Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where did you buy your skis online?

Poster: A snowHead
And did you get a bargain?!

Links please! they will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks snowHead [/u]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ebay, from a German seller and yes they were a bargain, £150 delivered to my door for brand new skis (Elan magfires)
A friend got a pair of new 05/06 K2 Recons for £230 delivered at the start of this year from Sport Conrad, they are very good as well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lynseyf wrote:
Ebay, from a German seller and yes they were a bargain, £150 delivered to my door for brand new skis (Elan magfires)
A friend got a pair of new 05/06 K2 Recons for £230 delivered at the start of this year from Sport Conrad, they are very good as well.

It seems that German sellers are the way to go!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got mine from Snowheads very own Admin through the discount Elan ski's thread in the buy and sell forum
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got mine from this shop:

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got my daughters skis from here: http://www.sportpalette.de/

I saved about 20% on the price.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Adrenaline, a French seller. Probably saved c. 30% after taking into account delivery charges.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steep and Cheap for my Big Troubles - great buy Smile

Ebay is good for some ... I got my K2's there(german seller)

Stockli dealer sold me his demo skis (beat my friend to them) as they were no longer being made in that profile....

My old Volkl's (P somethings) came from an instructor - she got them on a good deal and we bought them cheap from her without bindings, added bindings I had spare, sold for more than I paid for them 1.5 years after I got them.... I am told they because good patrol skis after that...

Stockli SL's were direct from Stockli factory and hand picked by the head of race dept (very long story there...)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got some Blizzard CMX 11s last year for a good price from Ski Bilek through ebay Germany. They also have an online shop: http://www.ski-bilek.de.

I've found Fischer and Blizzard are usually much cheaper than other European brands. For example: Fischer RX8s for 389 Euro new and even cheaper for last year's model which is identical except for topsheet.

As ever, buying at the start of the season offers fewer bargains. After Christmas and during the off-season are best (or having someone in the business).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got some very cheap 1080 foils 2 years ago from...... snow and rock Embarassed
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sport Conrad - got my Karmas last year for £270 inc bindings and my missus got some K2 True Luvs for £150
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sport Conrad (google it). Burnin Luv (2 seasons old) inc bindings and delivery £225
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got a pair of Fischer RX8s from www.snow-how.de for 326,90 Euros (including delivery), that's about £210 by my calculation - not bad really Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski bilek on ebay

Fischer RX8 approx £200
Fischer AMC 79 approx £130
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IMHO you can't go wrong if you establish a relationship with a seller on line. Perhaps someone who is a SnowHead.

I established such a relationship with someone on EpicSki and it has served me well.
For this side of the Atlantic, I'd say Sierra Jim
www.sierrasnowboard.com

I am not familiar with the shops over there, but imagine that you have some similar options.
Loyalty begets loyalty!
snow conditions
http://www.botteroski.com/Negozio/en/Scripts/default.asp

great discount on last year's models (i bought back in august though so probably reduced selection by now). I got more than 50% discount on typical RRP at home
snow conditions
anyone come across Reusch race gloves on any of these sites?
snow conditions
Hi

I have just purchased a pair of Salomon Crossmax V12's (2007 model) from Ski Bilek on Ebay. Got a fantastic deal with more than 50% off the skis. Skis arrived yesterday with bindings mounted a mere 7 days after the auction finished. I have saved a fortune and would highly recommend these guys to anyone considering buying skis on the web as the whole process was very very easy. Ski Bilek sell skis through the Ebay auctions and also on a "buy it now" basis. I bascially found the "buy it now" price in their shop and then trawled through their auction skis to see if I could find the same model in an auction. I struck lucky and am now the proud owner of some very smart skis. Bring on Jan and the 3V !! Very Happy

Regards
snow report
Sport Conrad, Salomon 3Vs £300 including bindings and shipping Very Happy
snow report
did anyone get stung on the VAT when buying skis from a German Ebayer? I am looking at getting some RC4 competitions as I've heard they are good for an adult starter in racing.
latest report
^ as far as I know you don't get stung on tax or duty if stuff is coming from the EU, certainly my purchases from EU countries have been okay.

I have been stung for duty on another pair of skis I ordered from the USA, they were a great bargain... before the bill came for import duty! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
dougmonkey wrote:
did anyone get stung on the VAT when buying skis from a German Ebayer? I am looking at getting some RC4 competitions as I've heard they are good for an adult starter in racing.

You don't have to pay any extra VAT because the sale will include German VAT (19%). As long as local VAT is paid, the goods can be moved to any other EU country without any extra VAT cost/refund irrespective of the destination country's VAT rate. (It's a pity Ski-Bilek aren't based in Luxembourg with its 15% VAT Sad ).
ski holidays
barry, Ski Bilek do Leki Race Gloves http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leki-Handschuhe-Worldcup-Racing-schwarz-rot-Mod-07-NEU_W0QQitemZ300168965681QQihZ020QQcategoryZ39321QQcmdZViewItem
ski holidays
barry, These people list some Reusch http://schultes.at/webshop/index.php?cPath=22&sort=2a&language=en&osCsid=56c7d21d238f1667f4a220c1bef3cd6c
snow conditions
brilliant thanks for the info. i got stung with skis coming in from the states too as the seller didn't tick the "gift" box on the customs label Sad

i'll look for my rc4's on the german sites now then Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi

No sign of VAT when buying from Europe (fingers crossed). Should be fine as the VAT would have paid locally in Germany. Due to VAT laws within Europe ok to move goods around. Paid GBP 300.00 for brand new 2007 Crossmax V12's including bindings, binding mounting and shipping to the UK. Can't go wrong really ! Laughing

Regards
ski holidays
I just bought my skis yesterday from Ski Bilek on ebay! the Fischer RX 6 (last yrs model, but new with 2 years warantee) for just £130 inc tax and postage!!! BARGAIN!!!
snow report
dougmonkey wrote:
brilliant thanks for the info. i got stung with skis coming in from the states too as the seller didn't tick the "gift" box on the customs label Sad

The gift tick box means nothing as the gift value limit is low - $35 I think. And I believe that it's a federal offence for a seller (trade or private) to under value a shipment.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
barry wrote:
anyone come across Reusch race gloves on any of these sites?

TK Maxx are selling Reusch gloves!
snow report
I can't figure out if Ski Bilek take payment by Paypal or not - do most of you do it by bank transfer?
ski holidays
Yes they do, but charge you an extra 4% to cover the Paypal charges. So £4 per £100 for the convenience ? it's up to you.

I bought mine from them and paid the extra, mind you I did get them for a good price.
ski holidays
www.lockwoods.com
Better price than the German sites Very Happy and they speak Northern English as well wink
snow report
No Fischer Skis on there.
snow report
If you mean Lockwoods give them a ring they may have some in the shop
01926 339388
ski holidays
i bought mine boots from SKI BILEK. Paypal is the best way(cheapest and qiuckest as well) Banks Transfer will set you back £20 and will take up to 5 days. With the deals which he got on the ski equipment,10 pounds pore for charges is nothing if you can save 100£
ski holidays
Thanks bernie and SERJOE - as you say, Paypal is worth it due to the keen prices - I just couldn't see the option on the web pages - my german isn't too good..!
latest report
got mine from nevis sports sort of online, I found them online and they say they won't set your bindings, but I phoned up the store and they did
ski holidays
when you purchase the item they will send you a link thru which you will pay. there you can choose how you want to pay- paypal or bank transfer. I f you experience any problems with the payment give them a call -Te guy speak really good English and he will guide you thru the process. They are also very quick with email responses - when money are involved ho wouldn't! Very Happy Laughing snowHead
snow report
I've used ski bilek a few times as they seem to not only have good prices they have a LOT of stock, good people to deal with
latest report
I've just given into temptation and sent some nice Germans at ski-bilek a few euros.... hopefully in exchange for some skis. Just a quick question, what's people's experience been in relation to how long they take to arrive? They say 5-7 days on the site, though I assume that applies to Germany...

Cheers in advance....
Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy