Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs for 1 day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

I've just booked a one day trip to Les Arcs. I may be mad but you've got to do it once I reckon!

Can anyone tell me the followin:

Is there a lift pass office where I can purchase one day lift passes at the funicular station
What time is the first funicular in the morning.
Is there any lockers either at Bourg St Maurice or Arc 1600 which are available to leave clothes in.

So far I've found I can get the beginners of the group ESF lessons from 1600 and ski hire from right next door to the funicular stop.

Basically I'm looking for any advice that will make my (and my friends) life easier on this very, very short trip to enable us to maximise skiing time.

Oh last thing, any recommendations for good restaurants near the train station in Bourg?

CHeers
Liz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
liz09, this thread is by another snowHead doing the same, it's got some useful info in it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
liz09, according to the ad on lastminute.com "You can leave your luggage in the Ski shop just outside Bourg St Maurice station - approx cost is € 2 per item". the funicular opens at 7.30 am and closes after we need to be back at Bourg.

I'd like to know about lift pass too - online only shows 3 days.

when are you going?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Holidaylover I'm going 18th March. I've done a bit of digging today and found out that the ski hire place is Polaire Star next to the funicular I think. I'm going to e-mail them to see what time they open at some point before we go. That's great about the Funicular, guess all will depend on the ski shop though as we will need to leave stuff behind, I am not travelling in Salopettes!

I'm basically going to plan things so precisely in the hope that we can get on the slopes first lift. I have a group of 9 going, 4 of which are beginners so everything will take a little longer. Though luclily they have agreed to a private lesson therefore we can relax knowing they'll be in good hands.

Liz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
liz09, I'll let you know anything useful when I get back in Jan.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On the subject of restaurants in BSM, there is an excellent Chinese/Vietnamese establishment directly opposite the station on the main road. Great food and very reasonably priced. The chicken in caramel sauce hit the mark!

If you fancy something more French, cross the main road opposite the station, walk up the street to the pedestrian area (5 mins), turn left and there's an excellent Savoyarde restaurant 10 yards up on the right. Nice ambiance, rustic decor, small and cosy with checky red & white tablecloths! Sorry I can't remember the name of it though.... Top quality grub at a very reasonable price. (The turkey in mushroom sauce was yummy!)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
liz09,

The lift pass place has three kiosks at the base of the funicular and sells , IIRC, all normal types of pass.

The left luggage lockers at BSM are at the other end of the station to the funicular - if you know London the distance from the main station to the funicular equates to the " pedestrian interchange" between Bank and Monument - so depending on how you are arriving / what you are carrying you may be better off looking to leave somewhere up at 1600.

There are many cafes in and around the BSM station: as John Crawford says, you can head up to the pedestrianised area directly opposite the main station, or you can come out through the bus station, and turn right at the roundabout, heading towards Les Arcs/Val road connection, and there are many fine examples down there.

Enjoy your day!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are you going back the same evening you arrive?
Why aren't you going for a weekend (ie 2 days?)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did three one-day trips on Eurostar last season, twice to Les Arcs and once to Courcheval 1850. Compared to Courcheval, Les Arcs is a baggage storing mecca! You'll have no probs storing a bag at Les Arcs. When you get to the top of the funicular, turn right and follow the path along for 100m. You'll come to a ski shop and restaurant on your right. The ski shop opens at 8am (if I remember correctly) and they have about 20 lockers, although I found on one occasion that they were already full up due to other customers hiring them days previously. However, the restaurant next door has a baggage room and will store your belongings for a few euros.

The funicular and ticket office has already been touched upon in a post above; but from memory you can purchase lift passes at 0730. Normally there is a long queue (20+ ppl) so worth turning up and getting in line a little earlier.

What days are you going? I have booked myself on two more one-day trips on Jan 18th and Mar 7th.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MorganW, you may have read my pessimistic post on this. I would be most interested on your comments.
If you are repeating the experience I presume you didn't find it anyway as bad as I suggest.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim wrote:
MorganW, you may have read my pessimistic post on this. I would be most interested on your comments.
If you are repeating the experience I presume you didn't find it anyway as bad as I suggest.

You could always use the London to Aviemore/Fort William Sleeper. The bargin berths deals from £19 each way.

You get even get a proper bed and breakfast. Once in Aviemore or fortwilliam you can get the bus to the slopes. Obviously hard to plan around conditions but if you went in late feb or march you'd be almost be guarenteed some reasonable snow. Would be cheaper too.

see http://www.firstgroup.com/scotrail/frameset/index.php?DHXXRFURL=https://secure.scotrail-online.co.uk/_apps/users/journeys/search_journey_form.asp
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
scottishskier, welcome to snowheads. And a good idea.
(I thought they had got rid of that sleeper to Fort William - great to see it is still going Smile )
But there seems to be a small flaw
I can't get any of those Bargain Berths Sad
First i tried going up Friday 26th and coming back Saturday 27th. No dice.
So I tried other days earlier in that week. Still no dice
So maybe you can't book that early ahead.
I tried December: going up Friday 7th and coming back Saturday 8th. Again no go.
Do these tickets actually exist Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They have tickets listed till 18th Jan at the moment.

There are no sleepers on a sat sadly so you won't find any that way.

The search is a range not a departure return date.

Easiest way to see the cheap tickets is to leave the start date as todays date and set the end date to 18th Jan 08.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the advice. MorganW I'm going the same day as you for so watch out for a group of 9 around the lift pass office no doubt. Is the ski shop call SKi 2000 as I found that online and thought that may be the best option.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy