Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eeek. Ouch. Ow.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New Boots were needed as my old ones were falling apart. Sad

An ankle injury means that my R achilles is tighter than my L (but I'm working on it), and my R medial malleolus is prominent. So off I trot (a 2 hour trot mind you) to Lockwoods for a new pair. Some hours later I'm out of the shop with a shiny pair of X-Wave 10s (last years model) Very Happy

The boots have superfeet footbeds (natch) and my R ankle was padded out to take the pressure off the medial side (last year I ended up with an impressive bursitis over the malleolus which settled over about 6 months with conservative treatment) and a small raise in the L boot to help with my awful ankle flexion (I am stretching them...)

After an hour at the Castleford Snozone my L foot ached but no more than I'd expect for a new pair, when I get a few more hours in they'll be fine but I'm not so sure about my R foot. I had pain, numbness and pins & needles down the outside of my R forefoot, which settled after getting the boot off for about 10 mins, but I was well happy to get that boot off.

Now I think this pain is due to me over pronating even with the footbeds, and a small raise in the R boot should help. So I've put one (that Lockwoods made at the time) in. I also think that perhaps my R boot was done up a bit too tight.

So I'll go off to a slope in the next week or two to give them another go, and if no better, probably spend another day travelling to Leamington - as my R heel (and therefore ankle) will be a bit higher in the boot I may need re-padding and heating.

Questions:
    Confused Does this seem a likely explanation for the pain?
    Confused Is my plan of action (raise, loosen a turn or 2) reasonable?
    Confused I've got a dry slope (Tallington) nearer - is it worth an hour on there?

Many thanks for your thoughts,

DrE
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds about right, if you have a lack of flexion in the ankle then the compensatory motion of the foot as you atempt to flex is to evert and abduct into the side of the boot, the only way to resolve this is to gain anle flex, possibly raise heel and or a more corrective footbed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, Many thanks for sorting me out at the NEC.

5 mins of cuff-adjusting and my boots felt perfect. And you refused the offer of any beer-fund contribution. A super-snowhead indeed.

ps Eeyore minor says he wants you to fit his boots when he's older.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Eeyore minor" made me laugh anyways! Got salomon falcon race boots and had the exact same pins and needles and soreness on the right side of my right fore foot (quite flat feet) went to Blues in glagsow and they sorted it out and offered any further adjustments for free, nice one¬!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy