Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie Looking for an adventure in Saalbach this winter!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, my names Carl, Im 24 I am going to be working the winter season in Saalbach Austria! Its the first time I have done anything like this so its a bit of an adventure, but thats what Im all about! I dont currently ski or board either!!!

I am slowly thinking of things I want to find out before I fly out in December and so if anyone has been to Saalbach, or is going there this season, then get in touch! It would be great to get chatting to people going out there, I love to party, Im laid back and easy to get on with and I want to make this a winter to remember!

so, to get it started....

Whats the nightli.....er sorry, apres ski like in saalbach and Hinterglemm?!

Radders
Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ginger Radders, welcome to snowheads !

A few of us are coming to Saalbach on the 26 January but I'll let them introduce themselves !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ginger Radders, Welcome to snowHead 'heads,
I will be one of the few coming over on the 26th, but I'm too old so dont do late nights or parties Laughing rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ginger Radders, welcome to snowHead s.

If I don't, then somebody else will probably recommend www.natives.co.uk
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ginger Radders -- Welcome.

Saalbach is one of the top 5 resorts in Austria.

The skiing is good, but not amazing.

The nitelife is busy but chavvy.

Overall, a solid choice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the help so far guys - nice to meet all of you!

I have just been looking at kit I am gonna need to buy.... I was thinking about buying all my clothing in the uk, or is it cheaper in Austria?!

Another important thing I was wondering, what a rough price for a beer is out there?! Shock) you can see I have my prioritys straight!!

Carl Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ginger Radders,
Quote:

Another important thing I was wondering, what a rough price for a beer is out there?!

Which pub? Wink Think we tried most of em NehNeh
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hehe, u could be very helpful in that case!! perhaps u could reccomend a few?!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ginger Radders, our favourite was a bit out of town, called Steiner's. Not a particularly exciting place, but a really nice gaff with a good host who wasn't afraid of dishing the freebies.

Can't remember the name of the one we used to frequent most, was just off the slopes, right by Bauer's Ski Alm (the main apres place there), across the road with an outside bar etc... Then there's always "Celebrity Squares" where you can serve yourself and choose your own music on the MP3 system Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ginger Radders, forgot to mention, there was a particularly good place up the mountain as well. Was only E2.50 for a pint Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Serve yourself?! did I read that correctly?! Very Happy
it sounds great and im looking forward to discovering some myself!

so do people go out on the lash every night? obviously i will be working 6 days a week so I wont be able to go out every night but its good to kno that when the opportunitys there.... Smile

Are you going out there this year?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ginger Radders, don't Skullie
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ginger Radders, yup, there's a gang of 12 of us off here goin out on the 26th Jan (including Linds and Smokin Joe above). And yes, we will be well and truly lashed up every night Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc, that sounds wicked! where are u all from?

Im gonna be flying the flag for essex and hopefully put to bed and prove wrong any ideas that we are all chav boy racers haha

Do u ski, board or just make snow angels!? I havent tried skiing or boarding but i really wanna learn to board asap!

it would be great to have a few jaegermeisters and beers with u when u come out!?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ginger Radders, "a few jaegermeisters and beers" does not appear in his vocabulary
snow report
Ginger Radders, we are from all over the place. Couple of scousers (me and our kid), couple of mackems, yorkshire, chingford, bucks, cardiff, stoke, webfoot land.

I'm sure a few alcoholic beverages can be arranged (tho it will more than likely be more than a few Wink)

Oh and tea trays are for poofs. Get some ski's on yer feet Wink
latest report
I was gonna learn to ski first, i get given some for the season as part of the job! Shock)

Its good to know there will be plenty of people up the crack! I gotta work hard but im used to that, its the playing hard that im better at tho haha

you got a good mix of people, i bet its a laugh and i can imagine a few hangovers could be coming my way!
snow conditions
Do you know where you're working yet?
snow conditions
yeah in saalbach, hotel Karlshoff. Im going out for training a week on saturday so Ill know a lot more then! is ski clothing cheap out there or am i better to buy jacket, salopets etc in the uk?

where abouts are u guys gonna be?
ski holidays
TK Maxx is your friend, really good swag dead cheap. It will cost you an arm and a leg over there.

We're about 1km along the road to Hinterglemm, place called the Salzburgerhof. Just listen for the noise Wink
snow report
thanks for the tip, ill get myself up there tomorrow

1km is within walkin distance, or staggering distance as the case may be!

ok, personal question time Shock) how old are all u guys?
ski holidays
Hi Carl, sounds like we'll be working together, my names Dan I'm also 24 and gonna be a hotel assistant at the Karlshoff, what job have you got there?
snow report
eagleye,
Hello mate, Good to meet a fellow worker!

Ill be working as a hotel assistant, bar work, serving, cleaning etc, same as you then? I cant wait, u going out on the 10th nov for training? Im also 24, recently single and in search of adventure!

Have u done this before?

take it easy mate
ski holidays
I didnt mean to offend anyone by the way asking ur ages...was just interested Shock)
latest report
Cool, I'm also going out on the 10th, fingers crossed there might be a bit of snow around for a bit of pre-season skiing!
Not done a season before, skied a total of 5 weeks in my life. Went to Meribel last christmas but there was a real lack of snow, hopefully this year it'll make up for it.
I'm not sure what they've got lined up for us in the form of 'training', have you got any idea?
snow report
Superb! sounds like we are working for the same company?
Hopefully training will involve a few beers?! Smile
I have never skied or boarded before so ill need help haha!
ski holidays
I think we must be with the same company but not too sure how it all works.
I'm sure the training will involve a fair few beers!
I've got a pair of skis, have boarded before but not really got into it. Both skiing and boarding are amazing and different, each to their own.
Might be worth having a look on the web for some basic skiing / boarding instructions.
snow report
fact.... there are 5 lap bars in Saalbach Hinterglemm
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
5?!
what am I getting myself into!? Smile

Obviously i find those places degrading to women so I wont be in there everynight for a cheeky dance Wink

eagleye, where abouts are u from mate?
snow conditions
I heard one of the bars has goats and strippers in it!
I'm from Saaf London, Streatham to be precise.
Where abouts in Essex r u from mate?
latest report
I live in Braintree, famous for Freeport and teenage pregnancy Smile

Goats and strippers sounds interesting, what happens.....when u run out of money u turn to the goats!!??

What do u do for work at the moment? looking forward to jacking it all in?!

I need to get some ski kit pretty quickly, i have nothing yet!
snow report
I think South London beats Braintree for teenage pregnancy but I'm not 100% sure!
I'm Temping for the NHS at the moment as an administrator in a psychiatric hospital, its ok quite a doss really, I can't wait to be in Saalbach!
Who do u work for?
I'm not sure how much kit they provide us with, its worth asking them so u don't end up buying things they provide us with.
Get yourself some thick socks and a pair of ski / snowboard gloves!
ski holidays
Ginger Radders,

Hang fire on the ski kit for the moment.... your perspective will change once you see what is what.

If you are on your way out there in the next few weeks, have look in the local shops... see if they will give you a 'workers' discount.

Brands to look at over here..because you might be interetsed in this.... that are cool but not too expensive, are HH ( Helly Hansen )and Columbia.

Brands over there that may have the same appeal are Millet....
snow conditions
I have my own window cleaning business at the moment, Im not gonna miss climbing ladders in the cold this winter!!

I have been looking at tube socks and will be getting some soon!
I reckon we will find out everything we need to next saturday!
snow report
Cool, sounds alright, its always good to be your own boss!
Yeah I expect they'll tell us what we need etc, hopefully we'll get a bit of free time to explore the town and its bars!
ski holidays
Charlatanefc wrote:
Couple of scousers (me and our kid), couple of mackems, yorkshire, chingford, bucks, cardiff, stoke, webfoot land.

I'm sure a few alcoholic beverages can be arranged (tho it will more than likely be more than a few Wink)

Oh and tea trays are for poofs. Get some ski's on yer feet Wink

Its a good job you are in France my boy........snowbird would have your plums on a skewer ! Mackems - just cause I support the team doesnt mean I live there - you welsh git ! NehNeh
snow conditions
Ginger Radders, dont buy tube socks - the thin ones are better - honest...... try Smartwool !!
ski holidays
Ok, thanks for the tip on socks!! I gotta take care of my feet!!

Eagleye, would be great to chat more bout the training next week - do u have msn?
snow conditions
Ginger Radders, I've sent u a PM with my e-mail for MSN
Cheers
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy