and no heel lift (for me at least).
snow report
i justy ordered a solution 163, i'm waiting for the postie!!!

i bought a palmer p-line online and never used it. then i tried a solution in hte snowdome at tam and fell for it. sold the p-line for what i paid for it. bought some salomon f22s too - they're really great, so much more comfy than the synapses i had before (but that might just be my foot shape).
snow report
saxabar, rogg, Again - good choices boys. NehNeh
snow conditions
just need to book somewhere to go now! Laughing
snow report
rayscoops, Ok well there is no snow in vancouver, just rain...It feels like home! As for whistler, there are a few light dustings here and there I think but nothing substantial yet. Thats ya lot for those 2 cos I'm off to fernie!

rogg, Yeah I could have bought the f24s (f22s for women and f24s for men right?) as they had some at a bargain price but I didn't like the fact that you couldn't take the liners out, they looked a bit boring and they weren't as comfy as the synapses. I had to get the wide boot cos I have webbed feet.

Leaving for fernie today so hopefully not long until I get to try the gear out!
ski holidays
PhotoTim, Have a safe trip and make us sick with regular updates snowHead
snow conditions
debbi, check my blog here: www.timstevensphoto.co.uk/photoblog

I'll put up some skiing/snowboarding pics one I have taken them.
ski holidays
i'm not often mistaken for a woman tim, the beard usualy gives the game away. maybe the fitter was having a bad day Laughing

i don't really care what they look like., just how they feel and fit . i'm not too worried about the fixed liner either. what does make a differnce when you have 10 1/2 feet is the smaller outline lets me ride a standard board with no toe/heel drag issues.
ski holidays
PhotoTim, cool! have bookmarked it.

rogg, with that size feet they Salomon must make womens boots for Drag Artists Laughing
latest report
PhotoTim, like the site. Some great shots on there. Makes me want to dust off my photography degree but shooting piccies of fish and sweaty anglers all day kind of takes the edge off 'hobby' photography!!

Love the shot of the biker going through the forst with the light punching through.

Can't wait to see you shots from Canada....
ski holidays
thanks chaps.

rogg, I thought matey in the shop mentioned the f22s were for women but obviously he didn't know what he was talking about. He did mention about the smaller size being handy though.

Right I'm off to get the bus to Fernie! I've got a stinking hang over (again) and have to now sit on a coach for 17 hours Sad
snow report
debbi, i prefer chair lifts or bubbles!

and tim - they do make f22s for men and women! Laughing honest
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy