Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shafted by Ryanair...

Poster: A snowHead
Bode Swiller, thank you, but only the first is ever relevant. I was also surprised that you weren't tempted to include a few red herrings in the German just to see whether I could spot them? Mein deutsch ist nicht sehr gut, aber ich kann Sie verstehen
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the 6.45 out of stanstead on ryan air to salzburg and the return at 9.30 odd pm are such great flight times for me that i'd use em if i had to stand.. actually their seats are so crap standing would probably be more comfy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I also know Finkenberg pretty well. The locals do indeed speak English. I note that you go back because of the people, I presume you mean locals as they will be the ones you are returning to see. If they were not accomodating and were rude by not speaking or trying to speak their customers language making them feel at home they would not be in any business or in particular the leisure business!

You did not get a particulary cheap deal I grant you, and in fairness you help subsidise others that got their ticket for about €10. Well done keep up the good work on behalf of all snowHead 's.

The one thing you need to know is that no frills airlines are not offering an exclusive service, like others on here I do not particulary like the arrogant behaviour of Michael O'Leary and his company but I use his cattle service to get me places, in his case maybe not even to the country I want to end up. ie Copenhagen in Sweden, but it is cheap and I know what to expect. If you expected quality of service use Swiss or someone else not Ryanair.

Have fun on your holiday and relax, you will most probably enjoy the week!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ousekjarr, First, hile Ryanair may do it more often than some, other airlines certainly do sometimes pull flights after yuo have booked them.

And they never offer more than an alternative flight or your moeny back Sad

Second, experiences obvioulsy differ with particular airlines - I would be definitely trying to get on Austrian rather than one of the UK airlines after my experiences last year, when for the homeward journey they were just about the only airline still flying out of Innsbruck. Everybody else was getting 12 hour plus delays, or being transferred to Verona (3-4 hours coach journey away). We took off 10 minutes late!

And we had decent meals out of actual crockery with free wine, in both directions. Madeye-Smiley

But I agree that the most important thing isn't whether they have problems, but rather how they deal with it when problems do arise.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
ousekjarr, obviously, where possible, people on here like to help out. So, to smooth you way here's few phrases tailored to your group's specific needs:

meine Freunde sind fünf Stunden spät - my friends are 5 hours late
ich möchte mich beschweren - I want to complain
mein zimmer ist zu kalt - my room is too cold
die Nahrung ist schrecklich - my meal is terrible
mein Skilehrer nicht sprechen Englisch - my ski instructor doesn't speak my lingo!

I haven't time to accommodate all needs but perhaps some other helpful sHs will jump in with useful phrases

Mein Skilehrer kann kein Englisch - way you said it was wrong NehNeh
Wo ist die toilette? - Where is the toilet
Ich liebe dich und deine suße Hund - I love you and your sweet dog
Österreich ist viel besser dann England - Austria is a lot better then England
Wo ist die Bushaltestelle? - Where is the bus stop
Wo kann ich essen einkaufen gehen - Where can I go food shopping
Snowboarders sind feiglingen - Snowboarders are cowards.

If there's something more specific you want to know...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Wo ist die Bushaltestelle?
Timmaah, you passed up the fabulous opportunity to mislead our Fink'n friends... surely it should be Wo ist die Bustenhalte?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney wrote:
[I would be definitely trying to get on Austrian rather than one of the UK airlines after my experiences last year

Austrian Airlines never seem to be competitively priced, not in the same way as BA or Swiss are, i.e. sub £100 return flights.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, exactly. Der Büstenhalter. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, Helen Beaumont, don't worry, I feel the shame. Must remember my nomnative, accusative, genetive, dative. Apologies to everyone in Finkenberg.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, My thoughts exactly wink masmith, the OP did not manage to get sub £100 flights either.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, The good people of Finkenberg will be able help you brush up your grammar whilst you are waiting for your friends to join you from their later flight wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

let's remember that the UK in general grinds to a halt when more than 3 flakes arrive

this "man in a pub" style moan is irritating. The UK grinds to a halt when it gets unusual weather, for which it is not economical to be equipped. How many snowploughs would each little town in England need to have, to deal as quickly witht snowfalls as small towns in the Alps. And how would the council tax payers like to have to pay for them, and to replace them after X years when they have done 6 hours service? Maybe the British Government should pass legislation requiring all British cars to be equipped with winter tyres, and forbid everyone without them, and chains, to take to the roads when it snows. That'd keep things moving.....

Airports like Geneva grind to a halt when they get a significant snowfall, too, believe me. Hundreds of buses full of UK package tourists spent a miserable time, in holding stations all round the airport, some of them many miles away, when Geneva closed all day one Sunday a couple of years ago. They had 10 cms of snow, which as it happens was exactly the amount which had closed Manchester a week or so previously.

And anybody who has done much winter travelling in the US will know that snow, and icing of planes, causes big delays. A friend who worked there assured me that Washington DC comes to a standstill in the first snows of winter.

Only on busy days (eg Saturdays in February!) do the Alpine roads have to cope with anything like the volume of traffic that is routine in England. And even there, in bad weather, you can spend many hours stuck in traffic jams going nowhere. When the Paris area got unexpected snow, a few years ago, it came to a complete standstill too. No difference, really.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Airports like Geneva grind to a halt when they get a significant snowfall, too, believe me. Hundreds of buses full of UK package tourists spent a miserable time, in holding stations all round the airport, some of them many miles away, when Geneva closed all day one Sunday a couple of years ago. They had 10 cms of snow, which as it happens was exactly the amount which had closed Manchester a week or so previously.

I can certainly confirm the above. After a poor week in La Rosiere (yes, a poor week in La Rosiere) we arrived at Geneva to find the airport closed, flights cancelled etc. A night in nearby hotel then rearranged flight home on Monday, boss not too pleased.

The previous year our flight out of Leeds was delayed for 5 hours due to 1cm of snow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, absolutely, well said. I can visualise them now... waist deep in all that famous Finkenberg powder, moaning about too much snow, wrong skis, feet hurt, itchy underwear, pesky German-speaking locals, interest rates, cost of foreign exchange, British Gas, "I'll threaten that Ryanair with Watchdog. That'll teach them", gassy beer, headache, confused by the time difference, must get back to get the first shower, "oooh it was pork again last night", moan, moan, moan, moan, moan...
ski holidays
Everywhere in Europe is the same. been flying Alitalia the last 6 times and they are the worst with their strikes and pilots with no experience. As most of the budget airlines the pilots does not qualify to fly/land in certain conditions-all depends on the experience. They are separated by classes for vision(in cases of fog), snowfall on the ground and similar criteria. Most of the airlines get pilots with not much experience as they cost less -so they can sell cheap tickets to their costumers... after all we all want tickets for a 10£ and we jump around the house when we find one. With Alitalia and BA had been compensated in several occasions(full refund of the ticket and 3 nights in Hilton Hotel , 50 % discount for the next flight) so i cant complain really... its all down to how big is your mouth i suppose Very Happy
ski holidays
ousekjarr, best keep your head down for a week or two. All very harsh these comments if you ask me, however, fair nonetheless!!!!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Bode Swiller, you missed out Gordon Brown and immigrants.
ski holidays
ousekjarr, by the UK you mean England I hope... we are used to little Snowflakes in the fairer more beautiful land to the North of Englandshire.

... listen... you get extra time in bed while your friends will be tired and whingy because they had to get up well before the crack of dawn.. by the time you meet them they will have had a eat, sh*t and snooze and will be in a better frame of mind. Always look on the positive.. anywhere is nicer than London and Leeds so if who are a few hours delayed escaping from thos ehell holes you will appreciate the beauty even more when you get there!!

(ps. no offence intended to any Leeds/London inhabitants.. the above quote was for illustrative purposes.. even if tinged with a certain amount of truth)
snow conditions
we've just had the same thing happen to us by the scum at thompson fly. Over christmas week - they've changed the outward time forward by 5 hours and the return time backwards by 8 hours!
snow report
Timmaah wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
ousekjarr, obviously, where possible, people on here like to help out. So, to smooth you way here's few phrases tailored to your group's specific needs:

mein Skilehrer nicht sprechen Englisch - my ski instructor doesn't speak my lingo!

I haven't time to accommodate all needs but perhaps some other helpful sHs will jump in with useful phrases

Österreicher ist viel besser als England - Austria is a lot better then England.

The "way you said it was wrong NehNeh"

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 8-11-07 13:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
xjenkins, that is 13 more hours skiing then!!! bonus Very Happy
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, 13 hours less Sad they've changed the flight into salzburg to arrive in the afternoon rather than the morning and the flight back to london from the evening to the morning....scum!
snow report
DB wrote:
Timmaah wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Österreicher ist viel besser als England - Austria is a lot better then England.

The "way you said it was wrong NehNeh"

Actually no, Österreicher = Austrians so it would be:

Österreicher sind viel besser als Englander - Austrians are a lot better than Englishmen
ski holidays
ousekjarr, You are not alone, and it's not only Ryanair who Be Nice please! with your best laid plans.

Thomsonfly have just emailed me to say that they are changing the times of my outward and inward flights from Coventry to Salzburg from 07:25 (out) to 12:40 and 17:20 (back) to 21:55. Needless to say this completely Be Nice please! my pre-booked connections. Evil or Very Mad

I'm going to phone and rant at them tomorrow but I don't suppose it will do any good. If I can get a refund I'll bloody walk there rather than give the ladies' bottoms a penny. This is the third time Thomson have Be Nice please! up a skiing holiday for me. You'd think I would have learned - NEVER TRUST THEM, THEY WILL SCREW YOU AROUND AND THEY DON'T CARE. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

/rant (for now)
latest report
AxsMan, that's very poor but, you're right, ranting will probably make you feel slightly better but achieve not much. On the plus side... that late return flight will give you a full day of sliding around.

From the timings it looks like your plane is fitting in a quick Alicante and back with the OAPs.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
From the timings it looks like your plane is fitting in a quick Alicante and back with the OAPs.

rolling eyes Gits! Laughing

I WILL have my revenge. At the very least I shall get sh1tfaced on both flights and vomit on their upholstery Twisted Evil
snow report
Quote:

At the very least I shall get sh1tfaced on both flights and vomit on their upholstery
I didn't know you were a Ski Club member
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller,

(I am, as it happens Toofy Grin ) Laughing I meant MORE sh1tfaced than usual Laughing
ski holidays
Timmaah wrote:
Actually no, Österreicher = Austrians so it would be:

Österreicher sind viel besser als Englander - Austrians are a lot better than Englishmen

No it wouldn't, mine was a typo yours was a genuine mistake NehNeh
snow report
AxsMan, the exact same thing happened to us, there is a guarantee on their website that if they move the flight by more than 3 hours they will give you all your money back - i called last night and got a full refund including fees

here is the guarantee (at the bottom of the page) - call them and you will get a refund -
LINK
snow conditions
AxsMan wrote:
ousekjarr, You are not alone, and it's not only Ryanair who Be Nice please! with your best laid plans.

Thomsonfly have just emailed me to say that they are changing the times of my outward and inward flights from Coventry to Salzburg from 07:25 (out) to 12:40 and 17:20 (back) to 21:55. Needless to say this completely Be Nice please! my pre-booked connections. Evil or Very Mad

I'm going to phone and rant at them tomorrow but I don't suppose it will do any good. If I can get a refund I'll bloody walk there rather than give the ladies' bottoms a penny. This is the third time Thomson have Be Nice please! up a skiing holiday for me. You'd think I would have learned - NEVER TRUST THEM, THEY WILL SCREW YOU AROUND AND THEY DON'T CARE. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

/rant (for now)

Strange times, they have changed our return flight from 18.00ish to 11.10 in the morning so we have lost one of our 5 days aswell.....not too chuffed about that. The refund will be a bit of a disappointment I suspect as we only paid 2.50 each!
ski holidays
And now they have just changed flight times again!

flight out is now 11.00 (arrives 14:05) was originally 07:25 arrive 10:30 and was then changed to 12:40 arrive 15:45. I can't even be bothered to look at what the return has become. Don' think I'll bother re-re arranging transfers as it could all change again. Don't think I'll EVER fly with Thomson again either Evil or Very Mad

They are a bunch of useless Be Nice please! ladies' bottoms who don't know the meaning of 'customer service'. I now intend to make it my mission in life to cause them as much grief as I possibly can Twisted Evil
snow report
Text of the email I just sent them (filled in their customer 'ask us a question' form):
>>>>

Why is your customer service so completely cr@p?

You have now re-arranged my flight schedules TWICE you Be Nice please! morons. Which means I have had to re-arrange my connections TWICE. This costs me TIME and MONEY. I will NEVER fly with you again and will do my utmost to publicise just how appallingly cr@p you are.

(you can score this as a 'not completely satisfied' in your customer feedback file)
<<<<<

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

/rant - exhales slowly and slides back safety catch.
snow conditions
Yawn
latest report
AxsMan wrote:

...You have I will NEVER fly with you again and will do my utmost to publicise just how appallingly cr@p you are...

Good luck, but being part of the world's largest travel organisation (which turned over €7 Billion in the 3rd quarter of this year) they may not care Sad

snowHead
snow report
ousekjarr, "I know that you get what you pay for - but Thomsonfly, Easyjet, Jet2 and BMI seem to manage to provide flights for the same price, and without the high likelihood of being messed about"

Wrong.. Our flight on the 18th December with Thomsonfly has been brought forward by 2 days!!! It puts your few hours delay into perspective don't you agree?
snow report
2 days Shocked Oh, the joys of charter flights Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Michelle, that's ridiculous, no wonder you're mad. Will you be able to sort it all out? Puzzled
snow conditions
pam w, Laughing I was proclaiming at the disruption caused by Thomsonfly to dk100,
dk100 wrote:
Our flight on the 18th December with Thomsonfly has been brought forward by 2 days!!!

I wouldn't fly full price any more unless I had to wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy