Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last season's goals vs this season's goals - AKA the facebook thread

Poster: A snowHead
As of this afternoon I also have a 4 metre rail Very Happy

Only managed 3 hours in the snow today Sad Still snowing as well.

Roll on sainsburys tomorrow Neh Neh
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My park is coming together now, I have the kicker from yesterday that I've built a bit higher, then I run down onto my rail/plank thing, then a small off piste section then board off and do it again Very Happy Once I get more snow a 1/4 pipe will replace the off piste section.
That's the main reason I took this house last year, it's awesome.

Here's the rail, doesn't look much there but there's a nice drop off the end.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stab, you need to lower the cables a bit and then you've got your own drag lift Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, i am choking on my coffee..... i reckon you bought a whole truck load of icing sugar and thats just a massive cake your on the top of.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, just staggered in here by mistake (did get my provisional Boarding Licence in Morzine a couple of years back), but I am surprised to see you still posting.
That video you put up yesterday - the one where you slid into the telegraph pole - how are you?
Presumably posting from your hospital bed with arm and both legs up in plaster - real bummer trying to run a keyboard and mouse with only one hand, I know.
And so brave - you've not mentioned any of this. Respect! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
debbi wrote:
stab, i am choking on my coffee..... i reckon you bought a whole truck load of icing sugar and thats just a massive cake your on the top of.

This is a lot of icing sugar
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, Theory blown Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sweet
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stab's endless rail jam Laughing This makes me laugh for some reason

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2343/1980685126_7cef57b55d_o.gif
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thats a lot of stabs, do you live in a mountain cloning research facility ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
debbi, shouldn't you be working or overlooking a car park somewhere other than posting????
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mouth, I'm a woman, I can multi task.
Oh look you are 70 posts behind wink you've got a bit of work to do Razz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
debbi, mmmm can multi task too. Not much chance today as mouth junior unwell and have to get home in next 10 mins to relieve dad of his baby sitting duties.

Cannot believe am 70 posts behind...........
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, you may be 70 posts behind but debbi is poo-poo at scrabble.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Swirly, I won a game at the weekend so am now on 2 wins 8 losses Embarassed

Mouth, hope mouth junior gets better but more importantly doesn't cry too much and distract you from your posting wink
snow conditions
debbi, Am sooo far behind you now could cry rolling eyes
ski holidays
Last season's goals:
- Learn the basics
- Link turns down red runs
- Stomp a straight air

Last season's achievements:
- Made it (not with any style) down red runs on my first day on a board... had a friend teaching me though so wasn't held back by a class. Definitely learned the basics and am now hooked on snowboarding.
- Managed to link turns down [the easier half of] a black run with a modicum of style and no bailing on the last day of my first week. Was quite icy and it hadn't snowed in 10 days so I'm quite pleased with this achievement.
- Air was my only real disappointment after exceeding my own (and my friend's) expectations for just chucking myself down the slopes. I managed to hop off ledges 3-4 feet high and land it at some pace, but my attempts at the tabletops inevitably resulted in an unfortunate explosion of slush as I impressed the ladies with my faceplant skills

This season's goals:
- Stomp straight air (consistently) big enough and with enough panache that onlookers don't feel the need to point and laugh
- Proper carving with weight distribution and everything
- Link turns down red runs... switch! Not the sort-of switch I managed last season where I 180-hop as soon as I feel unstable, but confident, powder-churning switch which lets me land my next goal...
- BS 180 & FS 180
- 50-50 easy rails
- Some sort of weird butters turn that my friend Jules can do just standing on the tail of his board. Don't know what it's called, but will post picture/video of this after we've been out to the mountains in January

As for countdown, my facebook status tends to consist of the number of days til I leave (that's almost 3 months of updates which mean nothing to anyone but me and the 3 people I'm going with). I also drew out a calendar by hand on my desk in multi-coloured biro, not because I'm usually that organised but because I'm desperate to get onto the snow! 52 days to go.
snow conditions
Last season's goals:
Enjoy the powder in Heavenly (unfortunately there was none Sad )
Learn how to board moguls, which I end up finding myself on at some point in the holiday.
Understand properly how weight affects my balance, etc.
Travel on a chair lift without pooping my pants all the way up in the anticipation of falling over as I get off at the top.

This season's goals:
Learn how to turn off piste - going straight is great but at some point I have to turn Embarassed
Spend a couple of hours faffing around on bunny slopes with rear foot out of binding - should assist with lift disembarkation. Maybe...
Tackle those moguls cos I know there'll be loads in St Anton
Attack the slopes i.e. less turns, which should mean I can avoid the moguls by cruising down the edges. Maybe...

3 1/2 weeks to go Very Happy
snow conditions
RobintheBobin, spring in St Anton = moguls by 10.30am
snow report
Rayscoops, luckily I'm going in three weeks so moguls shouldn't arrive until at least 11.15!!!! wink
snow report
debbi, 3 countdowns now Toofy Grin unfortunately that's the lot.
ski holidays
RobintheBobin, then head over to Rendl Very Happy
latest report
Last year I wanted to . . . .

have more boarding adventures

and . . . . .

I had one! and it's fantastic!

This year . . . .

I would like to be a better snowboarder and to have more fun!

Very Happy
ski holidays
Woop woop! Went to Milton Keynes freestyle night on Friday... landed my first:
  • box (well, trestle table)
  • 12ft rail
  • 4ft up-rail
  • 4ft (at the lip) kicker jump

The rainbow rail kicked my ärse a bit and I did discover that doing boxes too slowly is a baaad idea...

...but result! 3 hours at the snowdome, first time on snow since March and I already achieved some of my season goals. I'm just gonna have to push myself harder.
latest report
Shallimus, and further .... than MK escape wink
snow report
Very true Debbi... 40 days today I'll be in Val Thorens, and we're currently plotting a trip to BC/Alberta for March (I will be so broke once I'm done!)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy