Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2007-2008

Poster: A snowHead
snowangel., why not do a review on the 'beast' in the snowboard section, please .....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowangel., Many thanks for the reports. The vivid pictures have wetted my appetite for Serre Chevalier! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops, ok will do!
Christopher, and easiski, thanks no worries i love doing it, its like rushing home to tell my mates whats been going on!

Christopher, see you here next season! I'll show you around a bit if you like!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowangel. wrote:
rayscoops, ok will do!
Christopher, and easiski, thanks no worries i love doing it, its like rushing home to tell my mates whats been going on!

Christopher, see you here next season! I'll show you around a bit if you like!

Or gloating Very Happy wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100, i suppose it could be like that, but i hope it doesn't come accros like that cos its not meant to be. I post on other forums and i'm not allowed to say anything about serre che without having my head bitten off that i'm either spamming them for business or gloating. I am doing neither, but there are lots of folks who do come here and do want to know! And as i've said I love doing it!

if it does come accross as gloating i am sorry its not mean to be! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowangel., my bro in law has been a Serre Che fan for several years but he never showed me pics like yours! OMG! I usually drive the family to PdS, but I suspect Serre Che is too far to sensibly drive. What's the easiest/cheapest/quickest way to get there?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowangel., every one loves the reports and dan100 is only joking, but if i was out somewhere for a season i would really be gloating Laughing but also providing reports too. Having real time reports is what every one wants so thanks for the pics this season. I think that anyone who can be bothered to share pics and post reports is worth their weight in gold, whether they are gloating/have a business/do not have a business or what ever Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, coolio! Very Happy i did know he was joking that is why i dont both with any other forum to do a snow report! Very Happy

andyph, it is very drivable to! Takes from calais 10hours roughly. straight to Lyon, grenoble, serre che! Or you can fly to Turin (quickest and easiest) Grenoble, Lyon, marseille, or Milan, there are lots and lots of options. I even know of people who have taken the train.

If you do want any help or advice feel free to pm me i'm more than happy to help!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyph wrote:
snowangel., my bro in law has been a Serre Che fan for several years but he never showed me pics like yours! OMG! I usually drive the family to PdS, but I suspect Serre Che is too far to sensibly drive. What's the easiest/cheapest/quickest way to get there?

Really easy to get here. We do it all the time.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowangel.,

Thank you yet again for all your reports and photos, you do a fantastic job and it is very much appreciate and I am sure not just by me but also many other snowheads as well. Looking forward to December when hopefully you will be providing us all with another season of out-standing reports, photos and invaluable advice.

Have a great summer
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowangel., I think I may have to take you up on that offer. That'd be great thanks! snowHead

Anyway here is to a great season for 2008-2009!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
After 5 or 6 years of alps snowboarding, & ive spent time in alpe duex, dux alpes, la plagne, la contamine, i can honestly say that Serre Che was the best ever, ever ever, resort /conditions/ snowfall/ apres/ you name it. Cool Madeye-Smiley Blush Little Angel snowHead Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The snow is melting and causing trouble in Villenerve. This is usualy a tiny mountain stream, situated next to the Frejus bubble lift. It has started to wash the road away and has taken out a few large trees. The digger was in action all day removing the bigger boulders.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chris, Shocked . Let's hope there are no floods. I can see from webcam pics that there is still a fair amount of snow up on the tops.
'
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

ive spent time in alpe duex, dux alpes

Where? Laughing
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, there has been a huge amount of rainfall in the last 48 hours and it's still coming down now. I'm off up the valley today to get some photos of the point where the Le Casse glacier valley meets the Guisane. That should be spectacular! I'll let you know of the height of the river near your place.
ski holidays
Lizzard, Best ever was 'alpe de hooey', and 'ducks alps' is quite common as you know. I wonder what amazing convolutions there are for Serre Chevalier?

chris, Be careful and good luck - I was involved twice in floods in Stubaital which washed away massive amounts of road and farmland (to say nothing of my car and caravan) in just this sort of situation: heavy late winter snow, warm temps, rain ......
latest report
easiski, thanks for the warning. I didn't get too close to anything risky.
Helen Beaumont, the river is ok by your place. 5 ft from the bank although you can see that some of the car park has been washed away!

Things don't look so good in Le Casse. At the higher end of the village, the river drops sharply and some of the gardens are covered. Lower down, by the church, it's within 18 inches of bursting it's banks.

ski holidays
chris, fingers crossed that no-one gets injured. I don't think I'll be rafting this year, even if it has dried up a bit by July.
snow report
Has there ever been flooding before in the Guisaine valley?
ski holidays
Christopher, yes. Link to abstract I found on google. http://www.springerlink.com/content/90d4u77414tl8fw6/ Locals will be able to tell you more I'm sure. There are some building free zones along the valley close to the river. We were told about them when we bought the apartment
snow report
Christopher, 24th July 1995 for certain.
ski holidays
The camping site at Chantemerle was hit badly by flooding that year and has not been in use since, for fear of a repeated catastrophe.
ski holidays
When I was looking for our apartment I found a UK school field trip report on the internet about the flood too, but it doesn't seem to be there now.
ski holidays
I've had reports from some kayakers who were interested in staying at the apartment of drowned kayakers, a local resident swept to their death trying to take photos (be careful Chris), and a helicopter rescue of some rafters from the Guisane.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, another helicopter rescue this morning! I don't know the details. The river is a very dangerous place to be right now. I would accuse the 'paddlers' of being mad to go on it, but it is their version of our 'bottomless' powder.
snow report
chris, The kayakers are already looking at your pics on Snowmediazone with as much interest as we would be of thuge snowfall . One of them stayed at the apartment last year, and asked me if I'd heard anything. I've posted the thumbnails on their forum, hope you don't mind. They are hoping for levels to fall next week.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, no problem with that.
One of the deaths was an English guy called Chris. He was swept into the river while photographing it on Monday!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chris, glad i didn't read that before you'd posted Shocked
latest report
chris, Helen Beaumont, the man in question was the father of my sons best friend. its so so sad, he was only found at the weekend
snow report
snowangel., awful. Sad .
ski holidays
we have fresh snow on the grand serre and quite a bit on the cucamel

i am officially sick of the rain
snow report
snowangel., about time there was some summer weather. We'll be out in early July and will hopefully bring some with us, it is warm and sunny here today.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, dont!!!!

my freinds in england keep txting me when its sunny! so not fair!

i am back at the hotel Plein sud, if we do get any sun, come and have some lunch here its really rather nice!
snow conditions
snowangel., OK, I will do.
ski holidays
Hi all!!
Just returning to the forum to say I am returning to Serre Chevalier once again on the 9th of Jan!! Cool
-Cant wait!!!
snow conditions
boardstupid, Happy
snow conditions
Boardstupid - good man. I'm starting to organise our trip and it's looking like Serre Che again! Said we'd go somewhere different every year but last Jan was too good!
snow conditions
solstice21, Check out Chalet Pyrene with Rocketski, -we got a great deal booked with them on the 9th Jan.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy