Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel at Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Just after the advice of all you wise sages out there...

We're contemplating going to Meribel for christmas week having found some reasonable offers but just a little worried it might be just too chaotic to be fun. Anyone got any experience of the same?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It'll be rammed. I went there in '99 and the runs home were in chaos after 3pm. I can't imagine that it would have improved.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tiffers, welcome to Snowheads. I've never been to Meribel at Christmas (early January, rubbish snow, but it was a bad year, can't remember when....) but perhaps a resort which is less Brit-dominated (i.e almost anywhere else in the world) could be a better bet, as the French tend to go much more at New Year than Christmas. Maybe somewhere a bit higher, too. There are a number of good offers around for Christmas and I'm sure you'll get some good advice on here, especially if you spell out your criteria/priorities.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tiffers,

Meribel is not particularly busy at Christmas which is why you will find reasonable offers for the week, unlike the following New Year week. IMHO many Brits tend to stay at home not wanting to be away from their families. If you do manage to book something you will obviously have a better chance of enjoying a white Christmas rather than the dull, overcast, possibly rainy day to be had in the UK. Also remember, if you take the catered option someone else cooks the turkey Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tiffers wrote:
Hello all,

Just after the advice of all you wise sages out there...

We're contemplating going to Meribel for christmas week having found some reasonable offers but just a little worried it might be just too chaotic to be fun. Anyone got any experience of the same?

Cheers

We were there last year - not too busy at all. It's far worse in February. !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy