Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

off piste course

Poster: A snowHead
Was thinking about doing an off piste 2/3 day group course this season and/or maybe an avalanche/mountain group awareness course.
Any recommendations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GordonFreeman Any recommendations?

Have a look at the weblinks on our ski school page, most of them do courses of this nature.

http://www.apexmorzine.com/skiSchool.htm
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Alpine Experience (www.alpineexperience.com) and Henry's Avalanche talk (www.henrysavalanchetalk.com) in Val d'Isere
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No have a look at my links page... ????????????

If this is fair, by all means please look at my links page, http://www.skiextra.co.uk/links.html where you can also find information on courses from Warren Smiths courses to personal one-on-one avalanche awareness.

GordonFreeman, any thoughts on where you would do this course?

It's always a good idea to do avalanche / mountain awareness courses.

What are your goals from this course?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My main goals are to get more awareness of off piste dangers and then obviously ski more off piste.
I figured these courses would be ideal in a group not only for the social side of it but because I can do a whole few days on purely this whereas a week away with mates invariably ends up skiing on piste 95% of the time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GordonFreeman, Saw your post about Innsbruck go to st anton and book with a course with www.pistetopowder.com. Train from Innbruck straight into St Anton.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mountain Tracks do avalanche awareness (and other) courses.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GordonFreeman, I'd second PhillipStanton recommendation for a dedicated course from Mountain Tracks.

You could also just go into a guides office in the resort you are in and ask them what they offer. In Verbier there are are lots of these sorts of courses run early season for the seasonaires, and relatively cheap to book onto.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Okay, and would it be better doing the avalanche course first and then an off piste course some other time?
Reason I ask is that it's no good doing all the off piste technique only to not know about danger signs when skiing off piste with a buddy...?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GordonFreeman, if you can spare a week, then this SCGB week might fill the bill. I have skied with one of the guides (Jim Kerr) and if he's a measure of the others, then I would say it will be time well spent.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gonna have to be 3/4 day courses I reckon as I have already booked a week away and rapidly running out of holiday days Smile
Problem is most of the off piste foundation courses are 7/8 day jobs...
Avalanche courses are easy enough 2/3 days...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mountain Tracks offer quality off piste courses. If you want just a morning you might try www.ski-instruction-tignes.co.uk
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GordonFreeman,
I got this guy on a return for a google search for something else, http://www.sanderkan.com/?page=ski_training,

I am not an experienced off pister(or an inexperienced one for that mater) and I have no experience of him or know anyone else who has but it would appear he does 2 and 4 day courses.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You mis-spelled the url, it's http://www.sanderkan.com/?page=ski_training without the comma added at the end....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
awsome of piste with pete silva http://www.alpinecoaching.co.uk/ snowHead
snow conditions
I'd second Pete Silver-Gillespie: www.alpinecoaching.co.uk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy