Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old Snowboarders

Poster: A snowHead
Where do old snowboarders go?
You see plenty of old skiers about but snowboarding has been on the go a lomg time now so where do the older ones hang out? Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garfield, we don't hang out - we prefer to keep our bottoms in our trousers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, Thats may explain why you are harder to spot
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me, I hang out anywhere the snow is good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Old Snowboarders never die, they just stop getting big (make that "any") air! Toofy Grin

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 3-11-07 19:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Garfield,

As older people know that sitting in the middle of the slope is stupid and dangerous they go back to skiing NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gwaelod wrote:
Garfield,

As older people know that sitting in the middle of the slope is stupid and dangerous they go back to skiing NehNeh NehNeh

And stand right in the middle of the piste at the top of every hill NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gwaelod, LOUD SNORE rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ssnowman wrote:
gwaelod wrote:
Garfield,

And stand right in the middle of the piste at the top of every hill NehNeh

Trying to spot a way through the boarders sitting on the slope Razz NehNeh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Once they get too old for snowboarding, and faced with the choice of not boarding or going back to the lazy man's "sport" of skiing they kill themselves.

And I seriously don't get this sitting in the middle of the piste thing, if I had cash for every poxy skier I had to wait for while they take a photo from the top of a kicker/roller I'd be very rich. Likewise with cash for every time the lift has to stop while some mong picks his sticks up.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ak or whistler Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab wrote:
Likewise with cash for every time the lift has to stop while some mong picks his sticks up.

Stab, I seriously (to use your phrase) never used to understand your frequent comments about skiers and dropped sticks Puzzled . I thought you were referring to people dropping sticks whilst they were actually skiing on the slopes, and thought that must be a pretty rare event (if they use pole straps), and in any case if you give the downhill skier suitable space when passing (as I'm sure you do) a dropped stick adjacent to them wouldn't I think give you a problem. I can see that inexperienced skiers (usually beginners) dropping their sticks when getting on lifts resulting in the lift stopping is a more likely occurrence, and presumably that's the source of your "sticks dropping" comments?
Having said that, and to even up the snowboard/skiing banter ratio Toofy Grin I'd also like to have cash for every time a drag lift/T-Bar has to stop whilst some boarder realises he hasn't yet mastered how to use them! wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Garfield wrote:
Where do old snowboarders go?
You see plenty of old skiers about but snowboarding has been on the go a lomg time now so where do the older ones hang out? Puzzled

You've not bumped into Masque then ? wink

Actually, I guess most of them finally see the light and turn to skiing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah it's the ski lift dropping thing I'm always on about, happens so often around here. Should carry a sin bin penalty or something. Whenever I'm in a rush, bingo, the lift stops, sticks are down Laughing

The thing with T bars is for boarders it's painfull on the inside leg, normally the pain is worth that quieter run at the top though.

The boarders that make me laugh are the ones who despite falling over don't let go of the T bar and think they can hang on to the top Laughing Or the ones who fall off the T bar while smoking with one hand and talking on the phone with the other Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ask Masque Toofy Grin
snow report
The reason there aren't any old snowboarders is that snowboarding is too new. I tried a monoski when I was about 30 or so (end of 1970s or 1980). At that time there may have been a few people inventing early snowboards but they had yet to appear on the slopes. By 1985 they had become fairly common in some resorts but I've read that about half the US resorts did not allow them and the situation wasn't so different here. They were still a very minority variant.
I think Snowboards only became really common in the 90s.
So, as I said, they are just too recent. If you were born in the 80s, of course, snowboarding would seem ancient. Skullie
But then, I don't consider myself an old skier yet (soon, but not yet). I think you aren't an old skier till you start to slow down. wink
ski holidays
snowball,
Quote:

The reason there aren't any old snowboarders is that snowboarding is too new

Dont think thats quite true, but depends on your deffinition of old. When on our first trip to the US we met some older people snowboarding and had been for about 4 years. they are still snowboarding happily still. when we met them both were in their mid 50's which makes them now OAP's .

Does this constitute as old wink Skullie Skullie
snow conditions
How old is old?

I'm 48, I've been snowboarding for 10 years, I used to ski before that.

When my body gets too old to handle snowboarding, I'll go back to skiing.
snow report
Sorry folks I did not mean for this to be another thread of ski verses board
I don’t have any particular gripes that are an issue with skiers or boards
I do have plenty gripes in general though but they are for other threads
What I was trying to get at is most boarders I come across are still under the 30ish mark
latest report
Garfield, I'm older than most boarders (ie 60) but although I've noticed now that there are "second generation" boarders, teaching their kids, they're still very young. Snowboarding hasn't been going long, you know! Teenagers who started in the '90s would still be in their 30s! But I suspect that people who are just boarders won't suddenly decide to become skiers when they get older - one of the less agreeable characteristics of older people is they become averse to change and not keen on trying new things. People mostly think I'm mad. So I'm sure there will be more older boarders around in future - you'll presumably be one of them?
latest report
PS. Old snowboarders never die, they just make air instead of getting it....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy