Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Boarding group wanted.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm looking for people/ group to go snow boarding in Europe over Christams travel from around the 21st December.
Nothing booked yet.
Or if anyone knows of a great place for a single snow boarder to go, accomidation/ place etc.

Any help would be great.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
eco,
Quote:

Or if anyone knows of a great place for a single snow boarder to go, accomidation/ place etc.

Hiya, well we went to Les Gets last year and a friend came too - Our place was too small so he booked into the Hotel Le Boomerang www.leboomerang.com - It's very nice and friendly (basic) but nice enough if you want to go on your own. Les Gets is a lovely place, we are going again next Feb, snowboarding for a week. Can't wait now!

Hope you get somet sorted hun wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Leedslips wrote:
eco,
Quote:

Hiya, well we went to Les Gets last year and a friend came too - Our place was too small so he booked into the Hotel Le Boomerang www.leboomerang.com - It's very nice and friendly (basic) but nice enough if you want to go on your own. Les Gets is a lovely place, we are going again next Feb, snowboarding for a week. Can't wait now!

Hope you get somet sorted hun wink
Many thanks for the information.
I will give it a look, went to Morzine last Christmas (Christmas week), snow was poor and icy and packed with Germans. lol
Stayed in the very centre of Morzine village.

Where you going in Feb?
I have a small group of friends for that period who are interested, we are thinking of Canada, almost guaranteed good snow conditions and cheap prices in comparison with Christmas anyway.

Thanks Again
Justin

Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Justin, yeah I can imagine Morzine at Christmas, with the Germans lol - when we went to Les Gets in Feb we had a big dump which was really cool but then it rained and froze - and I fell and hit my head lol, that was very painful. It was covered in ice and I'm just hoping that next February when we go to Les Gets that it's colder.......

We were thinking of Canada maybe next year, it's just soooo snow sure - but a wee bit expensive. Might see ya sometime, where 'bouts in Leeds so you reside? I'm from Yeadon originally but live in Rothwell now - much closer to Xscape wink and the skiiers Twisted Evil

Catch ya l8er Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Jo (i think your Jo)

Good god how expensive is it to get a single trip, last year i paid £360 each 2 of us and a 2 room flat centre of Morzine Christmas week.
This year travelling on my own at the same time £600- £800, miles away from the centre using buses to get around and a single room rather than 2 rooms.
Its madness, i suppose on a positive side at least i can meet up with other like minded people on a single trip.

I must do Canada like you say snow sure, im not sure it will be more expensive than Europe as the deals at Christmas will cost the same as Canada in February March from what i have seen. Not an expert by any means.

I reside in West Leeds, Wortley in a great area quiet (many old people) and a local part to walk the Dog.

So are you a skier or snow boarder?

Speak soon

Justin

I will PM you my email.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, I'm Jo. It's really expensive isn't it - we got cheaper flights this year, going the week after half term and flying into Geneva - taking our lad out of school for the week is saying us £800 believe it or not, it's nuts isn't it!

So, living in Wortley do you get over to Xscape much?
Quote:

So are you a skier or snow boarder?

We are snowboarders, you? - We learnt about 18 months ago so this is only our 2nd trip, but we are totally obsessed with it, it's very addictive.... I think you're a boarder, you better be wink

Thanks for ur email addy!

Jo Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Jo

Well if i am to speak the truth i do both, if the conditions are less than perfect (last Christmas) i skied for a day.

But as a general rule i would snow board over skiing although i am better at skiing than snow baording right now, but getting my game up to speed now. Working on cutting up skiers. lol
I always find it funny that skiers’ hate snow boards and vice versa in some ways i see both points when I’m on ski's i hate snow boards and when on a snow board i hate skiers’.
It just gives me something else to moan about when im there. lol

So what do you do? as you must have access to the internet during your work, or maybe you are a lady of leisure and enjoy loads of time free to do what you want. lol

Justin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LMFAO Justin Twisted Evil , I'm deffo just a boarder, never had a go at skiing just doesn't appeal really! I never realised there was sooo much hate between the two until we started going regular to Xscape @ CAS - Now it's a constant getting on the old tits kinda thing!!! lol Love it!

What do I do? Well I work in Shipley and run my own Express import and export courier business so I'm on the net all day emailing and such like. I would lurve to be a lady of leisure!!!! What about you? (Would you like to be a lady of leisure?) - No seriously, what do you do?

Quote:

i skied for a day.

I will let you off, but only this once!!!

Cya x
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eco, That was an exceptional price for that time of the year. Was it a last minute deal? If so the snow was really bad and that may have been the reason nobody wanted to go to les gets because of conditions. We go to the PdS every year and a friend was there xmas week, everyone from Morzine and the lower areas had to commute to Avoriaz and they rationed the lift passes, you could only get a daily pass. £600 -£800 for that time of year would be the norm. We get about €1500 for that week.

Enjoy the holiday anyway.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Roy

No the deal was this year on one of the single persons hotel sites, didn't save the link as it was not of interest. We travel every year over Christmas normally book everything separate. So maybe I have been spoilt with low cost Christmas trips.
Hope this answer the question.

Justin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jo,
Had to look that one up LMFAO. I like it.

In response to your fine offer of being a lady of leisure, if i could just do all the things i wanted to do i would go for the Change. lol
But back to reality, i can't do what i want all the time so will have to wait.
As for the day of skiing shock horror it was the best day on the trip, boarding on ice is no fun with only one edge to play with so i felt two edges may help me reduce the size of my back bottom. It was a small athletic back bottom at the start of the trip. lol
Anyway snow boarding is supposed to be cool, i looked like a tumble weed coming down the mountain.

What do i do? I started a business last year in renewable energy and believe it or not have spent a long time trying to understand importing goods, still not up to speed.
Imported some sample last year. All a bit of a nightmare to be honest, will be trying harder next time. lol
So any free training or advice wouldn't be turned down.

Justin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Justin,

Well that's it ya see, the lady of leisure thing is cool if you can still have money to go with it to pay for all these expensive extreme sports we like getting into!

Snowboarding is cool, if like you say you don't look like a tumble weed hurtling down the mountain face at stupid speeds lol - wish I could have seen that Laughing - That's pretty much what I was like on the "ice" last year, I soon reached out for my butt pads and helmet, I aint risking banging mi 'ead again...it makes my eyes water even just thinking about it!

So, your biz in renewable energy - how's it going? As for importing hun, just call me - I'd sort it all out for ya. I have a large discount with DHL express who bring in all my imports from China, USA and other places.

So, you never answered my earlier question ... do u go to Xscape @ CAS? If you do, you had better snowboard or else! wink

Catch ya l8er hun, Jo x Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry Jo.
Your right i didn't answer you question got caught up talking about me again. lol

Yes I have been to Cas twice and both times snow boarded you will be glad to know, i take it you go there allot?
As for the importing stuff am i ok to email you, not keep on talking on open source about business.

Speak soon

Justin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's ok and I'm glad you did the right thing. We don't go a lot, not anymore, it's not the same as being on a mountain so just go to keep up with it really.

It's my birthday at the begining of December so we're gonna check the new Chill Factore out at Manchester, looks wicked!

I have PM'd you my email addy's - feel free hun, I'm at work 'til 5:15pm Sad

Jo
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just taken a look at the web site, yes looks good.

Speak soon

Justin
ski holidays
hey eco - i';m looking for people for my trip to les gets this xmas. leaving on the 21st and you can stay till the 30th dec - so 9 days skiing!

it's been dumping heavily in les gets - they've got 19cm forecast on tuesday and it's going to snow all the way inbetween! they've also got the snow cannons going too....all good news!

anyhoo - here's the chalet - fully catered, own chef and everything. airport transfers include (flight isn't though)

let me know if you are interested?

http://thechaletexperience.com/skiholidaychalet.php

we've got 6 confirmed so far - a mixture of guys and gals - mainly 28-38 mixed ability.

cheers
snow conditions
Queen_sheba

Sorry haven't replyed, not been here. Im sure all the spaces have gone now anyway and i got fixed up with a trip to Marhofen.
I will get a trip sorted much earler next time. So if you go every year please PM me you email address and maybe i set up a trip next year.

Cheers for the offer.
Have a great time
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy