Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France top winter sports destination for Brits

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to the Association of British Travel Agent, France has now overtaken Austria as the most sought-after winter sports destination among British tourists. During the 2006/7 season, the ski holiday market increased by three per cent, according to a report by Crystal. Some 37.1 per cent of skiers who booked through a tour operator chose France for their ski break, followed by Austria, which was chosen by 19 per cent of skiers. Italy was also popular, with 13.8 per cent booking their ski holiday there, while 7.9 per cent went to North America. ...See: http://news.travelcounsellors.co.uk/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
France overtook Austria about 15 years ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How many people book through tour operators nowadays when you can probably do it cheaper booking a flight with easyjet then contacting the local touist office for accomodation?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kersh, plenty of them, as witness tha fact that I still have a job.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

How many people book through tour operators nowadays

The majority, I suspect.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

The majority, I suspect.

A couple of threads covered this report a few months back. Don't believe a word of it personally. I see the independent traveller growth as way above what Crystal say...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=672339&highlight=#672339
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kersh,

Done a few DIY trips and tour ops can often work out as cheap if you look around. Alot less hasstle too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gwaelod wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

The majority, I suspect.

A couple of threads covered this report a few months back. Don't believe a word of it personally. I see the independent traveller growth as way above what Crystal say...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=672339&highlight=#672339

Having heard reports back from friends who went to the major UK ski shows over the past few weeks -- the number of suppliers and shoppers in attendance seems to be stagnating or even falling -- I would say the flatish Crystal figures pass the smell-test. The total UK skiing / boarding market, both TO and independent, feels lackluster.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold wrote:
the number of suppliers and shoppers in attendance seems to be stagnating or even falling -- I would say the flatish Crystal figures pass the smell-test. The total UK skiing / boarding market, both TO and independent, feels lackluster.

The only thing I would comment on the is that the independent operator with the advent of the internet does not need to pay lots of money (and don't be under any illusion that it is free to have a stand at these events, it costs a lot) to be at these events.

Small independents can survive with simple marketing and the internet. The TO's have to attend the main events as not to be seen there would be suicide in public.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Having heard reports back from friends who went to the major UK ski shows over the past few weeks -- the number of suppliers and shoppers in attendance seems to be stagnating or even falling -- I would say the flatish Crystal figures pass the smell-test. The total UK skiing / boarding market, both TO and independent, feels lackluster.
Manchester show was indeed very quiet. London show was very busy compared to probably any of the last decade and I'm hearing that exhibitors were happy. All that said, the shows have only ever been frequented by around 3% of the market so not really a great indicator of health in the industry. My guess is that recent interest rate rises are bound to have an effect... probably not enough to stop keen skiers from going but enough to stop them going on as many trips per season maybe. Snow (remember that stuff?) will make all the difference.

gwaelod, yes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold, Bode Swiller,
Do consider the format of the shows may not be evolving as fast as the expectation of the consumer, if you take the London show, the Fashion/ski /wear catwalk was as bad as any day of the C&A show of the mid 1980's but with the addition of a little 1990's body popping added in Sad
The on slope tricks were a pale imitation of 5 years ago but with better sponsorship,
and basically there was nothing new except that the Slush and Rubble stand gets bigger and bigger. Sad
The Southampton Ski Show of 4 years ago had more to offer Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy