Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last season's goals vs this season's goals - AKA the facebook thread

Poster: A snowHead
24 days. Cool

Assuming Montgenevre gets a bit of snow before the end of the month.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Damn you seasonaires Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm on a theoretical 11 days assuming they find some 50 pence coins for the snow cannon meters. Sunday is also pencilled in for the 1st descent of the lauberhorn track, I've given myself a minimum depth of 20 cms for this to be possible, snow depth at the moment is pushing at least a cm in places Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, Have you noticed your thread idea has been pinched for the Bend Ze Knees Section ....
Boarders = trendsetters Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
debbi, I did, hence the Bend Ze Knees Facebook scrabble comment.
I also noticed the goals in this thread are a lot better than the ski goals in the other inferior thread Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, just watched your video of the railway, very nice but I was dissapointed it wasn't one long grind.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly wrote:
stab, just watched your video of the railway, very nice but I was dissapointed it wasn't one long grind.

hahaha that did cross my mind. Maybe next time Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just noticed a lot of the double plankers want to 'get this cert' or 'pass that exam' sort of stuff, what is all that about and why be so bothered about measuring a 'fun' activity Puzzled

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE This post and the attachments are intended for boarders only and may be confidential and/or privileged. If the post is accessed by double plankers in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or disclose or any part of its contents to any person or organisation other than boarders. The content or opinions contained within this post are solely those of the boarder and do not necessarily represent those of double plankers unless otherwise specifically stated. No technical comment, suggestion or recommendation made within this post can be relied upon by double plankers. If this post is in any part to be relied upon for its technical content, please contact the poster using the details provided so that it can be formally posted in the thread.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 6-11-07 17:39; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, because they are no fun wink

P.s this comment is meant in jest & by know means is meant to offend any skier who has or hasn't got a sense of humour
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, because that is my job.... no certs or low level certs = crap pay or worse case scenario no job Crying or Very sad

- in the current ski climate you need to be qualified to do a lot of things to enable you to earn a meager crust...

can`t complain though.. it sure as hell beats the office job.

I think I am fun... now where did I put that edge angle measuring thingy.. need to get those slalom ski`s to exactly 1.97 degrees.. I also need to blunt the edges of my park skis... snowHead

This post was also meant in jest.. I obviously meant 1.97859654745 degrees... what was i thinking wink Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mrtoastie, Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mrtoastie, your cool Cool
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mrtoastie, stab, i'm scared of hieghts tooo!!!! but its not so much the height of something its being on a ridge! I just cant handle it. I cant even handle watching my hubby or my dog be near the edge with out total panik setting in.

I cant breath and i get all sweaty hands and then i just have to hit the snow and try and calm down for a bit.

I can hike up faces but i cant hike up ridges. I've tried to get to the top of La Cucamel, here in Serre Che, i've not even made it past the first nob, but i will make it to that this year.

Ahah there is my goal! get further up the cuc!

Lizzard, if your going for a shred up at montgenevre let me know we can meet up!

and if anyone wantst o add me on face book i'm Kim Cook
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., Glad I'm not the only one who finds edges a problem Embarassed

Don't let STAB hear you talking Facebook Laughing Theres tons of Kim Cooks !! I'm " Geeoorge Likes Pink " if anyone wants a Tinternet friend
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
my network is france and my picture is me on my wedding day with flowers in one hand and snowboard in the other! We had an on mountain wedding
latest report
Loving the new thread title snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
snowangel., I'll be in Montgenevre from Nov 28 to about Dec 8 running a bar because one of our managers has dropped out.
snow report
Lizzard, they officially dont open till the 8th, well that's what it says when you drive through. I am in Morocco from the 24th Nov till the 3rd dec, so if its open you never know! What bar you in, and how late do you stay open? We arrive back in turin late on the 3rd but i konw for the fact the guy picking us up will be killing for a drink by t he time we get to monty! Maybe we pop in for a bevvie!
snow report
snowangel., bah, that's annoying - I thought it opened on the first, dammit! We're in the Rois Mages, and opening hours will very much depend on how much demand there is - the point of opening early is to catch the lunchtime trade and snare early seasonnaire arrivals before they get into the habit of going to other places.
snow conditions
To divert from facebook (even though it's now on topic) I found the big difference in riding flat sections was when I learnt to keep the board on an edge rather than leting the base run flat. In this situation you can go faster than a skier until they use their sticks or start skating.
snow conditions
Swirly, I started off keeping it on an edge because I was paranoid about catching edges and going over like a felled tree. The whole thing improved as I got better at holding a straight line - am now faster than most of the skiers.
ski holidays
Swirly, I find the opposite ? I have found now that I'm not so scared of putting the board flat I go faster?
ski holidays
Lizzard, that's the trick, on edge but going straight. With one edge there's less friction hence you overtake skiers.

debbi, but if the snow gets lumpy* you run the risk of catching an edge.

* I've still not worked out why do rollers form on flat pistes? I have absolutely no idea.
snow conditions
"but if the snow gets lumpy* you run the risk of catching an edge. "

I've caught a few thats why I've been so reserved about doing that. Not quite mastered keeping the edge in a straight line for long periods of time.

Another 'goal' to add then - Overtaking skiers on my edge on the flats Smile
latest report
debbi wrote:
Damn you seasonaires Crying or Very sad

Friday 9th Nov. 16:00

Razz
ski holidays
stab, Theres no head, you can't prove its you ! you just stole that from google images NehNeh
ski holidays
debbi, snowboarders don`t need a head NehNeh

Oh if it makes you feel any better I don`t fly to vancouver until next saturday so i guess it will be a whole 8 or nine days till I get to teh snow for the season... how annoying.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 9-11-07 17:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
that's cos I'm croozing 6 feet high, aiight. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, and who took the photo? santas elves ? or the Wengen midget ?
snow report
stab, debbi, I think you two shoudl get a room... I sense some online pent up tension here............ Shocked
snow report
mrtoastie, Laughing

I'm just soooooooo jealous it makes me sick. I'm sitting here in my dull office overlooking a sainsburys carpark and that son of a biatch is having fun Evil or Very Mad

(thats is if the photo is real wink )
snow report
debbi wrote:
mrtoastie, Laughing
I'm sitting here in my dull office overlooking a sainsburys carpark

I'm not.
snow conditions
stab, There's a virtual slap coming your way right now!
ski holidays
debbi, stab, I too am sitting in a dull office.. but... I finish being a corporate whore next friday and fly out to work in BC on 17th. I will be sure to post some snowy pictures for you debbi... you know.. just in case you forget what snow looks like an all... Little Angel snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
mrtoastie, grrrrrrrrr wheres the head exploding smiley when you need it. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Mr. Green
latest report
debbi, nah in all seriousness where are you heading for your snow fun this season? It looks like it could be a great season in Aust/Switz... western Canada is still waiting.. I have my mates doing a daily dance to teh Snow Gods but doesn`t appear to be working so far Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
mrtoastie, off to 'destination unknown' at new year, Tignes 19th Jan & then Switzerland early March.
Re: the snow dance, are they sticking their bare @rses in the snow? at least one of 'em has to do that everynight until it snows Razz
snow report
debbi, unfortunately not even enough snow on the ground to justify dropping ones pants and plonking @ss in the white stuff. Only a few patches here and there.

You are a s/boarder so I am guessing this will be of no interest to ya but one of my friends owns and runs a ski school in Tignes. Sure you will have fun. If you find a patch of snow drop your keks and stick your @ss in it for me Toofy Grin

In fact I think that could be a mission for us all this season.... I feel a new thread coming... Bare @rses in the snow. Does it please the snow gods? (Photos to prove the deed has been done are required)

snowHead Laughing
snow report
mrtoastie, that sounds like a challenge.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy