Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Northwave decade boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got a pair of these? Just been having a look at them and I reckon I might go for a pair.

Only thing is that they're pretty stiff (8/10) and I do about 1/2 my riding in the snowdome so I don't know if that is ideal. I do have an old pair (2005) of Burton Motos which are a US 12, I am a UK 11.5 and they have always been a little painful - I'm thinking maybe I could wear them with the Northwave heat moulded liners in the dome. Would that work - I understand most boot's outers are a similar size?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stiff boots = PAIN & weeping blisters
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if you're worried they may be too stiff (and you know they fit you well - as we all know fit is everything), why not try a softer boot from the same manufacturer. i've a mate who has some Northwave Legends and loves them: same manufacturer, softer (7) boot?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for the replies.
All the reviews I've read on these have said that although stiff, they're still comfy as fcuk, but I guess the only thing to do is find out for myself.
I'm going to get myself down to TSA and get a proper boot fitting done - it may turn out that I don't get Northwaves at all....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Stiff boots = PAIN & weeping blisters

rubbish NehNeh

Terje wears burton drivers, terje rocks hard. I had burton drivers for 4 hours then got rid of them. For the free ride off piste thing they would be awesome boots, for me jibbing around like a spazz they were not good. Stiff doesn't equal pain. So there. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have Northwave Decade SL2s and I love 'em. No complaints at all. The boots are stiff, sure, but they flex enough for my liking - worth noting, though, that I'm hardly a jib monkey though, more of a piste charger on the hunt for inter-piste powder stashes. Also I'm heavy (~260lb/115kg) so I need boots which won't melt at the first sign of pressure.

A few points in favour of the Decades:
  • The lacing system works. It's not perfect (the pull-tabs are a bit annoying to stow away sometimes) but it's effective and I've never had to re-tighten them during the day.
  • They're comfy. I've never had toe-pinch, foot-squash or any of the other random pains you hear about. I may just be lucky with the shape of my foot vs. the shape of the boot, however; your mileage may vary.
  • They're tough. After several weeks on snow, they show barely any damage (a little wear from the bindings from when I was wearing 2-straps, and I'm unable to detect any damage since I switched to Flows).
  • The liners (which Northwave call the TF3, for what that's worth) are amazingly warm and automatically mould to your foot shape using body heat and pressure from wearing them (you don't need to get them fitted ina shop or use a hairdryer or whatever...) Even in -20 windchill with my nose about to shatter behind a microfibre facemask, my toes were almost too warm. The foot-moulding thing works, too, in my opinion - my boots are comfier than most of my regular shoes.

So in conclusion, I recommend 'em.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 22-10-08 10:58; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow, that is you told Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Like I care whether you lot have pus oozing blisters Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have Burton pus oozing blisters, limited edition I'll have you know.

I'm bored by the way, waiting for the snow tomorrow, if it's more than 5cm I'm going to harvest a whole field for the stuff and make a mini ramp, now that's bored.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, your bored ? at least you are near the stuff, I have to dream until Jan Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers Shallimus, good recommendation.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Update, I ended up getting Northwave Legends. Tried NW Decades, which were ok, but the Legends were just so much more comfy - they feel like wearing a pair of fleecy slippers! I also tried Salomon F22's, Vans BFB's and 32 TM Two's. I guess everyone's foot shape/fit is different, but for me there was no way I could not get the legends after trying them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy