Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel recommendation in Zermatt needed

Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning on doing the BASI Mountain Safety Module in April at Zermatt.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good value hotel? Nothing fancy, but comfortable and with good food.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PhillipStanton, we stayed at the Ambassador last season. Good-sized rooms, nice lobby and bar area, good ski/boot/locker room, pretty decent food, friendly staff. It's handy for the Gornergrat railway and fairly close to the town centre. Not so handy for the Klein Matterhorn lifts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed at the Hotel Europe last week. It's a 3 star with very nice rooms & free wifi, but the best thing about it is the 5-course dinner every night. Very friendly people, and handy for the village.

http://www.europe-zermatt.ch/

Highly recommended.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've stayed in the Hotel Sonne (4*, very nice) and have had good recommendations from other people of the Butterfly (3*).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would second telford mike's recommendation of the Hotel Europe. I stayed there last year in summer. Good food, and for Zermatt good value IMO.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks.

Must admit that the "Eventful Swimming Pool" in the hotel Europe takes my fancy. After a hard day on the slopes... wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
another vote for the Sonne
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PhillipStanton wrote:
I'm planning on doing the BASI Mountain Safety Module in April at Zermatt.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good value hotel? Nothing fancy, but comfortable and with good food.

Stayed in the Matterhornblick, only B+B but very central for everything. There's lots of decent places to eat in Zermatt. Its quite reasonable ..... by Zermatt costs and is very clean and welcoming.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhillipStanton,

Quote:

Tepidarium pool and Hay bath

look equally as eventful.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B wrote:
PhillipStanton,

Quote:

Tepidarium pool and Hay bath

look equally as eventful.

Indeed snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stay within 300 meters of a major lift. It makes life much easier.

The Perren or Sonne will meet your needs.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
www.hotelbahnhof.com
No stars no food but clean and central plus vv cheap
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
my two cents - hotel butterfly, but then i have not stayed anywhere else... found them very helpful
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone. That almost certainly gives me enough choice.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You could try the Youth Hostel. http://www.youthhostel.ch/zermatt

We've run a junior training week staying in the Youth "Palace" in Davos for the last two years, and this year are going to the Zermatt one, which is supposed to be of equivalent standard. Which means good beds, en-suite bathrooms, good and plentiful food - but rather basic decor/furnishings.
ski holidays
i liked hotel testa grigia. it was relatively cheap but very nice. great breakfast but no other meals included but there are some great little restaurants within a few blocks ranging from cheap pub food to expensive 4 course meals. it is right in the heart of town and just a block from the gornergrat train. but a bit farther to the other base lifts. i imagine if you are there in april for a clinic this will most likely take place on klein matterhorn so you might want to look for accomodations nearer to the furi lifts but that time of year getting on a bus will be easy. you can also take the gornergrat train up to findelbach or landtunnel and ski down to trockner sted....assuming there is still snow that low down.
snow report
I like the Youth Hostel, we stayed there in the summer, and like Rob above stayed at Davos in the Youth palace.

It's easy to book online, you can book a room or a bed in a shared room. Zermatt hostel is well placed, quite high on the edge of the village, less than 10 minutes to all lifts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy