Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

American School Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi There guys,

me and a group of friends are more than likely off to Winter Park in Feb/March as my friend is a snowboarding instructor for the resort - so we hope to be able to stay with him!

Anyway to the point - Does anyone know when the American school holidays are for 2008 - He told us to avoid these as we will then be able to meet up with him for him to give us a few lessons and come riding with us!

if anyone can point me in the right direction - I was just going to phone a school in Denver, Colorado and see how I get on unless anyone else can offer advice?

Thanks
Dan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iceman_louis, Breckenridge's website lists the main US holiday periods, I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You'd better be phoning a few hundred schools. Smile

Unlike the French, US school holidays are decided by, well, the school! So it can be any time.

Though most of them falls on the month of March.

Totally not related to school, which means even I get a day off, it the 3rd Monday of Feb. And traditionally, a lot of skiers take the entire week off to ski! Reason being, that happens to be the time frame majority of resorts have the best snow.

As a result, traditionally, the week after that is often the quietest week of the best part of the season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
President's day is 18th Feb.
Spring Break is usually 2nd or 3rd week of March for most schools/universities.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So in summation - Mid Feb to the first week in March should be fine??
Anyone been to Winter Park/Fraser before??
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry what I wrote wasn't terribly clear. Here it is:

The 3rd week of Feb is the worst week in terms of crowd (and busy ski school).

The best week is probably the last week of Feb. And the first week of March shouldn't be too bad, as Martin pointed out.

As far as crowd on the slope, I don't remember much problem during March. I always believe it's partly due to the fact schools have their holiday all over the winter, therefore spreading the crowd ou. But ski school might get busy during mid-March when more schools having their mid-term break.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy