Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tropical Storm Noel?

Poster: A snowHead
Snow forecast are predicting a tropical storm (Noel, somewhere off the coast of Miami currently) to bring loads of snow to scandinavia and then maybe down into Austria in about a week. snowHead

However, there will be no snow for France or Swiss alps due to a blocking high pressure sat over the UK - which isn't going away - boo! Sad

Can the usual weather experts confirm this or give some alternative possibilities that involve snow getting to alpe d'huez!!! Puzzled

Cheers

Matt
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mattmulkeen, it is the usual scanario.
The Met Office sequence shows Lows setting off across the Atlantic and being swatted north to Scandanavia. One cold front does manage to sneak through - not sure if that will bring any precipitation. At T+84 there is a powerful-looking Low off Greenland - it will be interesting to see what happens to that.
(As you can see, the Weather is much more exciting then Eastenders snowHead )
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

As you can see, the Weather is much more exciting then Eastenders

This may be true but you try discussing it in detail with yer mates and they look at you like you are losing it! Maybe they are right?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mattmulkeen, get yourself some new mates.
Try UKWeatherworld snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, Those surface charts are depressing, what with all that high pressure over the uk. I normally look forward to october & november for some decent windsurfing weather in the UK, this autumn has been windless other than last sunday. I count on my windsurfing to get me fit for the coming ski season, means going to the gym instead, which bores my sh***less. But I guess if it kicks up some snow in Austria then that's not bad.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
blocking highs and atlantic lows are good for us surfers though. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, my daughter and her BF, both windsurfers, are also complaining. But looking on the bright side, as a skier, if we had a huge great dump of snow, most would be gone by early December. There's PLENTY of time left. I am also a sailor, but I confess to not being so keen, come November.... and as for windsurfing, strictly in tropical waters only, I'm afraid.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what weather conditions are neeeded for snow?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I am guessing here - presumably low pressure and lots of moisture????? Puzzled

Can anyone enlighten me and christopher a little?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
low temperatures are also helpful.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well its 27 degrees on my balcony.

i'm gonna go enjoy sunbathing and let you lot worry about when the snow will come! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=37 . Looking like temps at least are dropping over the next few days.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, I wouldnt want to be outdoors on fri 9 november wink at the moment it is showing minus 260 degrees. Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hedley, so about 13 degrees above absolute 0 impressive Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

A low over Scandinavia and higher pressure over the atlantic. This draws in the Arctic maritime airmass, northerly winds basically, carrying lots of moisture.
zzz
snow conditions
Quote:

Alternatively....
A high over Scandinavia & a low over N. Mediterranean/Adriatic - brings Siberian winds in from the East & moisture up from the Med. , and where they meet, it all drops over the Eastern Alpine regions
latest report
geoffers,

Please see below on Scotish thread - is this what you had in mind? Puzzled

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=755386#755386

Ta

Matt
snow report
Not quite - it would all be a bit further South - the scenario I was suggesting would have the low centered over Eastern Italy, so the (cold) Easterly winds meet the (moist) air coming up from the Adriatic & dump on the Alps
latest report
Quote:

Not quite

Booo Sad
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Mattmulkeen,

Something like this I'd imagine wink

ski holidays
brian,

Nice one! Smile

Fingers crossed!
ski holidays
brian: yep - the sembach 120hr model is prettier snowHead (NB light blue xxx's = snow)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 11-11-07 21:03; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
Snow forecast downgraded heavy snow for L2A & Alpe D'Huez for next wednesday to just a couple of CM. Why is that? Is that midnight run just grumpy or what Puzzled
latest report
Mattmulkeen: I guess that high over Biscay is pushing the weather further East - it's all happening over Switz/Austria at the moment, and France is just on the left-hand edge of it all Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy