Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2007-2008

Poster: A snowHead
22/03/08

i am rendered speachless (which is pretty amazing in itsself!)

pics to follow they will speak for themselves Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
even the picnic table was happy to see so much snow this morning

the Prorel from my balcony

the Grande Serre just after they opend the lift, it didn't stay untracked for long, and two them tracks were ours! but here its realtively trackless

and a bit further round

and Le Cucamel, before we hiked a bit and put tracks in it ourselves! snow was very deep and heavy in monetier, prefered it over in Chantemerle but wasn't complaning with freshies in monetier too!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowangel., you lucky lucky thing...............
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowangel.,

Amazing. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My DH and I were there when the snows began and skied to the best of our ability through some of it. Amazing and darn hard work for someone who is used to skiing in the States on ice! But we had a blast in our week with two bouts of snow and some good conditions. Wish we were there this weekend to take true advantage of the snow but it was still a lot of fun for some Londoners to experience that much snow! Enjoy!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
got back on Sat from an amazing week in Serre Che, minor freshies on Sun and then pow pow days on Monday and Friday, absolutely awsome!!!!!

had intended to ride over to monetier on Friday but the balme lift was closed (probably a good thing as the cat track down to cucmelle would have been tricky in the poor vis) so we missed our appointment at les bains (the baths), we didn't want to waste the trip so just bought a couple of towels, got changed in the snow and dived in the river outside (it was hot water by the way!).

Nice pizzas at the cafe soleil snowangel., !!! sorry i should have looked out for you and said hello.

My fave runs were those off the Aguilette lift, quiet, powdery and good vis in the trees. was amazed at the lack of queues for lifts, had dinner at the petit pont on Wednesday which was superb.

I'll be back!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Guys especially Helen Beaumont (I'm Steve we spoke about 2 weeks ago re. your apartment) and snowangel. We returned to SC last Monday after travelling to Montlucon to show our Norwegian Elkhound in a dog show. She got best of breed! Got back yesterday from Serre after leaving Saturday morning and having to leave behind all that lovely fresh snow. Wife and I made it out for a few hours on Friday in the snow and I took the monoski for the crack! Vis was pretty poor but we couldn't afford to not give it at least a token go. We had to dig the car out from Monetier where we were staying and we're glad we had a 4x4. Yesterday at Boulogne it was mayhem as there was heavy snow on the approach and cars were everywhere. Again the 4x4 came into its own but the traffic meant we missed the Speed Ferry. Still home now and planning our future for living in SC. Enjoy, Regards, Kneehigh
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KneehighninjaGood luck with the house hunting. Sorry you caught me at a bad moment, I had just arrived in Wengen at the SnowHeads PSB. Pleased Mel managed to sort you out with some accommodation.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowing but not heavily
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
couple of centimeters cover this morning. windy and cold Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great shot of the Cucamelle - remember it well Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i'm told the snow is really nice! very very very windy and cold up there today. Not enough snow to make clearing the terrace a long job. Hate my new job, not speaking enough french to make it worth it. Off to laax next week then i think i'm just gonna snowboard till the end of the season and knock this working malarky on the head!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
did ya miss me?????
it feels like forever since i went riding here, it has been nearly 2 weeks! That is disgracefull!
Well after a week of riding in Laax, which was great when the snow came, but quite frankly is a crap resort and far too flat (for those of you who know it do you like the crap pun!)

anyway,
am back on a decent mountain with no up hill bits. Was told it was s*it up there, but it wasn't! rock hard on a few runs but generally very good cover and still very very nice! Certainly no complaints from me.
Bit slushy at cafe sol and that area but generally very veyr nice. piste from Prorell had REAL snow on i! was very nice!
luc alphond was hysterical, very slushy and moguley, was amusing watching my friend who had not skiied in 2 years falling down it!
Snow due tomorrow, bring it on, i am very ready for it.

The snow was awesome when it came in laax, but i did spend the whole time wishing i had that snow in serre che, maybe tomorrow that dream will come true!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., good to hear a report from the Brianconnais area. It's been a while since anyone posted on Serre Che.

Convinced my family to go to Serre Che for christmas 2008. This thread has been more than useful proving to them that the area has a good snow record! Look foward to going over the cumacelle, down luc alphand and all the parts of the area that you have described. I can just imagine myself in the baths after a long chirstmas day on the piste in the baths.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowangel., good to see you back - I was thinking you'd been away a while. Sounds like my experience in Wengen! Soooooo good to be back home and in a region with both sun and snow! Very Happy It looks as though it's going to snow for most of the next 2 weeks. When are you closing?
ski holidays
easiski, 10 days worth will do me nicely, and some sun from the 18th for the weekend
snow report
easiski, we close the 26th, quit my new job so i now have every day to ride! awesome!

will be up your way but maybe not till next week now.

Helen Beaumont, quite a bit of rain forecast too, fingers crossed for cold temps. Mountain is still holding up very very well, similar to how it was in feb!
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Are you out again? We close 27th but I think LG will be open later this year. Hope so. Very Happy

snowangel., If you fancy a cuppa before heading home give me a bell.
snow conditions
easiski, just a weekend from 17th to 21st .
snow conditions
snowangel., great pictures don't let anyone ski on that snoiw till i get there!
snow report
JulesB, i'll try wink and you'll be pleased to know they're laying some fresh for you right now!
snow report
yesterday it snowed all day. it was +8 at the bottom of the cass de beauf at 1.30 and it was still snowing! pistes were in great condition, just enough snow to make them fab. the off piste was great too, what i did of it, which wasn't much as i have a friend who ski's and hasn't skied for 2 years here and generally doesn't do off piste, however i got him doing a bit! I was also out with my mate in a sit ski, so a piste day for us!
Anyway snow in valley changed to rain and its been raining on and off since. raining at 1400m heavily now. off up the m ountain in a mo to find out how high the limit of snow/rain is. hoping its not to high.
latest report
just back
vefry very wet day that was!
raining at times at serre ratier, but snowing there when i left, however the piste were like water Sad however up top it is just awesome
no one around, the off piste was great and totally untracked and the on piste had a foot of pow on it too!
still raining down here and snowing very heavily up there.

more of the same due for tomorrow, just prey it dont rain too high up and ruin it all

oh and my 7 year old did her first bit of real off piste in pow today, awesome
snow report
snowangel., I am praying hard to the snowgod.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, I'm listening
snow conditions
Just had enjoying 20minutes reading over all over the posts from the topic Serre Chevalier 2006-7.

Its all about procrastinating with exams! should be revising.
snow conditions
JulesB, not doing a good job listening then! its raining and has been solidly since last night, well on and off but more on than off and its kept me awake most of the night too! 5degrees here, not sure how high up its still raining too, sure hope not that high and there will be some snow up the top!
snow due saturday to resort, but will it be toooo late?
i sure hope not!
ski holidays
snowangel., http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Webcam-Monetier-le-Bachas-en looks like he may have been listening after all wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, if you'd have seen and heard the rain, i hate to think what it would be like under that, but i am also tooo hungove to go find out!
tomorrow i promise!
everyone else has gone to montgenevre today as teh snow will definately be better, and down to resort level
snow report
snowangel., webcams look decent in Monetier though, and text from guest says the snow is great this morning.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, going up will let you know
not convinced
ski holidays
Certainly a lot of fresh stuff hanging from the trees.
snow report
Enjoy your afternoon.
ski holidays
its not the fresh i'm worried about, its the amount of ice underneath.
it was raining up to the top of clot gautier two days ago and possibly yesterday as well.

we will see
latest report
well it was ok, but only ok. above 2200m the snow was good, bellow it was a whole different ball game.

very cold, very windy (half of villeneuve lifts shut and eggs in chantemerle) very slushy at serre ratier, top of grande serre was good, middle was rock hard bottom was slushy!

still we are in april, what more can you expect from a mountain that got rained over from top to bottom and severly! the whole place is still white and you can still ride into resort.
the forecast is for snow down to the resort level, and it needs it, well i say that but with only 2 weeks left we dont really need it, its just i want it!
snow report
Quote:
This thread has been more than useful proving to them that the area has a good snow record!

Christopher, to be really pedantic, it proves nothing of the sort. It proves that the area had good snow at the time (as does everywhere else, come to that, it's a fantastic end to the season). To talk about a "snow record" you need a long series of statistics! Equally, last year, when conditions were horrible, it didn't prove that the area had a "poor snow record".
snow report
pam w, except , like you, we actually had reasonable conditions last winter when many were suffering.
ski holidays
much better conditions today.
rode everywhere but briancon. hiked cucamel, disapointing but ok monetier snow was ermmmmmm not that amazing, best snow was actually in villeneuve where it was hidden from all the wind yesterday.

did however get some totally awesome lines and was riding alone (always my favourite with my music) really cant complain as its mid april. chatted to a tourist on a lift who was gushing as to how grea the snow was, and for this time of year i guesse it is good, its just i'm spoilt!

snow due tonight and tomorrow, bring it on
snow conditions
snowangel., a great end to the season.
latest report
oh dear..................

its snowing!

better get my bottom out of bed and get up that mountain!

oh and i just bought me a swallow tail Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy