Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shafted by Ryanair...

Poster: A snowHead
I will see you the two days delay and raise you a complete Ryanair cancellation of the Cardiff-Dublin route that I had booked to watch the footy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of people are complaining with good right in many cases but when a flight to the Alps is half the price of a train ticket to London.................. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've had flights cancelled, flights subject to double figure hours delay and flights so overbooked that I've not been able to get on the plane. This has been with scheduled, charter and budget.

Conclusion:
Flying can be subject to delays and cancellation, be prepared for anything, but it isn't worth losing sleep over.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smokin Joe wrote:
Lots of people are complaining with good right in many cases but when a flight to the Alps is half the price of a train ticket to London.................. wink

Ah yes good old reliable, efficient, economical train travel.............
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ollski, its never delayed by two days Shocked

And at the price you pay you cannot really complain - at least you lot down south have access to flights - you shouldnt complain. We have to drive half way to the alps to get a decent flight.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe, well said.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All airlines mess us around not just Ryanair but I thought the original winge about the group without the 'man taking point' getting to the resort and not being able to converse with the german speaking hotel owner quite funny. Most annoying though all the same I would agree
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smokin Joe, we might also get the bloody flights cheaper if ther was more choice. I was trying to find flights for my parents to join us for a few days in March but prices are impossibly high.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smokin Joe wrote:
ollski, its never delayed by two days Shocked

And at the price you pay you cannot really complain - at least you lot down south have access to flights - you shouldnt complain. We have to drive half way to the alps to get a decent flight.

no Smile but nor are flights really are they? I think 2 days is a different flight rather than a delay.

Why shouldn't you complain at any price if you get appaling service?, I live in the midlands and don't seem to get any bargain prices, sometimes from east midlands but the majority are the london , south west, leeds and scottish airports.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ollski, funny, but the cheapest flights I found were both from East Midlands and Birmingham.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
ollski, funny, but the cheapest flights I found were both from East Midlands and Birmingham.

Typical but good as I haven't booked yet I was just about to book leeds / bradford to chambery. Who were they with Helen or was a skyscanner type thing?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ollski, EJ Birmingham to Grenoble 1st March. Not rock bottom, but far less than Newcaslte to Geneva.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, Alas the no frills airlines have found out that Easter is in March next year and they have bumped up prices accordingly!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ollski,
Quote:

Why shouldn't you complain at any price if you get appaling service?, I live in the midlands and don't seem to get any bargain prices, sometimes from east midlands but the majority are the london , south west, leeds and scottish airports.

Don't know about the Scottish airports - I can't remember the last time I went direct from a Scottish Airport. My last holidays have been through Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow and Gatwick. My next two holidays are through Heathrow Sad and Gatwick.

snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The way I see it, is if a customer parts with money and does not get satisfaction in return or "does not get what it says on the tin", then they have grounds for complaint. How they complain however is a completely different matter and the more aggressive the complaint, the less likely the matter will be resolved amicably.

I work as a customer service evaluator and test the customer service in many, many places including airports, it is an eye opening job, Laughing

But, I pray that not all companies become perfect, because that will be me out of a job. Crying or Very sad
latest report
ollski wrote:
I live in the midlands and don't seem to get any bargain prices
Yeah but you live cheaper in every other respect. I might get BA flights for £89 from H'row but it costs me £4 per second to park, a cappuccino is £32, a glass of house Chardonnay is £94 + tip. Quit moaning if you live in an area where proper airlines don't fly from... it means you house was cheap, the roads are empty and there's a waiting list at Moanaholics Anonymous. No frills airlines p*ss you around BECAUSE THEY CAN! For us it's just another spectator sport.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
it means you house was cheap

Bode I may be a Midlander but you really think I'm stupid enough to buy a house for 300000?.....in this country??
snow report
ollski, My cleaner's house was £750k
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
ollski, My cleaner's house was £750k

I can imagine.....absolute disgrace we still expect humans to live in boxes like that.
snow conditions
In summary you gets what you pays for - fair enough. I think the standard of service with the 'cheap' airlines/TO's (and with TUI in particular) has reached the point where the 'value' of the service to me is below the cost. I'd rather pay more and do without the hassle. Train and Car for us from now on.

Ray Zorro has it right. peace of mind is worth more than you save on a cheap flight.
snow report
DB, you missed out Hexengeist Smile

It's not just UK airlines that panic at snow, I had a flight into Frakfurt delayed for hours by an inch of snow. Then Lufthansa left out luggage on the tarmac, we could see it as we taxied by. They did however lay on an extra flight as we had missed our connection to Munich.

What annoys me about airlinbes is the lies they tell you. Lufthansa (again) left my brother's luggage in Frankfurt and him in Turin. We met him in airport and staff assured us that it would be on the next flight (a 2 hour wait). So we waited, and waited, finally they told us it would be on the last flight. They were then difficult when we couldn't tell them where we were staying, not keen to deliver to a restaurant as we wanted (long story). Then they said van will leave Turin at 8 am, we said no problemo.

Went skiing (bro in jeans and my sweatshirt), got back to meet owner of said restaurant (Vince Hawkins if anyone knows this saint of a man) who had been phoned by van driver who claimed he had tried to deliver at 7.30am (a lie, cleaners were in), so Vince had driven to Susa to meet him and picked up missing bag.

But you shrug these things off, still fly Lufthansa as they are the cheapest and quickest way from Edinburgh to Turin, Munich and Innsbruck.

A quick plug, if you are in Sauze D'Oulx go to the Del Falco for dinner, you won't be disappointed.
snow report
AxsMan wrote:
Text of the email I just sent them (filled in their customer 'ask us a question' form):

Why is your customer service so completely cr@p?

You have now re-arranged my flight schedules TWICE you ******* morons. Which means I have had to re-arrange my connections TWICE. This costs me TIME and MONEY. I will NEVER fly with you again and will do my utmost to publicise just how appallingly cr@p you are.

(you can score this as a 'not completely satisfied' in your customer feedback file)

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

/rant - exhales slowly and slides back safety catch.

Just received a reply from Thomsonfly:

Thank you for your enquiry.
We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the service you have received. If you wish to make a formal complaint regarding the service you have received please send it to the following address.
Customer support
Concerns and errors
Columbus house
Westwood way
Westwood Business Park
Coventry
CV4 8TT

Kind regards,
ThomsonFly Customer Support

Very helpful (NOT). I've emailed a complaint, and their response is to tell me to write in and complain???

My reply to them:

I wouldn’t waste my time with a company whose only response to an EMAIL complaint is to offer a POSTAL address. What century are you operating in?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
AxsMan, ahh the fine art of complaining. There must be a few dozen world experts on this site who'll be able to help you. Got a feeling Thomson's response might be related to your threat to trash them publically - Know exactly how you feel though.

See, I've had two incidents with BA recently that have been the exact opposite. (1) Managed to turn up 24 hours late for a flight out of Munich (simply got the date wrong in my head). They believed me and despite inflexible ticket, happily put me on the next flight and no mention of money (2) Flying out of Edinburgh last week and my flight was showing a 3 hour delay - again, despite inflexible ticket, they bumped me on to the flight that was just completing loading - I got home earlier than normal. In both cases they were charming and so was I. Can't imagine the low frills guys not wanting a stand-up fight whilst trying to extort more dosh. Go with a full fat airline folks.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
In both cases they were charming and so was I.

Ah....that's the key. You get much further with your comlaint if you are charming. You need to be firm, but polite and understanding. It's a simple part of human nature that you respond better to someone who is being reasonable with you......and that works both ways!
snow report
Bode Swiller, Elizabeth B, Of course you are both right, and when dealing with an 'issue' on the phone or face to face I have always found the 'charming, polite, but slightly disappointed' attitude to be most effective.

However having been screwed over so many times now by TUI, I can't be bothered with charm and would rather just hurl a few insults at them. I'm not looking for a refund, it's too late to change plans. So I'll just draw a little pleasure from lobbing a few verbals at them Laughing

And actually my main aims in posting here are 1) to let the OP know that's he's not alone in being mucked about and that Ryan Air are by no means unique in their poor customer service, and 2) to remind everyone here just how cr@p TUI really are. I know they make mega billions, but of course they also operate on wafer thin margins, and if just a few percent of punters went elsewhere they'd have to improve or die. ( I can hope Laughing )
snow report
Alas AxsMan, you will hope in vain.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy